Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre,
While we were at POR last week my hubby required medical help and 911 was called and the fire dept came and helped. I was wondering if there was someone I could contact to find out the names of the 2 fire fighters who helped my hubby. I never noticed/or asked their names--Its something one forgets while in the middle of a crisis. The CM's and fire dept were quick to respond and very professional and friendly. I commend all involved :firefight

Thanks Andre if you know this info

If you are unable to find out the names of the 2 fire fighters, you could always send the department some cookies or food thanking them for their service. My husband is a fire fighter and they appreciate it when things like that are done.

How is it that a "Disney expert" travel agent does not know some of the simple stuff I have found out just by browsing this and other websites? :confused3 She goes to Disney 10x as much as I do, but does not know that online checkin has changed from 10 to 60 days. Knows nothing of the MB/FP+ test in September and October at POR, but only knows that Disney will contact her if I am chosen to test :rolleyes1

Not all Disney TA's are in the know. I have used a couple AAA TA's in the past and they didn't have the best knowledge. I now am a Disney TA myself (as of earlier this year). I try to keep up with everything by reading the DisBoards and other websites, along with the Disney Travel Agents website, and by going often. All Disney TA's were only notified as of yesterday which resorts are being tested. Again, I first learned which ones were being tested by reading it here.

If you are unable to find out the names of the 2 fire fighters, you could always send the department some cookies or food thanking them for their service. My husband is a fire fighter and they appreciate it when things like that are done.

I'd go along with that advice for the fire department, since anyone could have been sent out it'd be nice to do something for everyone in the dept.

For the resort CMs, you can contact WDW guest relations by email, or write to the resort's General Manager directly.

Andre

We have received via MDE an offer to get MBs. Do we have to or can we just use our Room cards to get into the parks? We use cash for food and purchases.

I really try to be. We have to be like this at work so it bleeds out into off the clock life for me. Plus I know guest and future guests get a kick out of hearing that. Kind of makes their day! What makes others happy does really make me happy knowing I can do something for someone I have never met in order for them to have a better day/experience!

~My personal Quote also got thrown in there.

Well it works! Well for me anyway, and at least for a minute or so. Then real life intrudes...hmm is 6:15 too early for bedtime for my kids? There must be a full moon.

Well it works! Well for me anyway, and at least for a minute or so. Then real life intrudes...hmm is 6:15 too early for bedtime for my kids? There must be a full moon.

Glad to hear it does for some guests!

Ours goes to bed at 10pm lol. We should make it 9!

I wouldn't move with my two little ones. I want to take the Magical Express, check in and not move resorts until we go home. Just my opinion, with my kids. Also, having extra dining isn't a bad thing. Especially if it's free...and you'll be using two credits for one meal (like a signature).

Unfortunately my sister did not qualify for FD, so she would be paying for it.

We have received via MDE an offer to get MBs. Do we have to or can we just use our Room cards to get into the parks? We use cash for food and purchases.

You will get Magic Bands anyway when you check-in, so you might as well customise them before you arrive so you don't all get generic grey ones. You'll get a plastic KttW card too if you really don't like the bands.

Andre

Hi there :) We are planning a trip for Jan 2-8 and I had a few questions.

1) I would really like to stay in one of the Royal Rooms (they look amazing!!) but I have 3 children plus my husband. My question is: My youngest dd who just turned 2 still sleeps with me. Will I need 2 rooms or will she be able to bunk with me since she is under 3?

2) Which building/area should I request to have the movie in the lawn outside my door? I think that would be nice for big sis to take little sis out there for a movie while we get baby wound down.

3) I know the pools are heated but do people actually use them in early January? Does it get hot enough for swimming?

Thank you to all the regulars here who help out answering questions, that's really great of you! :)

Venomhatch said:
Glad to hear it does for some guests!

Ours goes to bed at 10pm lol. We should make it 9!

Lol ours is 9 which somehow always ends up w me leaving their room around 10

Lol ours is 9 which somehow always ends up w me leaving their room around 10

Ours is 11, about to be 12. Where did all those other years go?

Well Ill be around for the next five minutes then bed for me. Maybe asleep by 930 lol.

Hi!

Just poppin' in after a really looooooooong day at work to see whats new.
Just checked MDE again :surfweb: Still no luck on MBs or FP+ ;-(

Sure was hoping ............

If I faxed room preferences in, but nothing was noted on our initial reservation, will it be ok? I didn't note anything at first, but just thought I would wait and fax it in now. Which I did earlier today. But now I'm second guessing myself. It won't be the end of the world or anything, but it would be nicer if we did did get something on the list you know. Should I call and have it added to our reservation?

I keep forgetting to ask this (and I can't remember the answer from experience or from possibly asking at the beginning of this year. Does the general store sell distilled water? DH has a CPAP, and it would be most convenient. Thought it might save on a rental car, but I just checked rentals from CCC or Dolphin, and whoa, $100 more than my current reservation from the airport.

How is it that a "Disney expert" travel agent does not know some of the simple stuff I have found out just by browsing this and other websites? :confused3 She goes to Disney 10x as much as I do, but does not know that online checkin has changed from 10 to 60 days. Knows nothing of the MB/FP+ test in September and October at POR, but only knows that Disney will contact her if I am chosen to test :rolleyes1

She probably doesn't check out disneyworld.com enough to notice things have changed. If she doesn't check it, she doesn't experience the Experience. if she doesn't check the site she doesn't get to see the checkin info. If she goes THAT often, maybe there's never 60 days before a trip, IF she stays onsite, so she can't notice a difference in the online checkin. etc etc.

Although I would not consider myself to have more overall knowledge than my cousin and her husband, I know the more *touristy* stuff. They never stay longer than a weekend unless we get a 2 bedroom villa and invite them, but even then they aren't doing all the online stuff that I am.

Anyway, it happens! Different areas of expertise.

Andre,
While we were at POR last week my hubby required medical help and 911 was called and the fire dept came and helped. I was wondering if there was someone I could contact to find out the names of the 2 fire fighters who helped my hubby. I never noticed/or asked their names--Its something one forgets while in the middle of a crisis. The CM's and fire dept were quick to respond and very professional and friendly. I commend all involved :firefight

Thanks Andre if you know this info

Isn't the fire department there Reedy Creek? Maybe contact them and give them the time and area and general problem, along with a letter commending the people that helped? They have to write up the incidents, so they would know who responded.

We are just a week and a half away from our visit to POR. Just DW and I, kids are grown. I am looking forward to the break since I have been working 7 days/week 12+ hrs/day since February with no days off. We have Magic Bands, FP+, and ADR's with FD. Our first night (9/21) we will eat at Boatwrights, and see Yehaw Bob. Our final night we are attending Hoop Dee Doo Review - which we have never done before. We have some no-parks days just to relax by the pool, DTD, and explore.

Isn't the fire department there Reedy Creek? Maybe contact them and give them the time and area and general problem, along with a letter commending the people that helped? They have to write up the incidents, so they would know who responded.

It is Reedy Creek don't know the direct number but at least you have Google to find it.

FYI for any questioning Murphy bed size....last might my 5'7 daughter slept on it, tonight my 6'3 son traded with her, he loves it! Moved the chair to the head of it so the pillow would not slip off since no headboard, could not find a weight limit, he is 180 and no creaky sounds...we will see if he falls off in the night! He slept on the ground for 11 nights at Philmont, so this is heaven to him! :)
Another great day! Loving POR!

Yes we want to do something like that,but thought if we could get their names we could also send a personal message

I'd go along with that advice for the fire department, since anyone could have been sent out it'd be nice to do something for everyone in the dept.

For the resort CMs, you can contact WDW guest relations by email, or write to the resort's General Manager directly.

Andre

Thank you. I believe one of the CM's was the General Manager-but not positive --but they all need to be commended. It is so reassuring knowing that help is so quick to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter