Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only guessing here disneymania................Since I would think the majority of folks pay their packages off near or on the 45 day mark, and Disney offers online check-in at 60 days out, one would assume this is a common place issue.

I to will be playing my balance off very close to my 45 day mark.Probably one day before it actually :lmao:

So, maybe someone who has dealt with this will chime in for us :thumbsup2

Yes you can check in and still have a balance, I did it just a few weeks ago.

I'm really confused :confused3 We arrive at POR on 9/15 - 9/27. We can make fastpass + picks, but we cannot do magic bands. I've read that you need to do the online check-in, but I do have some requests and plan to fax POR 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival. So I don't want to do the online check in because I really need to get a first floor room (my son has autism and he jumps a lot when he has sensory processing problems). We could not get preferred rooms but I really need to try to get as close to the main building as possible (maybe building 16 or 17) because my son will not go to the food court, so when we eat at the resort I take food back to the room.

Will we be able to get the magic bands even if we don't do online check-in? Or can we do online check in and still fax our requests??????

Mom2six said:
I'm really confused :confused3 We arrive at POR on 9/15 - 9/27. We can make fastpass + picks, but we cannot do magic bands. I've read that you need to do the online check-in, but I do have some requests and plan to fax POR 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival. So I don't want to do the online check in because I really need to get a first floor room (my son has autism and he jumps a lot when he has sensory processing problems). We could not get preferred rooms but I really need to try to get as close to the main building as possible (maybe building 16 or 17) because my son will not go to the food court, so when we eat at the resort I take food back to the room.

Will we be able to get the magic bands even if we don't do online check-in? Or can we do online check in and still fax our requests??????

One of the options in online check-in is first floor, other than that its what time do you think you will be checking in and what credit card do you want to put on file. Pretty harmless really especially because it seems to make the magic band option appear almost immediately lol

Yay! We are getting to join the POR love now! We originally had POR booked then FD came out and we switched to CBR bc POR did not have availability. We finally found a GD view room this weekend and switched our ressie. We've stayed at POR once and loved it. Can't wait to go back (we'll be there Dec. 12-22). Hoping Magic Bands will still be there and that we can do Fastpass +!

I did NOT do online check in for POR but DID get the MB ability to customize and yesterday it said I had 7 days to finish.

I am not planning on doing online check in because I want to see if I can get the same room for both my check in (first 9/26-10/4)(second 10/4-10/6). and if I have to stand in line to do it because of our plans for 10/4. So I knew right off the bat that I would be talking to a CM at check in. We did (through travel agent) request a specific building but that is about it for us.

For my reservation back in February, my TA put in requests. I also did online check in and I sent a fax 5 days in advance. I got all my requests and I didn't have to wait for my package since it was all ready with the online check-in.

I know it's all Magic Bands now, but did anyone try the trial bus pickup at DTD for PO guests. Would love to hear a report. Does anyone know if they will continue this? It fits our schedule perfectly.

Checked into POR Sunday 8/18. I had called the special needs line to request a fridge for my DH who is diabetic. Our room had a working fridge- in the mansions section- it was in the cabinet so I don't think it was a medical fridge. :)

I haven't checked in on line yet and I was just able to customize our bands!!! Port Orleans here we come 9/18 - 9/27. Yay!!!!!

I'd just tell them I'm checking in at 4PM. It won't matter if you're there early, but it's more important to have them think you can wait for your requested room.

When I did online check in I was able to make my two room requests (corner room, bottom floor, etc). When I was done and checked that I wanted notification that my room was ready it asked if I was willing to wait for room to be available that met my requests, or if I would rather have my room available early in the day (I can't remember exact wording but that was the gist of it). I chose the option to wait for room if not available at check in so I had a better chance of getting what I wanted.

I read about all of these people who already got their Magic Bands and I'm starting to get jealous.

I check in on 9/7 and mine still says that they are being customized and will ship soon. I customized them last Thursday. It seems odd that other people that customized them last Thursday and Friday that aren't checking in until 9/15 or later have already received theirs. Anybody else checking in on or around 9/7 receive their bands yet?

I'm now worried, just trying to figure out the process. That's probably a waste of time..haha

acceber32 said:
Yay! We are getting to join the POR love now! We originally had POR booked then FD came out and we switched to CBR bc POR did not have availability. We finally found a GD view room this weekend and switched our ressie. We've stayed at POR once and loved it. Can't wait to go back (we'll be there Dec. 12-22). Hoping Magic Bands will still be there and that we can do Fastpass +!

We did the same thing! We changed from POFQ back to POR on Monday AND (drum roll please) we already got our Magic Bands today!!!

Stacy

I read about all of these people who already got their Magic Bands and I'm starting to get jealous.

I check in on 9/7 and mine still says that they are being customized and will ship soon. I customized them last Thursday. It seems odd that other people that customized them last Thursday and Friday that aren't checking in until 9/15 or later have already received theirs. Anybody else checking in on or around 9/7 receive their bands yet?

I'm now worried, just trying to figure out the process. That's probably a waste of time..haha

We check in on Sept. 7 also. Customized our bands on Thurs and received them Monday.

Yea! We can customize our magic bands now! Awesome. I can't wait to arrive there.

Now I just have to have an order of diapers from Amazon sent to the resort.

Can I just say how much I love this forum, all of you who share your wealth of knowledge, AND especially Andre and Venom?? I read about POR getting MB on Sunday (both here and portorleans.org), and on Monday the link magically appeared on MDE! I customized them right away, and they came this morning!!! My babysitter is taking her family at the same time, but they are staying at Coronado Springs. No MB for them. POR really is the place to be!!

Lime Green for me, of course!!

:banana:At this time in exactly four weeks, we will be in the Magic Kingdom!!:banana:

We check in on Sept 6. We just customized ours last night. Today it says our bands are now customized and our order is being processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter