Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Just wondering if anyone children have done the Pirate Adventure, how was it? Also how far ahead did you book? Thanks!

Have a great vacation!!! If you have a chance let us know how Magical Express went. How long before receiving luggage? We are using ME for first time this Feb. trip. Also it will be our first time at POR!!!
We arrived on Thursday, and it took 2 hours and 45 minutes to get our luggage :)

Okay, I read that you can get hair braiding at the marina but I've been told that its wraps. My sister just wants regular braiding. She is going to be an Indian & I can not braid. Does anyone know if they would do just regular braiding or somewhere that would?

This is what she wants.
1376613_10151905067567566_1795587603_n.jpg

We will be making our first trip to Disney in Nov and staying at POR. My DS6 is still a bedwetter. He wears pullups at night, but sometimes still gets the bed wet. How do we handle wet sheets at the resort? :blush:

Okay, I read that you can get hair braiding at the marina but I've been told that its wraps. My sister just wants regular braiding. She is going to be an Indian & I can not braid. Does anyone know if they would do just regular braiding or somewhere that would?

This is what she wants.
1376613_10151905067567566_1795587603_n.jpg

It's just wraps, no braiding.

We will be making our first trip to Disney in Nov and staying at POR. My DS6 is still a bedwetter. He wears pullups at night, but sometimes still gets the bed wet. How do we handle wet sheets at the resort? :blush:

I would invest in buying a queen water proof sheet from Walmart, they are like $11.99 - $19.99 and do an awesome job and protecting the bed. What we had to do is once we got there. Stripped the bed, put it on there like a fitted sheet, re-made the bed. If it happened then remove all of the sheets and wipe the protector sheet down with some Clorox wipes, trash them and put the sheets from the bed in the bathtub. Tip nice but no too much and mousekeeping will take care of you. Leave a note on the bed that you have a protector on the bed and for them to leave it on there. The last day we removed it and threw it in the trash. If you have more questions Private Message me and I will see if I can help you further.

I would invest in buying a queen water proof sheet from Walmart, they are like $11.99 - $19.99 and do an awesome job and protecting the bed. What we had to do is once we got there. Stripped the bed, put it on there like a fitted sheet, re-made the bed. If it happened then remove all of the sheets and wipe the protector sheet down with some Clorox wipes, trash them and put the sheets from the bed in the bathtub. Tip nice but no too much and mousekeeping will take care of you. Leave a note on the bed that you have a protector on the bed and for them to leave it on there. The last day we removed it and threw it in the trash. If you have more questions Private Message me and I will see if I can help you further.

thanks! I never thought of that. I did see some stick on bed mats in the store, but they won't protect a queen size bed. I think they might work on the murphy bed. But the 3 kids are already fighting over who gets to sleep there, so it will probably be someone different every night.

So, I'm pulling the trigger today and moving our reservations from CSR to POR. We want a RR (okay, I want). I'm so conflicted, though. We want to minimize our walk to the main buildings, but I'm afraid a pool view will be noisy, so am leaning toward river view. We also drive to the parks instead of the bus...I want it alll!!!! (whine, whine) So, at this point, I think we'll book RR, river view, and then send in a fax 5 days out requesting a room conveniently located to the main buildings. Does this make the most sense?

Thanks.

Good idea about the bed protector - another idea is to get those good night pads. They're big and they stick to the sheets. If one gets wet just chunk it and use another. They come in packs of 9 and sold near the pullups. We have a bedwetter too. Totally feel ya! ;).

another question. sorry! Not only is this our first trip to Disney, but we haven't stayed anywhere other than with family since our kids were born- almost 10 years ago. So we are kind of out of the hotel loop. Who do we tip and how much? We are a family of 5- boys are 9, 8 and 6. Most of the time we will be with my in-laws also. We have requested connecting rooms. We have the dining plan, and I know we tip at TS places. How about CS? Thanks.

another question. sorry! Not only is this our first trip to Disney, but we haven't stayed anywhere other than with family since our kids were born- almost 10 years ago. So we are kind of out of the hotel loop. Who do we tip and how much? We are a family of 5- boys are 9, 8 and 6. Most of the time we will be with my in-laws also. We have requested connecting rooms. We have the dining plan, and I know we tip at TS places. How about CS? Thanks.

If you want a really magical experience especially with the chance of occasional leaks. I just left the tip for mouse keeping, aka housekeeping. They will usually make use of any stuffed animals and even get creative placing towel animals in the room also.

Okay, I KNOW I am just missing it (lack of sleep with an infant LOL!)

Where may I find the fax form that *Venomhatch* :) was kind enough to make for us?:)

So, I'm pulling the trigger today and moving our reservations from CSR to POR. We want a RR (okay, I want). I'm so conflicted, though. We want to minimize our walk to the main buildings, but I'm afraid a pool view will be noisy, so am leaning toward river view. We also drive to the parks instead of the bus...I want it alll!!!! (whine, whine) So, at this point, I think we'll book RR, river view, and then send in a fax 5 days out requesting a room conveniently located to the main buildings. Does this make the most sense?

Thanks.

This is what I did as well. Booked RR river view and I'll fax when we're a week out asking for Oak Manor, close to the bridge. I was going to ask for a corner room but I don't want to ask for too much or I figure I'll get nothing lol.

This is what I did as well. Booked RR river view and I'll fax when we're a week out asking for Oak Manor, close to the bridge. I was going to ask for a corner room but I don't want to ask for too much or I figure I'll get nothing lol.

In looking at the map, it doesn't look as though there are many RR river view in Oak Manor. Maybe I was looking at things wrong. I'm okay with Paterre, too, as long as I'm not way down at the far end.

We stayed at CSR this year and the room was sooo quiet. I would like to have that same "quietness".

In looking at the map, it doesn't look as though there are many RR river view in Oak Manor. Maybe I was looking at things wrong. I'm okay with Paterre, too, as long as I'm not way down at the far end.

We stayed at CSR this year and the room was sooo quiet. I would like to have that same "quietness".

It does look like there are more river view rooms at Parterre. Like you, I don't want to be all the way down at the far end if I'm in that building. Not only because it's further from the bridge but there's also a road near that end of the building. It's part of POR, but I don't want a room near any traffic noise. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter