• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking about coffee...

I bought pods of my favorite coffee to take, but ended up using Disney's supplied pods because it was Joffrey's and I really enjoyed it. We stopped at Goodings prior to check in and got creamer to keep in our fridge and it worked out perfectly! Once housekeeping saw that I was using it, they restocked (almost too much!) Haha! The tray that the coffee supplies were in was overflowing!

Where can I find the soft pods? I have tried to do an internet search but only Kcups are coming up!

Also, has anyone had any experience with THE FRIDGE situation? I am checking in in less than a month so I am wondering! I am planning on bringing a soft sided cooler anyway, but it would be nice to know!

Oh yeah, just one more question! Do the shampoo and conditioners still come separately?

TIA for your answers!!!

Online Check In

I can't do it because I am Canadian and we don't have MDE. I can get online check in, in a round about way on the cdn site BUT it doesn't work properly. I do have the MDE Ipad app, but still nothing (annoying) I'll be calling and faxing in my room request. Can anyone tell me via online check in with MDE what are the available room request options? We are booked at POR in a gardenview room

TIA
ERin

Where can I find the soft pods? I have tried to do an internet search but only Kcups are coming up!

Also, has anyone had any experience with THE FRIDGE situation? I am checking in in less than a month so I am wondering! I am planning on bringing a soft sided cooler anyway, but it would be nice to know!

Oh yeah, just one more question! Do the shampoo and conditioners still come separately?

TIA for your answers!!!

I got the pods at Walmart, not the best though.

My room is currently without a fridge and they have a very limited supply and will ask if you want one for medical or regular reasons if you request one.

Yes, the shampoo and conditioner are still separate.

TIA for your answers!!!

I buy the pods from coffee rocket online...they sell both pods and k-cups so I usually just add them to my k-cup order shortly before we go.

That's where I got them from too :thumbsup2 Their shipping was pretty fast. I think I received them maybe 3-5 days after I placed my order.

I'd love to get some advice about the Royal Rooms...

I currently have a standard view Royal Room booked for January but am thinking about upgrading to a garden view. I'm going on my first trip with my boyfriend and thought it would be a nice splurge, though he doesn't seem to care much one way or the other. What do y'all think? Is it worth the money?

I've stayed in a standard Royal Room before, but sometimes the views out the window leave a bit to be desired - and the courtyards look so pretty! :love:

I'd love to get some advice about the Royal Rooms...

I currently have a standard view Royal Room booked for January but am thinking about upgrading to a garden view. I'm going on my first trip with my boyfriend and thought it would be a nice splurge, though he doesn't seem to care much one way or the other. What do y'all think? Is it worth the money?

I've stayed in a standard Royal Room before, but sometimes the views out the window leave a bit to be desired - and the courtyards look so pretty! :love:

Our view from our garden view RR was a-mazing!!! What is the price difference per night for the time you're going? I know many people say you never sit and look at your windows, and we really didn't, but seeing that beautiful garden and fountain as we began each day and coming home to see the courtyard all lit up and the movie set up was so sweet and charming. It was totally worth the little extra money for us! We spent a few nights standing outside our room at the railing and just admiring the view for a little while.

Online Check In

I can't do it because I am Canadian and we don't have MDE. I can get online check in, in a round about way on the cdn site BUT it doesn't work properly. I do have the MDE Ipad app, but still nothing (annoying) I'll be calling and faxing in my room request. Can anyone tell me via online check in with MDE what are the available room request options? We are booked at POR in a gardenview room

TIA
ERin
Fellow Canadian here--well I did an online check-in At least I think I did lol
Click on My reservations and then "view details" then Under Accommodations click on "check in Online" you can link your credit card etc. However from what I read here "room requests" is different and looks like it really didn't get you any options. You can take a loon anyways :)

Free dining tends to be blacked out around holidays. Sometimes a room discount will cover it though.

Here is a thread on the codes board that discusses the upcoming rumored discounts. You will get better answers there :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3146492

OMG thanks SO MUCH!!!! I wasn't paying much attention anymore since I knew we'd be out of luck for FD, now I have a little hope for Monday!!!

TIA for your answers!!!

About this fridge issue. There is also these bags I found at Target, trying to find the link, but you can put ice from the ice machines into pouches and keeps the contents of the bag cool for 7-8 hrs at fridge level cooling.

Our view from our garden view RR was a-mazing!!! What is the price difference per night for the time you're going? I know many people say you never sit and look at your windows, and we really didn't, but seeing that beautiful garden and fountain as we began each day and coming home to see the courtyard all lit up and the movie set up was so sweet and charming. It was totally worth the little extra money for us! We spent a few nights standing outside our room at the railing and just admiring the view for a little while.

Thank you so much for sharing your first-hand experience! (I was so far in love with the courtyard on the last trip I actually walked outside (from our room facing the back of the building) to go look at the fountain for a few minutes!)

I'm not sure what the price difference would be exactly... but looking at a previous quote from my travel agent, I think it should be about $70 to $80 difference for the entire (8-day) trip, so about $10 a day. However, since my boyfriend and I are splitting the cost of our package 50/50, it would only be $5 a day for me!

The more I crunch the numbers and think about this, the better it sounds! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing your first-hand experience! (I was so far in love with the courtyard on the last trip I actually walked outside (from our room facing the back of the building) to go look at the fountain for a few minutes!)

I'm not sure what the price difference would be exactly... but looking at a previous quote from my travel agent, I think it should be about $70 to $80 difference for the entire (8-day) trip, so about $10 a day. However, since my boyfriend and I are splitting the cost of our package 50/50, it would only be $5 a day for me!

The more I crunch the numbers and think about this, the better it sounds! :goodvibes

I would totally say DO IT, then!! Oh, and I just noticed that you're from SC too, so hello :flower3: to a fellow South Carolinian!

I would totally say DO IT, then!! Oh, and I just noticed that you're from SC too, so hello :flower3: to a fellow South Carolinian!

I just realized I talked to you earlier on this same thread! You were actually the person here who helped convince me to book a Royal Room in the first place! :goodvibes

Thanks again for all your help - us South Carolinians have to stick together! :)

webstah said:
You could always just bring green tea bags and run the water through the coffee maker with no pods. This will give you the hot water to steep your tea in.

Love to know if there is a residual coffee taste when you do this. We almost always travel with a small kettle because we don't drink coffee. Anyone?

TIA for your answers!!!

I bought the pods at Shop Rite.

I arrive in less than a month too and would really like a fridge!!

On the coffee pointers...we are not daily coffee drinkers but with 10+ hours in each park, I think we will need some...can not drink most hotel coffee and Starbucks tastes burnt, love kona mild roast...do any coffee pods have a better chance of making a better cup of coffee than another? Found this website with lots of five stars but they could be Starbucks lovers...any coffee pros out there?
Www.coffeewiz.com.

Posted this question on the discount thread, but I guess no one knew the answer. :)

Are preferred rooms at POR typically included in RO discounts? A 25% discount would save us $470! :eek: That's nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure (although rest assured, Disney would still get it one way or another, no doubt :laughing:) I had actually thought about upgrading to deluxe, but everything is full on my dates except for club level type rooms that I could not pay for even with a discount.

I will find out for myself August 1 (not a Disney cardholder) so I will find out for myself, just wondering if I should even get my hopes up.

I might give up my Preferred room if I had to, but it would be a tough decision...

I just realized I talked to you earlier on this same thread! You were actually the person here who helped convince me to book a Royal Room in the first place! :goodvibes

Thanks again for all your help - us South Carolinians have to stick together! :)

Oh, that's right! Yay!! Maybe POR should start giving me a commission! Haha!!

Posted this question on the discount thread, but I guess no one knew the answer. :)

Are preferred rooms at POR typically included in RO discounts? A 25% discount would save us $470! :eek: That's nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure (although rest assured, Disney would still get it one way or another, no doubt :laughing:) I had actually thought about upgrading to deluxe, but everything is full on my dates except for club level type rooms that I could not pay for even with a discount.

I will find out for myself August 1 (not a Disney cardholder) so I will find out for myself, just wondering if I should even get my hopes up.

I might give up my Preferred room if I had to, but it would be a tough decision...

I am going in 10 days and I received a discount on my preferred room. However, each time they put out a discount, it might be different.

Are preferred rooms at POR typically included in RO discounts? A 25% discount would save us $470! :eek:

I just got back from a stay in a preferred room at POR on a room only discount. I booked it the second day it was available.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter