Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone stayed in Oak Manor while roof is being done....is it noisy...affect scenery? I read on PortOrleans.org it was supposed to start mid-January and last about 6 months. We are going mid-June and requested Oak Manor before realizing this...:confused3

Random question...I know they did away with the awesome bedspreads...(what do they do with them then?) But do they have a bed scarf or anything at the foot of the bed now or just the white?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good morning everyone! Just returned from our 10 days at POR! Aside from a Rocky start it was great. I don't know why I never got my room ready fax? Possibly because I have a Canadian cell # :confused3

We got back and got into our room around 3:00 after the day at MK. I have to say location was perfect, exactly what I requested but.... Room was dirty, and other occupants garbage still in it, papers, empty water bottles, hair ties, etc. I phoned and asked to be connected to POR front desk. After a few sec I received a phone call from POR. Explained situation. Was told they would send up housekeeping, I said I wanted a new room. Was tired, wanted my luggage, and didn't want to wait another hour for room clean. To their credit, they found me a new room, and it was river view. Duty manager came to see me, had gone to old room to see, and explained the housekeeper was new, and didn't understand he was supposed to do a new occupant clean, and only did an occupied room clean. Which meant the sheets weren't changed either, yuck, glad I phoned.

They were fast and efficient in getting us settled. POR was as beautiful as ever.
Saw Bob Jackson show one night. Great fun as always. Had our fav Pasta a couple of times! Yum.

Weather was a mixed bag. First 2 days were cold, 40's and rainy. Could see my breath. Warmed up nicely, then last few days back to grey skies, rain, & cooler temps.

First few days parks were empty, everything was walk on! Then when Feb started crowds seemed to increase, lots of tour groups, & cheer groups. I think next year I'll keep to my January dates. This trip I didn't arrive till 1/29. A week later then usual. Note to self.

My thoughts on FP+, was different then our August experience. I have to say, I hated the tiered system they have for Epcot and DHS. I hope they don't continue with that model.

Bus service was good, mostly used North Depot as we were in Acadian House.

Venom I looked for you a couple of times, sorry to have missed you!

Back to reality! Have to get ready for work!

Didneylova. Although we weren't in Oak, we were in Acadian, but walked by Oak freq, roof work didn't look overly intrusive, there was some noise during the day, but nothing horrible. IMHO

Random question...I know they did away with the awesome bedspreads...(what do they do with them then?) But do they have a bed scarf or anything at the foot of the bed now or just the white?

White bedspread with a bed scarf across the bottom in Magnolia.
Also a beige bed pillow resting against the 4 white pillows.
Nothing fancy but bed nicely made/welcoming.

Good morning everyone! Just returned from our 10 days at POR! Aside from a Rocky start it was great. I don't know why I never got my room ready fax? Possibly because I have a Canadian cell # :confused3

We got back and got into our room around 3:00 after the day at MK. I have to say location was perfect, exactly what I requested but.... Room was dirty, and other occupants garbage still in it, papers, empty water bottles, hair ties, etc. I phoned and asked to be connected to POR front desk. After a few sec I received a phone call from POR. Explained situation. Was told they would send up housekeeping, I said I wanted a new room. Was tired, wanted my luggage, and didn't want to wait another hour for room clean. To their credit, they found me a new room, and it was river view. Duty manager came to see me, had gone to old room to see, and explained the housekeeper was new, and didn't understand he was supposed to do a new occupant clean, and only did an occupied room clean. Which meant the sheets weren't changed either, yuck, glad I phoned.

Eww to have trash in the room and so on. Even if it was an occupied room they should have taken the trash. And yes good thing you didn't accept and sleep on "used sheets".

I found my room was "clean" but I didn't feel it was vacuumed. I kept seeing things on the carpet that was not from me.
I heard someone on the bus complaining about finding a bobbie pin and other things on her floor also that wasn't hears.

My only call to Mousekeeping was because my remote to the TV was missing.
I suggested that maybe it got lost in the bedding when they stripped the bed. I now wonder if they didn't realize I was a new occupant. eek. I won't think about that.

Thanks for posting your experience. I will definitely not be afraid to ask for a new clean room if I have a problem in the future. Especially if it's after 3pm when the room should be ready for me.

The hanging organizer and pop up hamper is a must do at Disney.

I've got a hanging organiser, but I'm really not sure for two adults we need a pop up hamper rather than just a laundry bag?

I can see with a family holiday it would make it easier for the kids to put their washing away, but there's only two of us and we're both pretty neat :)

What time do you suggest catching the bus for a pre-park opening breakfast (at MK and EP) at 8-8:15?

Just wondering if anyone stayed in Oak Manor while roof is being done....is it noisy...affect scenery? I read on PortOrleans.org it was supposed to start mid-January and last about 6 months. We are going mid-June and requested Oak Manor before realizing this...:confused3

Good luck getting an answer to this. We leave for POR Thursday and I have been asking this for a month. :confused3 I'll let you know when we get there because we are staying in Oak Manor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter