• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Quick question. We are arriving at MCO on Saturday at 6:08am how long do you think it will take us to get in and take MDE to get to POR?? We are soooooo excited for our first trip to WDW!!!!! Thanks!

Made our dining reservations over the weekend, so we are officially under 180 days out! It is starting to feel more real!

:goodvibes9 days for us, too! Start our drive at 3 am on 11/22!!

Cool! We leave next Tuesday after my son gets out of school. We'll drive down (about 10 hours), spend the night off-site and head to POR Wednesday morning. I've been counting down for 2 years and can't believe it's so close now....still doesn't seem real.

Weird question - I've heard at some resorts that if you don't take the refridgerator, you get a $15 credit. Does anyone know if this is true for POR?

I just returned from POR last night and yes I did receive a credit. However, my husband checked us out and forgot to ask about it so I had to go back down there and ask. The CM at first said they weren't giving credits anymore but they were offering coolers instead. I told her that no one offered us a cooler when we checked in. We had stayed 6 nights. She said she would check with a manager. She wasn't rude by any means, but she did ask if it was requested because of a medical need. I told her no, but that it was an amenity that should have been included with the room. She said she would be right back. When she returned she said it was fine and gave me the credit. So it seems they are not offering a credit unless you ask for one.

My wife and I will arrive this coming Sunday for an unexpected trip. We booked tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for that night.

Quick question...and I'm sorry if this has already been answered...

We stayed at POP in October for our first trip. We saw that there were people that decorated their resort room window there and the kids thought it looked fun. Does this happen at POR also? Are the windows the same (like picture windows)? I want to start stocking up on window clings if so... ;)

Great news! I've just had confirmation that the long-awaited shipment of replacement in-room refrigerators for Port Orleans Riverside is now due to arrive at the resort later this week.

It will obviously take a little while to get more than 1,200 fridges installed into guest rooms, but they will be starting as soon as the delivery arrives and are hopeful that all rooms should be completed and have working fridges by 20 November, just in time for Thanksgiving vacationers.

(As previously posted, French Quarter was completed last month)

Andre

Quick question...and I'm sorry if this has already been answered...

We stayed at POP in October for our first trip. We saw that there were people that decorated their resort room window there and the kids thought it looked fun. Does this happen at POR also? Are the windows the same (like picture windows)? I want to start stocking up on window clings if so... ;)

yep, same thing at POR.

I actually had a bunch of LGMH's and a small stuffed Mickey and Minnie, nothing fancy at all but the little kids loved to stop and look at it. My mom's not sure if it was the same kids or different ones but she would hear them outside talking to Mickey. LOL

Great news! I've just had confirmation that the long-awaited shipment of replacement in-room refrigerators for Port Orleans Riverside is now due to arrive at the resort later this week.

It will obviously take a little while to get more than 1,200 fridges installed into guest rooms, but they will be starting as soon as the delivery arrives and are hopeful that all rooms should be completed and have working fridges by 20 November, just in time for Thanksgiving vacationers.

Andre

Thanks for the update! There will be a lot of happy vacationers ~ I know we will be :)

yep, same thing at POR.

I actually had a bunch of LGMH's and a small stuffed Mickey and Minnie, nothing fancy at all but the little kids loved to stop and look at it. My mom's not sure if it was the same kids or different ones but she would hear them outside talking to Mickey. LOL

Does anyone have the measurement of the window? I have my window decorations from POP last year and am wondering if the windows at POR are similar in size.

Great news! I've just had confirmation that the long-awaited shipment of replacement in-room refrigerators for Port Orleans Riverside is now due to arrive at the resort later this week. It will obviously take a little while to get more than 1,200 fridges installed into guest rooms, but they will be starting as soon as the delivery arrives and are hopeful that all rooms should be completed and have working fridges by 20 November, just in time for Thanksgiving vacationers. (As previously posted, French Quarter was completed last month) Andre

HOORAY!!

That's a huge load off of my "but what if" planning list!!

Thank you for sharing. :-)

I'm booked for step next year with free dining in a royal room garden view and was wondering if the corner rooms have 2windows in them too.

Andre
http://www.portorleans.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1312#p5207

That is great news! We arrive November 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter