Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PPS - can't see where we could get magic bands yet, even gray ones, but I'm much calmer about that than FP+ :rolleyes1 Strange that the stuff doesn't roll out consistently for everyone though.

When you are on MDE, under My Account it says Magic Bands and Cards

I'm glad I got the FP+ and just hoping it works LOL But I also want colored bands :)

I've been on hold with the number for MDE since 10pm. Im sure the CMs are all gone and I'll just be cut off hold at 11pm. I can't hang up though!

I just want to share some love with all of you on this board for your info and willingness to answer all our crazy questions. I was just able to make our FP+ selections for October 8-14, and I am over the moon! :hyper: I would never have known a) what to do when the time came, or b) that the crazy things were even available without all of you, special thanks to Andre for this board!!!

Good luck getting the selections you want everyone!!! :wizard:

Thanks,
Allison

PS - yes, part of me recognizes the sheer insanity of being happy/excited for booking my day down to the hour over 6 weeks in advance. What can I say, I'm a Dis addict :bitelip:

This. Absolutely. Disboarders are da bestest evah! Because of Disboards I planned the best wedding in the history of Disney weddings, got the low down on the best restaurants for my rookie self (back in the day of being a WDW rookie) and got FREE DINING for our December trip!! I love ya'll. :grouphug:

PS to your PS; If planning your trip down to the day 6 weeks in advance makes you a little nuts (because I don't think it does, but then, consider the source) then what does it make me doing the same, 3 months out? :rolleyes1 I am actually planning our window decorations for December. So, yes, I am just that much of a geek.

I just spoke with a CM about not having more than grey as a color choice. She said wait until the week of my customize by date. My customize by date is Sept 6 so she told me to start looking on Sept 1st as our information is not completely updated in the system. Choices may come up sooner, but they will definitely be there by Sept 1st.

It looks like my FP+ window opened up today as well - Oct 12-20. A little late for me to play with it tonight but at first glance I didn't see an option for the parade or fireworks fast passes. Am I just overlooking it?

I was able to do a fast pass for the fire works but it is for the weekend only. I also called por today and asked about the refrigerator. She put in a request for one for me. She was very nice. She did also tell me they have 30 thousand refrigerators to replace. She then explained to me that the credit for not getting a refrigerator would be up to the manger . I'm hoping to have one but it's not a big deal. If some other guest needs one because of medical then that's okay with me. I will have a soft sided cooler to keep things cold.

I just tried to fax over my request and keep getting an error message of 'the number you have reached is out of service'. I am using the 407-934-5777 fax number. Anyone else had trouble or know of a different number to use?

You could try the French Quarter fax number, 407-934-5353, as all of the Port Orleans room allocations are dealt with by the same team anyway (and let them know the Riverside fax number is not working).

I had no idea that the RR didn't have ceiling fans, what's up with that?

They put an extra decorative light in place of the ceiling fan in the Royal Rooms. I guess they expect people to use the air con, but I find that can be a little noisy at night.

Is this magic band and fp+ test going to be happening at POR through November? We check in November 22. Just curious if we might be part of this.

Most likely, yes. Officially the current POR 'test' finishes on 31 Oct, but the expectation is that it will probably roll over into live after then if there are no major problems (certainly for Magic Bands at any rate).

Are the chances with our room location and view, make our chances really slim to get this request?

About 50% of all the rooms at Port Orleans connect, and they are in every booking category (except for the wheelchair accessible rooms, where the layout modifications do not allow enough space for a doorway). You should be fine.

How do you get the whole lobby without a single person in it?

Patience, lots of patience! :) Unfortunately, even at 1am when I shot that lobby panorama, there were actually still a lot of people about (even the CMs commented that it was unusually busy that evening - one CM was three hours late for her break, and the poor Bell Services guy was rushed off his feet taking luggage to guests' rooms). However because these panoramas are built up from nine separately photographed images, it is possible to pick and choose your exact moment for each image. I shot that one in a very random order, snapping each image as soon as that particular angle was free of people, but it still took about 50 minutes to get all nine views as clean shots though. The cast members were very helpful too in moving out of each shot, but I wasn't going to disturb tired guests waiting to get to their bags taken to their rooms.

Can you explain more....where is the luggage room? Is it one big fridge that is open to everyone, i.e. can anyone just go in where you put your food?

Bell Services is at the front of the hotel, just to the right of the main entrance. They have a large fridge in their back storage room for keeping perishable goods cold when guests leave their bags there during transfers and check-in/out.

PPS - can't see where we could get magic bands yet, even gray ones, but I'm much calmer about that than FP+ Strange that the stuff doesn't roll out consistently for everyone though.

You could try doing Online Checkin again (there is an Update option on the MDX site). A number of people have found this releases the MB selection options.

Andre

Does anyone know if they sell POR magnets at Fulton's? That's the only thing I'm really dying to get when I go.

Ill be arriving one week today! First stay at POR :cool1: When I booked with the RO discount all that was left was King Bed rooms...fine by me...but not sure now about whether I should put in any requests? Are there King bed rooms in the preferred category? Would there be a chance of getting one in AB close to the lobby? Just not sure...I like the look of the rooms in the mansions better than AB but I love the quietness and relaxing look of the AB grounds and the AB quiet pools... who knows maybe I shouldnt request any particular area and it can be a surprise! :goodvibes

Question here-we'll be there for the first time in 2 weeks-

What if you have purchased your tickets through Undercover Tourist? Then I'm guessing you can't do this?

And the benefit from doing this is?

I ask because we've been invited, but my tickets are from Undercover Tourist?

Can you explain more....where is the luggage room? Is it one big fridge that is open to everyone, i.e. can anyone just go in where you put your food?
Thanks!

It's at the front of the hotel near the airline check in. It's where you would store your luggage the day you leave or arrive and don't have a room yet. There is a fridge at the back. We kept our groceries in the bag from Garden Grocer with our name on it and gave it to the CM to put it in the fridge for us and then would ask the CM for it when we needed it. It wasn't super convenient, but it wasn't too bad. My husband went to get coffee in the morning so he'd get the groceries then. Then we'd take the bus from the South depot so we'd drop them off on our way to the bus.

Fyrecat said:
Question here-we'll be there for the first time in 2 weeks-

What if you have purchased your tickets through Undercover Tourist? Then I'm guessing you can't do this?

And the benefit from doing this is?

I ask because we've been invited, but my tickets are from Undercover Tourist?

If you mean can you do the magic bands and fp+ testing I'm pretty sure I've read you can. You will need to link you tickets first though....
Check out the September invite for fastpasses thread or the official magic bands thread they should have all the answers!

It's called mymagic+ & fasypass+ official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter