Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love the Pasta Bar at Rivetside!! Even when we don't stay at POR we've been known to go over for it!! Yummy.
No, bus never skips South Depot, but we have always been in the Mansion section, so use the bus depot there.

Safe travels! We are traveling Saturday too, but will be in Ft Lauderdale before wdw!

When did you get the Pin code? Today too? Or earlier? Because it's past the date for changes for us, we had to pay the $50! But still a great savings! What a bonus!!

We received the pin email on January 16. Oddly enough it was worded to tempt us into visiting again. It was from Disney Destinations. They must not check with existing reservations because we were already booked to visit again. But hey, I'm really glad they sent it. I love free dining!!!

Quick question. I found POR's street address on portorleans.org
Disneys Port Orleans Resort Riverside
1251 Riverside Drive
Lake Buena Vista
Florida 32830-1000
USA

I'm guessing we can FedEx/UPS things to this address? I just wanted to make sure. I'll be sure to include my name, check in date and reservation number.

Any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

3 days!!! It's 12 degrees here today, so even the forecast for next week of 59 degrees sounds terrific!!!!

I've been thinking about room requests (we arrive in 9 days!!) and now I'm thinking about just not putting anything in and seeing where we end up. We are hoping for connecting rooms with my parents (that's requested on our reservation anyways) so that should already be noted. Is it a horrible idea to not request anything and just see where Disney fate puts us?

We don't mind walking but we do have 2 littles with a double stroller, if that sways anyone's opinion on what to do. What's everybody think?

Thanks

I've been thinking about room requests (we arrive in 9 days!!) and now I'm thinking about just not putting anything in and seeing where we end up. We are hoping for connecting rooms with my parents (that's requested on our reservation anyways) so that should already be noted. Is it a horrible idea to not request anything and just see where Disney fate puts us?

We don't mind walking but we do have 2 littles with a double stroller, if that sways anyone's opinion on what to do. What's everybody think?

Well send one in with both your reservation numbers and info on it just asking for connecting rooms. Its not horrible either way. But if you feel guilty just ask for the connecting rooms and I hope you have a magical visit!

Been lurking here for months and months and I just had to share - our magic bands are arriving tonight and we just got an email today from our TA that our Mickey Mail is in. Best day ever!! We cannot wait for POR, only 29 more days. :)

I know this is a rather subjective question.... but how are the beds at POR? Are they comfortable? I stayed at CSR once and thought the beds were amazing, but I've never stayed at POR. I'm currently planning to stay there in September.

I was wondering this as well. I haven't been since the last refurb. Are the mattresses still pillowtops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter