Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info on MBs! We travel in 4 weeks, had no problem adding Fast Passes...but now I am trying to be strategic about it...would it be better to get Fast Passes for morning or save them for later and take our chances that by getting there at rope drop we can race to our favorite rides? Then I think that many visitors leave the parks between 2-5 for rest/pool visits, so maybe the rides will be less during that time and then maybe we should set Fast Passes for evening? Any recent experiences on wait times for rides? Oh, the days of Disney travel are changing, aren't they?? :cool1:

We're going at the same time. Traveling with two little ones and I'm hoping the crowds will be low like usually it is that time of year. I had a different plan and made fast lasses for rides we want to do without kiddos or rides we will want to do twice. We typically park hop, so the fastpass+ is just an added bonus, but we're not planning too much around them.

Andre, thanks for sharing the information & updates! It helps so much in our planning.

Thanks for the info on MBs! We travel in 4 weeks, had no problem adding Fast Passes...but now I am trying to be strategic about it...would it be better to get Fast Passes for morning or save them for later and take our chances that by getting there at rope drop we can race to our favorite rides? Then I think that many visitors leave the parks between 2-5 for rest/pool visits, so maybe the rides will be less during that time and then maybe we should set Fast Passes for evening? Any recent experiences on wait times for rides? Oh, the days of Disney travel are changing, aren't they?? :cool1:

I had the same dilemma scheduling fastpasses. Our daughter has BBB and Pirates League appointments in the late afternoons on our two MK days, followed by dinner at CRT on the BBB day and Ohana on the PL day. We will go back to the resort after lunch for a rest so I booked fastpasses for those two days for 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00.

I am SO happy to FINALLY be saying that we will definitely be staying at POR WITH free dining in November! HALLELUJAH! We have been trying to get in since FD came out but couldn't get in. We've gone from POP to POR (with no FD) to CBR to POP again and this morning checked the Disney site and there were rooms available!!! TWO garden view rooms! I am so happy because our whole party was SO excited about staying at POR and was very disappointed that we wouldn't be. So yayyyy for POR!!! :cool1:

Does anyone know if since I used a TA she has to do my magic bands for me or can I do them? And will they be shipped to her first or to me directly?

Hi!:wave2: I just subscribed to this thread after switching my reservation to POR for FD in the fall! I'm so excited that we switched! Not only are we staying in RGRs, which my girls will flip about, but it looks like we'll be able to take advantage of FP+! :cool1: We are an early morning family, so we will continue to hit rope drop and hope that FP+ will help us out with our afternoon rides and parades. Many thanks to Andre and others on this thread who keep all of us so well informed. :flower3:

We are checking in on Sept. 28 for a one night stay (room only) and then for our package on Sept. 29. We now can access the screens to FP+ on MDE, but can't get past the second screen where they ask who the FPs will be for. After I select our family, it tells me that no FPs are available for our dates. It looks like they are not allowing FP+ selections after Sept. 28.

I know that there are lots of unknowns, so there may not be an answer at all. But, is there any speculation about when they might release Sept. 29 - October for FP+ selections (or why there is a line of demarcation between Sept 28 and 29)? I'm wondering whether this will be opened up soon, or whether its going to be treated as a separate block of dates and opened up 17-18 days in advance? Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if since I used a TA she has to do my magic bands for me or can I do them? And will they be shipped to her first or to me directly?

If you have your reservation number you can log into My Disney Experience on Disney's Website and view your reservation info, customize magic bands, add fast pass plus, etc...

While it's not possible to answer for every possible permutation, the general guidance is that buses start running about 6:30am, but the full "at least every 20 mins" service does not start until one hour before each park's opening time.

I would be at the bus stop at least an hour before the time you want to be at the park turnstile, or 90 mins to be safe if transferring to another resort hotel.

Which bus stop to use depends on the park that you are going to and the route the bus takes. For MK, buses normally pick up at East before South, but for Studios and Epcot it's the other way around.

Andre

Thanks.

Whenever the reservation system is fully rolled out and working properly, do you know whether the FP+ reservations must be made 60 days max in advance of each park day, or can we reserve our whole trip at 60 days from our check in day (similar to the 180+10 system for ADRs)?

If you have your reservation number you can log into My Disney Experience on Disney's Website and view your reservation info, customize magic bands, add fast pass plus, etc...

So we could do the customization ourselves? That is good. I assume they will ship directly to us then, even if we used a TA?

I am SO happy to FINALLY be saying that we will definitely be staying at POR WITH free dining in November! HALLELUJAH! We have been trying to get in since FD came out but couldn't get in. We've gone from POP to POR (with no FD) to CBR to POP again and this morning checked the Disney site and there were rooms available!!! TWO garden view rooms! I am so happy because our whole party was SO excited about staying at POR and was very disappointed that we wouldn't be. So yayyyy for POR!!! :cool1:

Congratulations. :cheer2: We are still trying to get FD for our current reservation. I check a few times a day online and call every 4-5 days but still nothing available.

Out of curiosity, when are you going?

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 2nd/3rd September onward.

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving in 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

Andre

Thank you for the information! It's exciting and kind of scary the same time. I'll be watching to see how it all unfolds. :)

Thanks.

Whenever the reservation system is fully rolled out and working properly, do you know whether the FP+ reservations must be made 60 days max in advance of each park day, or can we reserve our whole trip at 60 days from our check in day (similar to the 180+10 system for ADRs)?

I have not seen anything that mentions the +10 like ADRs. However, I do know that you will be able to make FP+ reservations and make changes the day of. So you don't HAVE to make them at the 60 day mark, you are just able to do it that early.

So we could do the customization ourselves? That is good. I assume they will ship directly to us then, even if we used a TA?

Yes it is designed and customized by your family. As for which way they would end up going to. Well they could go strait to you or still to your TA just customized the way you want them to be.

Only asking this here because of Andre's post. When you get a magic band, you are now bound to FP+ aren't you? No more regular FP?

So i have a few questions!!!!

-I did a room only stay and bought tickets separately, if i link them to MDE will i then have the option to do FP+?

-If you get a KTTW card along with your magic band, can you get double the fastpasses? Like have the FP+ planned and then use your card to get more?

-How many FP+ can you schedule in 1 day?

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 2nd/3rd September onward.

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving in 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

Andre
woohoo Sept 2 here we come!! I still can't do it but I am watching!! Thanks Andre

-I did a room only stay and bought tickets separately, if i link them to MDE will i then have the option to do FP+?

Yes, if you're part of the test group.

-If you get a KTTW card along with your magic band, can you get double the fastpasses? Like have the FP+ planned and then use your card to get more?

No. The Band and the KTTW have the same info. Just the media are different.

Can you use your KTTW card to use regular FP then? I don't want to use FP+

Thanks!!!! Do you know how many FP+ you can get per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter