Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorta OT:

For those that have done fastpass plus. Does anyone have a complete list (or know of where to get one) of all the rides/shows/character meets that are available to choose from for each of the parks. I have a year to plan but would like an idea of what we need to choose from.

Also the BOG fast pass how exactly does it work, as I am a bit confused. You either choose a return time or a return time plus ore choose your meal? The return time what type of time frame do you get to pick from?

Thanks for the help. I can't wait until we are at POR celebrating my daughters birthday next year. Already I keep putting 2014 when I date things. Wishful thinking!!!

You can find it in the first post of this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106339

I can only give my thoughts on a couple things.

4. Florist for me is very expensive. IDK what you are looking for. but I saw a post with pics of the double balloons(mickey balloon inside a clear balloon) It was picked up from a vender on main street MK for about $14. I plan on getting one-only prob is that it can't be sent to room-you would have to take it with you.--but just a thought.

8. Definately take it with you on the rides!!! Personally I hate people with big back packs. They tend to hit people around them. I opt for a cross the body bag or a small back pack--but what ever is comfortable to you

Thank you very much!! Yeah, I am not a big backpack type of fan either. I am thinking I will take a stroller (she is a peanut, 40lbs, 41 inches) and keep the stuff that is not important in the backpack under the stroller and the important stuff in a cross the body bag. I found the florist to be expensive but didnt know if it was worth it. THANK YOU so much for your response!

I don't have answers for all of these but maybe I can help a little!

3. Call Disney or get your travel agent to call Disney and make sure that her Birthday is listed on your dining reservations. :)

4. Personally I would say no.

6. When we went we let our daughter get a toy everyday which was about $15-20 a day and then the last day me and my husband picked out something I don't remember the exact amount it just depends on how much you want to splurge I want to say we spent around $500.

7. I would ask your travel agent when I ordered ours it usually comes in a few days after I order it.

8. When we went we had a back we kept in the stroller with drinks and ponchos nothing that REALLY mattered if it did get stolen. And I carried a lanyard around my neck with a wallet that I had our KTW cards some money that sort of thing. I think this is what most people do because strollers were full of backpacks when we were there! :) I hope that helps you some.
I can't wait to go back!

THANK YOU for your response...I will call Disney to make sure her birthday is on the dining reservations! Good to know about the florist...I am thinking I will not be doing that! I really like your limit of $15-20 a day and on the last day splurge if I want. It will let her know once she reached her daily limit she has to wait until the next day :) I will ask my travel agent about the photopass+ thank you!!!

3. As others have said, just call Disney Dining and have them add the birthday to the reservation. Have her wear the pin and you'll be shocked at how many 'happy birthday' greetings she gets, and how many cupcakes from restaurants. Call the BBB and have them note the birthday on that reservation as well. She'll get a "birthday princess" sash as well as the standard BBB one.

4. I would buy the ears on property. You may find that you'd rather have classic ones than the birthday ones for the first trip. It's just as magical to pick them out together and have her name embroidered on them as it would be to have them pre ordered.

6. No one can know how much for souvenirs is in your budget. We like to pick a 'per day' amount that we're comfortable with and use that as a guideline. That keeps us from overindulging DD, and we have NEVER actually spent the whole amount budgeted. It's a nice bonus to have extra money left over when you get home! If your kids are into stuffed animals or pins or whatever, maybe agree to buy them one per day. It's also nice to get them some Disney gift cards with a small amount on them and let them have some of their own money to spend. DD6 always saves up in advance of the trip to have spending money, but since your trip is a surprise, maybe ask the grandparents to give you some gift cards to surprise them with on the trip?

7. If your TA booked PP+ through Disney rather than the Photopass website (and I'm assuming she did) then the PP+ voucher will be in the Magical Extras booklet-commonly called Mickey Mail on the DIS-along with the coupons for the arcade, Planet Hollywood, mini golf, etc. DO NOT FORGET THAT VOUCHER! Take that voucher to any PP location (there's one at some of the deluxe resorts-we used the one at the GF since we had a breakfast ADR there on our first day-and one at every park). At the PP location they will give you a CD case and the red PP+ card on lanyard. The CD is very important as the code you'll need to order the photo CD once you've edited your vacation pics is on the inside cover. When using the PP+ card for ride photos, note the pic # and then go to the desk where you purchase them, tell them the photo # and have them swipe your card. The ride photo will be added to your PP card (no hard copies). For restaurant photos (and BBB) you'll get both hard and digital copies of the pictures.

8. My husband carries the backpack full of ponchos/extra clothes/camera gear and I carry a really small cross body purse holding the cards, wallet, etc. We take both on rides with us. My DH is a big guy (6'2" 250 lbs) and he's never had a problem getting himself and the bag into the seats comfortably.

Have a great time, and thanks to your family for your service.:thumbsup2

What a great follow-up from the other two posts... :)

I will make sure to call Disney to note the birthday on our ADR. I know the BBB has it noted we are celebrating her birthday. I will def buy the Mickey Ears on Property...she may want a different type...I would hate for her to see a pair she likes and then I would buy both. I will stick with a budget and let her know ahead of time what she can/cannot buy. I am having her birthday party with family only a week before we go. I am going to put on the invitation that suggested gift would be Disney Gift Cards (I will even put where they can buy them). My TA did book through Disney...so it should me in the mail with the other stuff :) Thanks for the info on the backpack...I really didn't want to leave it behind...good to know if I wanted to it could go on the rides with us :)

Thank you very much! I will let my brother-in-law know that his service is appreciated :)

What is the best number to call when checking on a celebration. When we had the Canadian site I could see the celebration attached but I see nothing on MDE. I was assuming it was on my reservations--but one should not assume.:thumbsup2

I've just finished working on the last of my Port Orleans panorama updates from my last trip (see www.portorleans.org/panoramas.php for the others).

This one is a new 360-degree image of a Royal Guest Room, with the newly updated Princess artwork on the walls. I prefer it to the one I did last year in fact:

Flash Player: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/download.php?file=POR-MB-Room-Royal-2013-2410-pano360.swf

QuickTime: www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/download.php?file=POR-MB-Room-Royal-2013-2410-pano360.mov

Online viewable version is on the website.

Andre

The princess rooms were not over the top girly BUT, they had a a bedspread that had jewels in it and a picture of the princess and I think of the princes on the walls. They had a good bit of touches from Aladdin and Princess and the Frog . My little girl loved it, if you had a little boy who was all mud and bugs type I don't think he would like these rooms, because I feel like they were geared toward girls, that is just my thoughts. princess:

This gives me pause. Does the new Princess artwork make it overly feminine (at least from a young boy's perspective)?

That's almost how it looked in Feb, and my son didn't find it to be girly at all. (and I'm not sure how pictures of pretty girls makes it bad for boys, LOL)

The silhouettes Andre shows over the table, unless they changed them (I can't click to make them bigger to make sure), include princes, so there's a boy influence in the room, too.

I am wanting to request building 16. We are paying for garden view. Are the garden views centrally located on the building or it is kinda just spread out? Does anyone have any pics of the garden views?

This gives me pause. Does the new Princess artwork make it overly feminine (at least from a young boy's perspective)?

This worries me a little bit. I have two grandsons and these are the rooms we have reserved. I don't think the 5 year old will care but i don't know abouth the 10 year old and their daddy.

It certainly makes it a little more girl-oriented, but just the cool fireworks display should still be enough to keep lads happy. It's just Disney pictures on a wall after all, the rest of the décor is regal rather than girly.

I am wanting to request building 16. We are paying for garden view. Are the garden views centrally located on the building or it is kinda just spread out? Does anyone have any pics of the garden views?

Yes, they are located in the centre section of the building, facing generally towards the quiet pool:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-16.png

Andre

Wow Andre! Cool picture! Is there more on the POR website? Gotta go recheck it out!

Also has the fulton's been updated? I am looking to find out what kind of groceries they have and approx costs if it is listed. We are debating whether to go with the Garden Grocer or just pick up as needed from Fulton's since there is the distinct possibility that there may be no refrigerator (c/i - 9/26).

Just got a letter from Disney regarding no refrigerators. I like the thought of using the space for additional storage, but we always used the frig for breakfast stuff. Bummer!

If we are not getting ME from the airport to Disney I won't be getting those in the mail BUT will the other vouchers come here or do I pick them up at check in? i will also be ordering a reg photo pass. I keep reading about vouchers for that also ?
My last trip (fd package) we didn't get any vouchers at all. We also paid for our mugs but had a dining plan. I know better thus trip :)
50 days so excited and nervous all at once!

This worries me a little bit. I have two grandsons and these are the rooms we have reserved. I don't think the 5 year old will care but i don't know abouth the 10 year old and their daddy.

I have stayed in RR two years in a row with my daughter & 13 yr old nephew and he could care less, didn't bother him in the least. lol I think the colors are rich enough that its not like Cinderella colors.

If we are not getting ME from the airport to Disney I won't be getting those in the mail BUT will the other vouchers come here or do I pick them up at check in? i will also be ordering a reg photo pass. I keep reading about vouchers for that also ?
My last trip (fd package) we didn't get any vouchers at all. We also paid for our mugs but had a dining plan. I know better thus trip :)
50 days so excited and nervous all at once!

A voucher gets sent for the photopass plus to trade in for a lanyard and card. For the regular photopass, you should have received a code that you enter once you are ready to order your CD (usually after your trip). That is unless things have changed in the past year or so since I've gotten them both.

If your previous trip was at least two years ago, the basic dining plan and the quick service dining plan did not include the refillable mug. In 2012, all the dining plans began to include a refillable mug per person.

Wow Andre! Cool picture! Is there more on the POR website? Gotta go recheck it out!

Also has the fulton's been updated? I am looking to find out what kind of groceries they have and approx costs if it is listed. We are debating whether to go with the Garden Grocer or just pick up as needed from Fulton's since there is the distinct possibility that there may be no refrigerator (c/i - 9/26).

Yep. On this page:

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

This post from easyWDW has pictures showing some of what's available at Fulton's:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/port-orleans-riverside-resort-mill-boatwrights-river-roost-boats-ol-man-island-magnola-bend-alligator-bayou-part-1/#more-8158

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter