• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a Brit, I always get a bit puzzled by the whole "Happy Holidays" thing :) but with today being the actual 25th of December, I would like to wish everyone a very genuine and sincere:

Merry-Christmas.png

And if you happen to be at Port Orleans Riverside today (as a guest or Cast Member) have an amazing time:

POR-Rec-2013-Xmas.jpg

Andre

Being a Brit, I always get a bit puzzled by the whole "Happy Holidays" thing :) but with today being the actual 25th of December, I would like to wish everyone a very genuine and sincere:

Andre

Merry Christmas to you also and all of our POR fans!

Being a Brit, I always get a bit puzzled by the whole "Happy Holidays" thing...

:) It's a saying that's inclusive of all the holidays going on at this time of year. ("holiday" in America not referring to a vacation, but to the various days where one group or another celebrates something important to them) That way you don't have to know if someone is Christian or Muslim or ancient-Celtic-religion etc...you just say HH and you've covered it all. :) It also covers the New Year. :) (though not Asian New Year, sadly, because that's too far off from December)

:) It's a saying that's inclusive of all the holidays going on at this time of year.

Erm, yes, having travelled to the States for 25 years or so I did actually know the background to the more generic use of the term "holidays", I was try to be kinda ironic...

Sorry, my Brit sense of humour I guess - in this case "a swing and a miss", as you'd say. ;)

Happy Holidays anyway!

Andre

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I am so happy it's over! But I hope everyone had a great time.

Any one know if mouse keeping at POR make beds daily? At other hotels we have stayed they do not.

Tuna Salad Recipe

There was a lady who wanted the tuna salad recipe a few pages back. I just asked the chef and she said the recipe is a bulk one, so she can't give me the amounts, but here's what's in it--celery, onions, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Hey fellow POR planners! I've got a few questions. I looked around, but didn't find a complete answer to all of them.

We're going to need to change our dates from this upcoming August to August 2015. We booked a bounceback last August for free dining with the upcoming trip. With that background - my questions are -

1. When does booking for August 2015 become available?

2. I have until 45 days out of the currently scheduled trip to make the changes, right? (I seriously won't wait that long though..just want to know my stuff.)

3. There is probably not going to be a transfer of the free dining bounceback to the 2015 reservation, correct?

4. As long as we do not change the level of resort from moderate to value, we will not incur a penalty? If we do change to a value, what would the penalty be?

5. If we somehow end up with a discount that makes our package less than the cost of the current one, will there be a penalty?

6. Our deposit can be moved from one reservation to the other, correct?

7. We may be taking a very short trip in January 2015, is there any reason it would be better to use the deposit toward that trip than the August 2015 one?

Thanks a bunch!!! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

Hey fellow POR planners! I've got a few questions. I looked around, but didn't find a complete answer to all of them.

We're going to need to change our dates from this upcoming August to August 2015. We booked a bounceback last August for free dining with the upcoming trip. With that background - my questions are -

1. When does booking for August 2015 become available?

2. I have until 45 days out of the currently scheduled trip to make the changes, right? (I seriously won't wait that long though..just want to know my stuff.)

3. There is probably not going to be a transfer of the free dining bounceback to the 2015 reservation, correct?

4. As long as we do not change the level of resort from moderate to value, we will not incur a penalty? If we do change to a value, what would the penalty be?

5. If we somehow end up with a discount that makes our package less than the cost of the current one, will there be a penalty?

6. Our deposit can be moved from one reservation to the other, correct?

7. We may be taking a very short trip in January 2015, is there any reason it would be better to use the deposit toward that trip than the August 2015 one?

Thanks a bunch!!! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

If you have a package booked there is no penalty to cancel, if you cancel before the 45 day mark. You cannot transfer your free dining to 2015 though. However, there would be no penalty to switch to a value from a moderate. Your deposit can be moved to another reservation as long as it is a package to a package. If you change it to a room only reservation then you would have to cancel and rebook.

We just got back from our first family trip about three weeks ago. We stayed off site.

Today we booked next years trip and we chose a royal room at PO!!! I am so excited! This will be our first time using their dining and everything.

We have two daughters-ages 5 and 6? Which dining plan would you recommend? What kind of activities go on in a Disney resort? The only one I have stayed in is All star music and that was with a high school group.

Anyway, for the runDisney events, anyone know which bus stop they pick up at for the races and expo? I'd heard that the bus picks up only at the main stop but I wasn't sure. I'd hate to be waiting at the East stop and never actually get picked up for the run I'm working so hard for.

Thanks!

No one knows which bus stop is used for run Disney events? I've heard most resorts only have one stop and that it may not even be a regular park bus stop. I'd really appreciate the help.

No one knows which bus stop is used for run Disney events? I've heard most resorts only have one stop and that it may not even be a regular park bus stop. I'd really appreciate the help.

For the 2013 Marathon the bus pickup for the Expo was next to the South bus stop and all of the stops for the morning of the race.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°

Merry-Christmas.png

And if you happen to be at Port Orleans Riverside today (as a guest or Cast Member) have an amazing time:

POR-Rec-2013-Xmas.jpg

Andre

Happy Christmas Andre, and thanks for all you do. Hope you're enjoying Boxing Day, I am!! Too pooped to do anything today :)

Whoo Hoo we are just minutes away from checking into Port Orleans:Riverside. If any one has any questions about what's going in currently over the next 6 days I'll be happy to answer as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter