Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyAndrew said:
I read about all of these people who already got their Magic Bands and I'm starting to get jealous.

I check in on 9/7 and mine still says that they are being customized and will ship soon. I customized them last Thursday. It seems odd that other people that customized them last Thursday and Friday that aren't checking in until 9/15 or later have already received theirs. Anybody else checking in on or around 9/7 receive their bands yet?

I'm now worried, just trying to figure out the process. That's probably a waste of time..haha

I'm in your boat! I customized my bands and it says I have 5 days to change them.... Then they will ship. Tomorrow is day 5 maybe I'll get them this weekend?

I got the email that my bands shipped this morning, and when I check the Tracking number they were actually shipped 2 days ago and are being delivered today!

Andre - fantastic panoramas!
We loved our room in Magnolia in 2011, but the Alligator Bayou shot you have out there makes me want to give the lodges a shot...haven't put in any requests yet, really thinking about just being adventerous and being surprised...

I am in the "Were Sorry! The selected date must be within..." camp as far as fast passes go. I've checked in and am under 60 days, (Oct 12 arrival) but if I'm reading the posts correctly, nobody with October and later arrivals has been able to get the fast passes or magic bands yet. Even though some are within 60 days?

Anyone tried or know if we can link MNSSHP tickets to DME and thus the Magic Bands?

I am in the "Were Sorry! The selected date must be within..." camp as far as fast passes go. I've checked in and am under 60 days, (Oct 12 arrival) but if I'm reading the posts correctly, nobody with October and later arrivals has been able to get the fast passes or magic bands yet. Even though some are within 60 days?

That seems to be accurate. We're checking in Oct 19, have done online check-in, and I have no access yet to either fp+ selections or MBs.

Nothing I've seen indicates there's currently any access beyond 9/28.

We r staying 9/14-9/21 we have two reservations for preferred. Approx how many rooms r adjoining? Do the still have the pull down beds in them?

I read about all of these people who already got their Magic Bands and I'm starting to get jealous.

I check in on 9/7 and mine still says that they are being customized and will ship soon. I customized them last Thursday. It seems odd that other people that customized them last Thursday and Friday that aren't checking in until 9/15 or later have already received theirs. Anybody else checking in on or around 9/7 receive their bands yet?

I'm now worried, just trying to figure out the process. That's probably a waste of time..haha

We check in on 9/4. I customized our bands and had them in 2 days. Maybe you should call about them.

Ok, I admit, I'm too lazy to search the thread. Feel free to flame. :-) that said, I have 2 questions.
First, has anyone been able to ship a case of water to the resort recently? Usually use our snack credits for water, but I want to save those for F&W this year! Thinking about shipping from Costco. Any suggestions? Best address/form to use?
Second question, does anyone know what bathroom amenities are in the rooms? Body wash or just a bar of soap? Separate shampoo and conditioner or combo?
Thanks for the help all!

Ok, I admit, I'm too lazy to search the thread. Feel free to flame. :-) that said, I have 2 questions.
First, has anyone been able to ship a case of water to the resort recently? Usually use our snack credits for water, but I want to save those for F&W this year! Thinking about shipping from Costco. Any suggestions? Best address/form to use?
Second question, does anyone know what bathroom amenities are in the rooms? Body wash or just a bar of soap? Separate shampoo and conditioner or combo?
Thanks for the help all!

I can help on the bathroom stuff. When we were there at the end of May, there were separate shampoo and conditioner, facial soap and body soap. No bodywash :(

I am having water shipped not to POR to another resort. There is a sticky at the top of the resort forum that gives complete directions along with the correct shipping address for all the resorts.

That seems to be accurate. We're checking in Oct 19, have done online check-in, and I have no access yet to either fp+ selections or MBs.

Nothing I've seen indicates there's currently any access beyond 9/28.

We are staying 9/28 - 10/4. I signed into MDE 3 days ago to do online check in and was able to customize my Magic Bands, but couldn't access fp+ selections on any days but 9/28. I was over on the Septmeber FP+ thread and someone mentioned they were able to schedule them past the 28th. So I logged in and checked, and sure enough, I was able to :goodvibes The only day I had trouble with was Monday, 9/30 - there were no selections for the MK. I will try again later :)

We are staying 9/28 - 10/4. I signed into MDE 3 days ago to do online check in and was able to customize my Magic Bands, but couldn't access fp+ selections on any days but 9/28. I was over on the Septmeber FP+ thread and someone mentioned they were able to schedule them past the 28th. So I logged in and checked, and sure enough, I was able to :goodvibes The only day I had trouble with was Monday, 9/30 - there were no selections for the MK. I will try again later :)

Yup - I didn't get mine for 9/3 either - still trying

Opps - not 9/3 but 9/30.

To those arriving in October or November, have you had any luck in A) selecting FP+ times, or B) customizing magic bands?

We arrive in November, and when I click on FP+ under MDE, I receive an error message that says: We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

Again, I know not to worry until after I get my email/letter of invitation to FP+, but am just curious as to what other Oct.-Dec. travelers are experiencing.

We check in at POR Oct. 5th, and I am getting the exact same message...however, I do not have tix linked...we can't link them bc I bought them through travelocity (mistake!).

V
Checked into POR Sunday 8/18. I had called the special needs line to request a fridge for my DH who is diabetic. Our room had a working fridge- in the mansions section- it was in the cabinet so I don't think it was a medical fridge. :)

Glad to hear. I have the exact same situation...my DH is diabetic, and I requested a fridge. We check in on Oct. 5th. :goodvibes

Thanks for the help all!

We order water, some snacks, and small breakfast munchies (fresh fruit, donuts, cereal boxes) from garden grocer. They deliver to the resort, and bell services will hold it until you arrive. This is our third time using them.

We order water, some snacks, and small breakfast munchies (fresh fruit, donuts, cereal boxes) from garden grocer. They deliver to the resort, and bell services will hold it until you arrive. This is our third time using them.

I did look at garden grocer, but all we're really looking for is a case of water. The $10 delivery fee outs it a bit steep for just that item. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Thanks for the help all!
I think the address is on the first page. I ordered from garden grocer and they just had a drop down with all the addresses

We able to make our FP+ selections for our stay 9/28 - 10/12 tonight. The only day we had any difficulty with was 9/29 - there was nothing open at AK. Magic Bands should be shipping on 8/28! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter