Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LauraJean said:
I'm glad they have a kiddie pool as my youngest is not yet 3 and I wasn't sure if there was one age could just stand and has a little splash in.

It was a decent sized round kiddie pool for a hotel. It is right by the main pool so you can do both.

delilah18 said:
How far are the two non royal room mansions from the food cout and main pool its hard to tell on a map
Thanks

It reallu depends where you are. Andre has the distance perfected. From the river side of oak was about 3 mins. And from the parking lot behind oak the walk was about 5. Depends of course on how fast you walk. Nothing seemed that far honestly.

emlibs1mom said:
2 sleeps ( as if I'll be able to sleep tomorrow night). Mostly packed, I can't wait! I've had packages delivered and we rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando. Should I ask for those things at check in ( around noon) or should I wait until we have our room? Maybe I'll get lucky and our room will be ready. Did online check in and sent a fax. Crossing my fingers for some Pixie Dust.

We rented from baby wheels. You just go to the bell services desk and ask for the stroller. They just gave it to my husband. Our room wasn't ready so we grabbed it and headed to the MK.

Since the Royal Rooms have come out and 2 mansion buildings are solely dedicated to these rooms now, have there been people getting surprise upgrades to Royal Rooms? I'd imagine this would / will happen during times those rooms are low in bookings?

Finally popping in to give my POR review. First I want to thank Andre and Venom for being so helpful in this thread.
We stayed from 4/27 to 5/3. I used Venom's fax template and sent my fax a few days before we arrived. I did mention that my daughter was turning 9 while we were there. I did online check in and upon arrival we found out that we had been upgraded to a Royal Room with a courtyard view in Panterre Place. It was gorgeous. The whole resort was beautiful from the lobby to the grounds and the rooms. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. We loved the food court usually just picking up a small bakery item in the morning but we did eat dinner there most nights and tried the make your own pasta station which was good but my fave was the make your own salad station.

The only complaint I have was the Mousekeeping. I had old food under the bed that stayed there the whole time and they never replenished our coffee cups or switched out the soaps. I did leave a 5 dollar tip every day. My only guess is that the resort is so large and there are only so many Mousekeepers to go around they must have to really hurry to get the job done. On the whole though we were really satisfied with our stay and really enjoyed being upgraded to a Royal Room!

Hey guys
My DH will have rent scooter while at WDW because of leg problems. During the night time where can the scooter stay? I think it will take uo to much space in our room. Maybe if we asked for a handicapped room. Any thoughts.

When free dining is offered, are the Royal Rooms excluded? I know that the Little Mermaid rooms are at AoA, so I suspect the Royal Rooms are as well due to their limited number and popularity but I wanted to double check. Thanks!!

Does it matter which bus depot you leave from to get to MK before rope drop? Can't recall the pick up order, etc.....

Does it matter which bus depot you leave from to get to MK before rope drop? Can't recall the pick up order, etc.....

When we were there a couple if weeks ago, the south depot (in front of main building) was the first pick-up to MK and the last drop-off when returning to POR. The west depot was the last pick-up and the first drop-off.

When we were there a couple if weeks ago, the south depot (in front of main building) was the first pick-up to MK and the last drop-off when returning to POR. The west depot was the last pick-up and the first drop-off.

Thank you so much!! :)

Does anyone know if the do dayroom rates? We have an evening flight and would like to keep the room until 4pm. Was wondering if for like 50$ you can keep the room. Also what is the latest, late checkout they'll give if possible

Does anyone know if the do dayroom rates? We have an evening flight and would like to keep the room until 4pm. Was wondering if for like 50$ you can keep the room. Also what is the latest, late checkout they'll give if possible

The latest I have heard is 1PM.

If you try to upgrade to a river view once up arrive do you forfeit your free dining? Just curious...we had river view but went to pool view so we could be in oak manor.

We are planning to try out the campfire while we are there... should I bring bug spray? I know WDW is good about spraying, but we usually travel in December so I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks,

Stephanie

When free dining is offered, are the Royal Rooms excluded? I know that the Little Mermaid rooms are at AoA, so I suspect the Royal Rooms are as well due to their limited number and popularity but I wanted to double check. Thanks!!

They weren't excluded from any of the room discount promos so I doubt they were excluded from free dining. However, since there is a limited number of them, I suspect they would book up fast.

Mousefan73, I have never heard of any Disney resort offering a day room. The latest "late" check out we have been given is 1pm, but usually its noon and permission isn't granted until the night before or day of. HTH!

Hello all! :wave:
We just returned home from our stay at POR. I faxed my request in 7 days out and I received 2 out of the 3 requests. I asked to be in Alligator Bayou, First floor in building 38,16, or 17. Our room was in AB on the first floor but in building 36. Which seemed so far away from everything. It was 2am by the time we checked in to POR, due to a flight delay so I didn't have the energy to ask about a closer room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and that was all that mattered to me! We had no major bus issues. Used the North depot most days. The only issue we had was the morning we were trying to go to the MK for an early CRT ADR. We sat and watched 3 AK buses and 2 Epcot and HS buses pass us by before 1 MK bus came and it was SO packed (because it was the only one) that they actually skipped the South depot all together, the bus driver said they were going to send out another bus. Coming home from the parks were not an issue either, we seemed to time everything perfectly enough that we made the first bus every time. The food court was ok. The pizza was nothing great, but the ice cream was good! Overall, if I were to stay at this resort again I think I would pay extra for a preferred room (which we wanted to do, but it wasn't offered with the Spring promotion). But I think DH and I have decided that we like being offsite better. We own a timeshare anyways so we'll be looking into Bonnet Creek next time around.

Have a great trip to everyone leaving soon and thank you to everyone on this board for all the useful information!

We are going next June. We stayed at POR June 2011. We loved it. I was throwing around the idea of trying Beach Club, but have decided to stick with POR. We will be able to stay days longer at POR and I know we love it. My fear is paying more money somewhere else and wishing we were at POR the whole time. We are a family of 5, so we will be in the AB. We really loved the AB last time. I think I will book preferred. I thought about booking river view and requesting 14 or 27, but not sure.

For anyone who has been in 38, how long of a walk is it to the food court?

The only thing I will wish I had was a balcony, but I can live with it. My husband and I don't always like to go to sleep the same time as the kids and a balcony would be great for that.

Really looking forward to next year, almost at the one year mark and that means I can really start planning soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter