Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image 44/45 or 38 on the AB photos on your website....love 44/45!!!

POR-AB-2008-6568_forum.jpg

That's building 16, specifically the edge facing towards building 14. You can see the stairway beside rooms 1608 (standard/parking lot view) and 1609 (pool view). The pathway in the foreground leads from the quiet pool to the parking lot.

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-16.png

To be honest, I wouldn't get too bogged down with specific locations. If you don't mind a bit of walking, pretty much EVERY garden view room in AB will give you a nice woodsy outlook.

Andre

My daughter can't have any dairy and also has some other dietary restrictions we are still figuring out (hoping for more answers once she is scoped next week.) Did the TS restaurants have milk substitutes? We use Almond Milk, but she can have soy as well. I plan on having some delivered to the room, but am hoping she can some at dinner some times as well. I am assuming no c/s restaurants have anything.

Michelle

Don't assume that the CS restaurants won't have dairy free options, Disney is wonderful handling food allergies/intolerances and go out of their way to make sure people are accommodated. Email special.diets@wdw.com and they will send you a list of various locations that can handle your need for non dairy items.

Hi! I have been following this thread forever and am posting for the first time! My family (myself, my husband, and our two kids -my son is 4 & my daughter is almost 2) will be visiting in about a month - August 6-13. We have a royal room with a garden view booked. Your post was awesome because we are in a really similar situation. My daughter can't have any dairy and also has some other dietary restrictions we are still figuring out (hoping for more answers once she is scoped next week.) Did the TS restaurants have milk substitutes? We use Almond Milk, but she can have soy as well. I plan on having some delivered to the room, but am hoping she can some at dinner some times as well. I am assuming no c/s restaurants have anything.

We will not have a rental car and will have a double stroller... Any tips for managing the buses?

Thanks!
Michelle

I'm certain many CS have individual servings of Soy milk. Almond milk, I didn't see, but I didn't look for it, exactly. You could have some delivered from Amazon. You can get a pack of 18/8oz for less than $20.00 and if you have anything else you want/need delivered, if you have over $30.00, you get free shipping. Just have it shipped to your attention at the resort with your conf #. People do it all the time, especially if they are low/no gluten intolerant or dairy intolerant, they will ship their dietary aids to their resort.

Agree with above poster, make sure you email her dietary requests...Disney is VERY good about assisting guests with their dietary needs.

I apologize if this has been asked before.

I read on the portorleans.org site that the rooms have Cuisinart coffee makers with coffee pods.

Couple of questions:

1. How many Regular coffee pods do they give you per day? (Decaf does NOT count!) We would need two Regular pods per day.

2. Has anyone had an issue with these not being replenished daily?

I'm considering buying some of the pods online and bringing them along, but if they're good about keeping us stocked, I'd be happy with the complimentary ones.

Thanks!

We just returned from our FABULOUS stay at POR and I am catching up on this thread. This was probably answered for you already, but here goes anyways.

I brought a bag of pods plus a box of individual creamers in my suitcase. I put the box of creamers in a large ziplock bag just in case they were crushed ... but I had no issues with them at all.

We were given two regular pods per day, which were enough for us. I never opened the bag of pods I brought. I did, though, use the individual coffee creamers and was happy I had them in the room. There are individual coffee creamers in the food court ... so next time I may not even bring those.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I'm at 60 days today for my room only reservation. I have to wait two days until my package reservation is available for checking (8/31 - 9/2 and 9/2 - 9/9). Silly free dining dates.

Anyway, I remember someone saying you could request a continuation of the first reservation so you didn't (necessarily) have to change rooms if they could manage it. I just started the online check in and never saw an option for a free form request, only the option where you could pick a floor and a corner room.

Did I miss something or do I need to call and have the other information added?

Same here! I used the site someone posted previously and ordered some pods. We stopped at Goodings on our way in and got creamer ( much to my dismay this meant getting off one exit before the big welcome sign, ha!) Anyway, I was thrilled to see that the in-room pods were Joffreys and were actually BETTER than what I brought. There were 2 reg and 2 decaf, but once they saw that I was using them they gave me 3-4 and a ton of packs of stirrers/napkins/sugar.

I'm at 60 days today for my room only reservation. I have to wait two days until my package reservation is available for checking (8/31 - 9/2 and 9/2 - 9/9). Silly free dining dates.

Anyway, I remember someone saying you could request a continuation of the first reservation so you didn't (necessarily) have to change rooms if they could manage it. I just started the online check in and never saw an option for a free form request, only the option where you could pick a floor and a corner room.

Did I miss something or do I need to call and have the other information added?

You need to call 407WDISNEY and have the agent "link" the 2 reservations together, with a request to keep the same room. That information will make it to the room assignors who will do everything possible to make that happen.

HTH!

You need to call 407WDISNEY and have the agent "link" the 2 reservations together, with a request to keep the same room. That information will make it to the room assignors who will do everything possible to make that happen.

HTH!

Thank you! I don't "own" my reservation thanks to using a TA (never again) so I'll have her do it.

Don't assume that the CS restaurants won't have dairy free options, Disney is wonderful handling food allergies/intolerances and go out of their way to make sure people are accommodated. Email and they will send you a list of various locations that can handle your need for non dairy items.

Thank you! I will email as soon as she has her scope so I know what other limitations she may have! Thanks so much!

Thank you! I don't "own" my reservation thanks to using a TA (never again) so I'll have her do it.

Sorry you feel that way (I use a TA all the time but she is fantastic. I can see how an unresponsive one would drive you crazy).

After you have her do it, I would recommend sending a fax directly to the resort about 7 days before you arrive for the room only, re-iterating (just in case ;)) See page 1 for details on how to do this :) (You can definitely bypass the TA for this step :thumbsup2)

I'm certain many CS have individual servings of Soy milk. Almond milk, I didn't see, but I didn't look for it, exactly. You could have some delivered from Amazon. You can get a pack of 18/8oz for less than $20.00 and if you have anything else you want/need delivered, if you have over $30.00, you get free shipping. Just have it shipped to your attention at the resort with your conf #. People do it all the time, especially if they are low/no gluten intolerant or dairy intolerant, they will ship their dietary aids to their resort.

Agree with above poster, make sure you email her dietary requests...Disney is VERY good about assisting guests with their dietary needs.

Thank you! I will be looking into ordering from Amazon and will definitely email Disney! Any reason to use Amazon versus Garden Grocer or another delivery service?

We stopped at Goodings on our way in and got creamer ( much to my dismay this meant getting off one exit before the big welcome sign, ha!)

I hope you used the secret shortcut route when you left Goodings --- i.e. enter Disney propery via Hotel Plaza Boulevard but turn RIGHT at the end when you get to Buena Vista Drive, and then turn left and drive past Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Much quicker than going all the way through all of the DTD traffic lights queues!

Andre

I hope you used the secret shortcut route when you left Goodings --- i.e. enter Disney propery via Hotel Plaza Boulevard but turn RIGHT at the end when you get to Buena Vista Drive, and then turn left and drive past Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Much quicker than going all the way through all of the DTD traffic lights queues!

Andre

Aw man! We did go Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we listened to the darn GPS which took us through all the DTD lights (which were all red :) ). We will definitely keep that in mind next time. Thanks!!!

I know this has been asked and answered before, so I ask for your kind patience in advance.

How do you all think the wait times for buses will be like at POR during mid December? We usually stay at WL and do the boat ride, which we love, but decided to sneak in a "bonus" trip with two of our grandchildren for this December. Had a bad experience with the buses at CBR several years ago, hate to repeat that!

What do you think?

So everyone always wants the best location. That being said is there any bad locations besides parking lot views??

Am I the only one who doesn't care where our room is....as long as it is on WDW property?!? I have not made ANY special requests for our trips and none of them have been ruined. Imagine that....my kids keep wanting to go back! :thumbsup2

Am I the only one who doesn't care where our room is....as long as it is on WDW property?!? I have not made ANY special requests for our trips and none of them have been ruined. Imagine that....my kids keep wanting to go back! :thumbsup2

I booked preferred but other than that, I don't care which of the preferred buildings we are in. I don't plan on faxing any requests. I did ask for a ground floor but if I don't get it, it won't ruin my vacation.

So everyone always wants the best location. That being said is there any bad locations besides parking lot views??

Last year my wife and I were in AB buildoing 24, about as close to the west depot as you can get with a parking lot view. It was still less than a 10 minute walk to the food court, and we were about as far from the main building as you can get at POR.
We don't have kids, so we were probably walking faster than someone with littel ones, but neither one of us are candidates for marathon running.

I think I would feel that way if I went to Disney more often than once every eight years :) A bad room could make for a dismal trip, speaking of our two previous trips where half the time was spent in ER due to having smokers in or next to our non smoking room...we do not have to worry about that as much since the kids' asthma has greatly improved and hotels are stricter on smoking policies, but knowing it will likely be our one and only stay at a particular resort, it makes it more fun to make requests...

I never made requests at our two previous stays and was pixie dusted both times, to Tower at CR and to Savannah at AKL, but still ended up in ER...

jnicka said:

Depending on your type of trip, the standard view can be the best. Have a car, like the privacy of no one walking by your room, close to bus stop.

If you feel a standard view is bad for your trip needs, then by all means pay for the view you wish to have that will make your vacation what you expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter