Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is to Andre, We need to PIN this to the first page of the FAQs about the coffee and where guests can get their own pods from.

Agreed. I just checked the site, does it look like anything in the 'Pods' section should work?

Andre

Booked our trip to POR next August for our 10 yr anniversary! We will have our son 4yrs and my MIL... We are staying in a royal room! What is the feed back on them?!

Apple fritter coffee?!?! Is that all the enjoyment without the calories? Hahahaha! I'm glad I could ask the "good" questions! The closer this trip gets, it seems like the more I have!

Just got back from a wonderful 8 night 9 day trip to WDW. Stayed in a RR at POR. Had a great trip except one minor issue. Two pairs of my husbands shorts went missing from our room. We know we packed them because he wore them (pictures to prove I'm not crazy LOL). I did laundry brought them back to the room ironed and put them away (in a hanging cubby in the closet). Two days later hubby went to get one of the shorts and they were MIA:-( I went to the front desk to see if maybe housekeeping had seen them or accidentally taken them with the towels. No one has seen them. Has anyone else had anything like this happen before. My travel agent said that she has heard of a bunch of thefts at POR lately:-( mostly clothing related.

Just got back from a wonderful 8 night 9 day trip to WDW. Stayed in a RR at POR. Had a great trip except one minor issue. Two pairs of my husbands shorts went missing from our room. We know we packed them because he wore them (pictures to prove I'm not crazy LOL). I did laundry brought them back to the room ironed and put them away (in a hanging cubby in the closet). Two days later hubby went to get one of the shorts and they were MIA:-( I went to the front desk to see if maybe housekeeping had seen them or accidentally taken them with the towels. No one has seen them. Has anyone else had anything like this happen before. My travel agent said that she has heard of a bunch of thefts at POR lately:-( mostly clothing related.

Oh no! That is terrible! This is the first I've heard of that. We arrive in 38 days :(

I buy them ahead of time from coffeerocket.com. I don't care for the cuisinart ones that they give you in the rooms so I buy the Donut Shop Classics - they have them in a variety of flavors and the price isn't terrible.

Which reminds me...I need to place my order soon since we will be at POR in 26 days!!!

It's not the Cuisinart brand anymore. Joefferys as of 10/28. My mom said it was good. We asked for and received extra regular coffee pods. ( I drink ice coffee so I did not try the Disney coffee)

Disney took a lost/missing item report. Now fingers crossed and waiting for them to turn up.

Shorts that's definitely a first I have heard. I am sorry to hear that. Hope they turn up!

Yes I hope so also. They were both brand new.

Venomhatch so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I do really hope they turn up and hope I don't have to launch my own investigation, lol.

I've been reading about the refillable mugs having RFID chips in them and you only getting four refills in an hour, but also heard that some were having problems with them. Anyone else hear anything?

I've been reading about the refillable mugs having RFID chips in them and you only getting four refills in an hour, but also heard that some were having problems with them. Anyone else hear anything?

The four refills in an hour is on the paper cups, not the mugs.

Question 1 -

Is it too late to fax in a room request? We check in Sat, 11/9/13.

Only staying one night before moving to BLT. I totally forgot to put in a request for first floor.

Have not checked in online yet so don't know if that makes a difference in the timing of the room request.

Question 2 -

We reserved a Royal Room pool view.

We really wanted River view, but that category was not available.

Can we ask at check-in if a River View would be available and pay the difference then? I *think* River View was $20-30 more for the night.

Question 1 -

Is it too late to fax in a room request? We check in Sat, 11/9/13.

Only staying one night before moving to BLT. I totally forgot to put in a request for first floor.

Have not checked in online yet so don't know if that makes a difference in the timing of the room request.

Question 2 -

We reserved a Royal Room pool view.

We really wanted River view, but that category was not available.

Can we ask at check-in if a River View would be available and pay the difference then? I *think* River View was $20-30 more for the night.

For your circumstance. I would just ask at time of check in. They most likely can accommodate your first floor request. But please do ask about the possibility of a river view room via a little extra magic. Sometime it can happen.

Booked our trip to POR next August for our 10 yr anniversary! We will have our son 4yrs and my MIL... We are staying in a royal room! What is the feed back on them?!��

We stayed in one in September and enjoyed it. The room is ornate but tastefull. Basically all the same set up as other rooms just that all features include flurishes, borders, and extra fancy trim. There are beautiful pictures of the princesses, silouettes of the princes and a large holographic picture of Tiana. The headboards are huge ornate dark wood with a beautiful bayou image that, when you push the button on the side, has fireworks in the sky! All-in-all a nice touch. The rooms are very royal, but not too girly, so boys will enjoy it too.

They don't have the blue and gold bed covers anymore, there are now white bedding with a cover of some type. There are some pictures earlier in this thread and I think at the beginning of the thread.

We were there in early October and had a few technical issues a time or two during our ten days, but nothing huge. You must fully set the cup on the plastic tray, then push the button to dispense the drink of choice. Sometimes it was obvious the drink was "out" or it would taste odd so we wanted to dump it out and choose another flavor. Sadly, you have to wait a little over two minutes before you can fill it again so sometimes we were standing at the fountain for a while simply trying to fill our cup. Also, since you don't know how much time has passed (unless you have a watch) you have to push the button several times to see if your two minutes is up to refill your cup. If it's a day when you are especially parched and want to refill your cup quickly, it won't work well for you. All in all though, it wasn't too bad and we didn't have too many issues. Several nights when we went to fill up our cups, the sensors weren't turned on so we were able to refill the cup whenever we wanted.

Now if they would only add a few more drink stations it would be a good system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter