Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, after all these years I finally got a pin in my email waiting for me in my inbox today after work!!
Free dining or room only discount!! I'm booked (checking in on 29th) with the Stay,Play,Dine promo, and forwarded pin to my excellent TA who within 5 min of my emailing her, got me the discount!! So by switching to Free dining pin I'm saving $279 :yay: that's after the $50 change fee, and $15 admin fee for last minute change!

What's even more impressive is I live on opposite coast then my TA who is back east, and I'm on west coast of Canada! Now that's service :thumbsup2

I'm beyond excited!! :yay::yay:

Faxed in my room requests today too!

Yes, after all these years I finally got a pin in my email waiting for me in my inbox today after work!!
Free dining or room only discount!! I'm booked (checking in on 29th) with the Stay,Play,Dine promo, and forwarded pin to my excellent TA who within 5 min of my emailing her, got me the discount!! So by switching to Free dining pin I'm saving $279 :yay: that's after the $50 change fee, and $15 admin fee for last minute change!

What's even more impressive is I live on opposite coast then my TA who is back east, and I'm on west coast of Canada! Now that's service :thumbsup2

Congrats!! That's great. How about a saving money dance?! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

I would love some feedback, our first trip is in 9 days we are staying at POR in a BA garden view room. I will have our double stroller. where should I hope to stay? ground floor, second floor? etc. etc. I'm a total rookie, first Disney trip!!

Same for us...we had the stay/play/dine...and we got the free dining pin so I switched to that. I think we have 300 coming back to us on our credit card as a credit from Disney, but they told us it would be a couple billing cycles before we saw our refund. Does that match with what they told you?

Hello!

We arrive at Riverside on Saturday. I'm trying to remember what was previously posted about bus service. We are preferred location. Did I read somewhere that if our destination of the day is MK, then we should wait at a different bus depot than South? Does the MK bus skip South, or did I just dream that up?

And Hello to Venomhatch. We used your form for our room requests fax. Or at least I think the form link was from you. Thanks!!!

And question for anyone....any suggestions on what to eat (lunch) upon arrival at the Riverside food court? Is Riverside known for anything extra good at the food court?

Cheryl

For the buses, the bus will stop at all four depots (regardless of which one they start at) unless it fills up first. All of the parks except MK typically pick up at South Depot first; MK usually starts at West Depot then loops around to South Depot. For anyone who needs to minimize the possibility of standing on the bus, it might be worth heading to the first pickup depot for the park of your choice. Otherwise, I just pick the stop I'm closest to at the time.

My absolute favorite meal at the food court is the Create Your Own Pasta option. Good variety of sauce and mix-in choices, a generous portion, and YUMMY! At dinner I also found the carving station surprisingly good.

Have a fantastic trip!

Same for us...we had the stay/play/dine...and we got the free dining pin so I switched to that. I think we have 300 coming back to us on our credit card as a credit from Disney, but they told us it would be a couple billing cycles before we saw our refund. Does that match with what they told you?

It usually does take a billing cycle for any adjustments to show up on Visa, but in my experience with wdw, it is usually on the next statement, maybe depends on where you are in your billing cycle!

Hello!

We arrive at Riverside on Saturday. I'm trying to remember what was previously posted about bus service. We are preferred location. Did I read somewhere that if our destination of the day is MK, then we should wait at a different bus depot than South? Does the MK bus skip South, or did I just dream that up?

And Hello to Venomhatch. We used your form for our room requests fax. Or at least I think the form link was from you. Thanks!!!

And question for anyone....any suggestions on what to eat (lunch) upon arrival at the Riverside food court? Is Riverside known for anything extra good at the food court?

Cheryl

Love the Pasta Bar at Rivetside!! Even when we don't stay at POR we've been known to go over for it!! Yummy.
No, bus never skips South Depot, but we have always been in the Mansion section, so use the bus depot there.

Safe travels! We are traveling Saturday too, but will be in Ft Lauderdale before wdw!

When did you get the Pin code? Today too? Or earlier? Because it's past the date for changes for us, we had to pay the $50! But still a great savings! What a bonus!!

I know this is a rather subjective question.... but how are the beds at POR? Are they comfortable? I stayed at CSR once and thought the beds were amazing, but I've never stayed at POR. I'm currently planning to stay there in September.

There is a seperate thread Venom started about Faxes. He gives you ideas about how to set up your requests. Then you can individualize it.

Yeah it is also in my signature. But yeah future guests are always welcome to ask questions there or PM me.

I would love some feedback, our first trip is in 9 days we are staying at POR in a BA garden view room. I will have our double stroller. where should I hope to stay? ground floor, second floor? etc. etc. I'm a total rookie, first Disney trip!!

I'm taking it by BA you mean AB (alligator bayou). If you are a family of 5 that's where you would be and I would request a ground floor. I always have a stroller and 3 kids so that's what I prefer. I would also ask to be placed as close as possible to the food court. Maybe request building 16. If you don't think you will be at the food court much you can request to be close to a bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter