Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early morning ADRs. Whenever we've had an 8AM ADR, we are at the bus stop between 6:30-6:45 and have never missed one yet. :thumbsup2

I may have to rethink these 8am ADRs... Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have just spent 14 days at POR and loved it, anyone booked to go is in for a real treat.
We stayed in AB building 16, which is a 5 minute walk to the south depot and the lobby and right by our own pool. The theming and landscaping of the hotel is beautiful.
The buses were mostly great, we never waited more than 10 minutes but it was ALWAYS packed for the return journey, even on rainy nights an hour before park closing when other resort stops had no one waiting, riverside was still packed! And they always seemed to do the south stop last even though 95% of guests were getting off at south. Also some of the make guests on the buses really need to look at themselves, letting mums with sleeping babies stand up while they sit down.
All in all though a great resort and we will definitely come back.

We are here now. Have had a couple issues with our room. Mentioned it to front desk no came to fix it. But then maintenance called the room at 930pm!! Will be mentioning that today. The quiet pool by our room is freezing. The girls shiver when they are in it. Kind of disappointed in the resort. But the girls are having an amazing time. Hopefully things will look up soon.

We will be staying the last week of May and have a 9:00am reservation at the Animal Kingdom park. What time should we be at the bus stop ?
I also wanted to know how long to allow for traveling to Downtown Disney for a TREX ressie at 7:00pm ? We kind of would like to take the boat. What time to leave for both boat or bus. I'm guessing the boat takes longer. I stayed there a long time ago but cannot remember :confused3

Morning All!

I have a question regarding POR and possible FREE dining...

We have stayed at POR 2x over the past 3yrs or so....always enjoyed it and rec'd Free dining in Sept 11 & Nov 12....

I am looking to lock in on the Spring savings offer they have going now. Hoping to book by tomorrow and even with the 30% PIN I have available, it seems like the Spring promo is slightly better?!

My question is this....Do you need to book a certain room type at POR to get the Free dining offer, if its offered? Why I am thinking that we couldnt have a "garden view" type room for free dining, we would need a higher-level room like a preferred room or something....does this ring any bells??

Thank you for any input/feedback....Looking forward to a May visit!! :yay:

We took the boat to DTD and it seemed to take about 20 minutes or so. I'd be sure to be at the rock about 30 minutes before though.

Morning All!

I have a question regarding POR and possible FREE dining...

We have stayed at POR 2x over the past 3yrs or so....always enjoyed it and rec'd Free dining in Sept 11 & Nov 12....

I am looking to lock in on the Spring savings offer they have going now. Hoping to book by tomorrow and even with the 30% PIN I have available, it seems like the Spring promo is slightly better?!

My question is this....Do you need to book a certain room type at POR to get the Free dining offer, if its offered? Why I am thinking that we couldnt have a "garden view" type room for free dining, we would need a higher-level room like a preferred room or something....does this ring any bells??

Thank you for any input/feedback....Looking forward to a May visit!! :yay:

I don't think free dining is available in May. I have only seen this freebee available during the fall/winter months. In fact, this will be our first trip in which we have gone and paid for the dining plan.. :( I still think its worth it, free or not..

Morning All! I have a question regarding POR and possible FREE dining... We have stayed at POR 2x over the past 3yrs or so....always enjoyed it and rec'd Free dining in Sept 11 & Nov 12.... I am looking to lock in on the Spring savings offer they have going now. Hoping to book by tomorrow and even with the 30% PIN I have available, it seems like the Spring promo is slightly better?! My question is this....Do you need to book a certain room type at POR to get the Free dining offer, if its offered? Why I am thinking that we couldnt have a "garden view" type room for free dining, we would need a higher-level room like a preferred room or something....does this ring any bells?? Thank you for any input/feedback....Looking forward to a May visit!! :yay:

No free dining has been offered for May. Usually it's fall/winter. But no, you wouldn't have to have a certain room type I don't think. Values get the QS plan free and have to pay to upgrade to the regular plan is all.

The Spring discount is 25% off the rooms at POR so a 30% pin should be better. I think they also are including 5 day tickets for the price of 4 day tickets, but that's really not a significant difference.

I had a dream last night that we were checking into POR and the CM told me we've been upgraded to AKL. I think we were being upgraded to a 2 bedroom at Kidani. I was really disappointed and didn't know what to do because I really wanted to stay at POR.

I had a dream last night that we were checking into POR and the CM told me we've been upgraded to AKL. I think we were being upgraded to a 2 bedroom at Kidani. I was really disappointed and didn't know what to do because I really wanted to stay at POR.

:rotfl2: Crazy Disney dreams!

I had one last night that I was wondering around Poly looking for Venom's necklace. I couldn't find it, but I just kept walking up to people and looking at their necklaces. It was really strange.

:rotfl2: Crazy Disney dreams!

I had one last night that I was wondering around Poly looking for Venom's necklace. I couldn't find it, but I just kept walking up to people and looking at their necklaces. It was really strange.

Wow...

I had an odd dream last night that we were taking off on our flight to Disney and I was rushing on the plane and didnt put my seat belt on. The plane took off and I flew out onto the ground unhurt standing on my feet looking at the plane thinking oh now what ! There goes DH and DGD to Disney without me ! I started thinking catch the next plane. Some of the crazy dreams we have :rotfl:

We took the boat to DTD and it seemed to take about 20 minutes or so. I'd be sure to be at the rock about 30 minutes before though.

Ok thanks so we may need to allow a little more time in order to get to the restaurant and checked in. Maybe leave an 1 hour early ?

If I wanted a preferred room, preferably pool view, would I book a preferred room and request pool view or book pool view and request a preferred building?

So glad I found this thread! I have read the first page and the last 12-15 pages but didn't see this discussed, so sorry if I'm repeating a question.

We just booked a water view RR. If we want to try to get as close to the nearest bus depot and food court, what building should we request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter