Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second question, having two stays in a short period of time, should we fax our room request for both stays at the same time but on separate faxes. I'm concerned that faxing the request for the second stay at the same time as the request for the first stay will be too far out from the second stay check-in, though.

Well you can fax them both if you like, but as you're actually going to be there in person, why not just ask to speak to someone in the room allocation team just before you check out from the first stay?

Andre

The February 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 7pm and the daily campfires commence at 5pm this month.

Andre

I can't believe our trip is finally TOMORROW!!! :cool1: That is if we make it out of Chicago! Early flights so I hope we take off before the worst of it.
Thanks to Venom and Andre for all of the wonderful information; I don't think there's a question that you haven't covered here. :thanks:

I can't believe our trip is finally TOMORROW!!! :cool1: That is if we make it out of Chicago! Early flights so I hope we take off before the worst of it.
Thanks to Venom and Andre for all of the wonderful information; I don't think there's a question that you haven't covered here. :thanks:

Glad to hear it and I hope on the behalf of myself and all the other CMs that go above and beyond, you to have a very magical visit with us!

My sister is asking if the resort will supply shampoo & soap. I assume yes, but I always bring my own! :-)

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!!!!! :banana:
Just checked in. Room isn't ready yet, but I'll get a text when it is.

Now heading to Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch!

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!!!!! :banana:
Just checked in. Room isn't ready yet, but I'll get a text when it is.

Now heading to Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch!

I still walked to the room early and found it ready when I got to it, then 4 hrs after we got into the room we all of a sudden got the text.

Thank you EpcotBill & Venom!
This thread is priceless, you all have helped immensely! Thank you, Andre, for your site! You have also been a godsend!

I just love this thread!! Each we go to WDW, we stay at a different resort. So each time, I join that resort's Forum. Hands down, this is the BEST forum. Everyone is positive and very very supportive! It's a pleasure!!!!pixiedust:

Thank you everyone!

Hello everyone
I just booked my April stay at POR. We were originally going a cruise in November/2014 but things didn't work out. Our last Disney trip was in August/2013 and we stayed at POR as well. That trip was spent with a big group of family members. I didn't like the humidity so that is why we decided to try out Spring time. This trip is just DH, DD, DS and I. We'll be staying in a Royal Room! That's what I originally wanted for August but we decided on a room with a Murphy bed instead to accommodate more people. Our trip is from 4/17-4/23. It's just 75 days away! I look forward to planning with everyone. Last time this thread was very helpful and our stay was awesome at POR. Looking forward to staying there again.

DBF and I are celebrating our two year anniversary at POR in May, and while we would have loved a king bed, we didn't think it was with an extra $125. (Rather, we spent as much as we could already) We currently have a garden view room booked (only room left for the discount, except more expensive ones hehe) and we were wondering what the most romantic rooms are, aka where should we put our request for? The mansion rooms seem a little more romantic but I'm not sure! Where would you request for your anniversary? :love:

I don't mean to be dismissive of your post, but after spending 9 days there, I think all the rooms are equally romantic! You don't really sit in your room and look outside anyway. What we found romantic celebrating our 30th was the grounds: The beautiful trees, river, landscaping. The bridges and dim nighttime lighting. It was romantic just to walk hand in hand or sit on a bench.

We got a royal room which was fun, but not necessary.

I guess I am trying to say that the room was a room. What is romantic in the room is not the room. If you know what I mean. ;)

But the resort itself makes a big difference and I thought POR was the most romantic resort. Walk, especially at night, sit on a bench, take a carriage ride, boat ride.

May you have a wonderful anniversary and may you love each other more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow - for the rest of your lives.

I just love this thread!! Each we go to WDW, we stay at a different resort. So each time, I join that resort's Forum. Hands down, this is the BEST forum. Everyone is positive and very very supportive! It's a pleasure!!!!pixiedust:

Thank you everyone!

You're very welcome, glad we can all help. For the record though, I occasionally might get a tiny little bit techy when a question was already answered within the last few posts, but so far I seem to have got away with putting it down to being British, hope my luck holds! :)

DBF and I are celebrating our two year anniversary at POR in May, and while we would have loved a king bed, we didn't think it was with an extra $125. (Rather, we spent as much as we could already) We currently have a garden view room booked (only room left for the discount, except more expensive ones hehe) and we were wondering what the most romantic rooms are, aka where should we put our request for? The mansion rooms seem a little more romantic but I'm not sure! Where would you request for your anniversary? :love:

Yes, I think the mansions would be a good choice for you, perhaps a corner room in Magnolia Terrace as close to the river as possible?

You could even mention in your fax that it's your Anniversary, and that you'd have loved to have been able to book one of the King Bed corner rooms overlooking the river but that your budget just couldn't quite stretch the extra, so somewhere in that general area would be nice... You never know, if the resort isn't too busy maybe someone might find a bit of extra pixie dust lying around?

Andre

I've not really gone into too much detail about the whole FastPass+, Magic Band, My Disney Experience, MyMagic+ area on my site - apart from some specific News Updates as things occurred - as it all seemed more of a general WDW thing rather than anything Port Orleans specific. However now that it's all become so integrated, I thought I'd better at least discuss the basics.

So I've just added www.portorleans.org/mymagicplus.php, which I hope should provide all the essential information needed by a forthcoming visitor to Port Orleans, but without going into hundreds of pages of intricate detail (which to be honest sites like the DIS probably do a lot better anyway).

I'd appreciate some feedback from the folks here as to whether I've covered everything I should, but without over-complicating it. And as I've never actually used any of it as yet, I want to make sure I've got all my facts straight too!

I really wish I could think of more positive points to make about FP+, but everything I wrote just made me realise that there are probably a lot more cons than pros at the moment (unless you are a full-on Type-A planning obsessive anyway, and even then it's tricky).

Andre

I am so excited! Originally I wanted to book a Royal Room, but I couldn't justify paying an extra $40 a night for a room I would barely be in. I booked a Standard Room instead. Now, with the latest Cheaptickets deal that is out, I was able to book a Royal Room - Garden View for the same price as my Standard Room through Disney! I am on hold now to cancel the reservation through Disney.

This will be my first trip to POR and I am very excited for it! One of my best friends just came back from there and didn't really like it that much. She said the room decor was just "ok" (she stayed in AB) and the resort was too spread out. I'm taking that with a grain of salt though because I've read such great things here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter