Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Run Long said:
We're planning on staying at POR next year. We stayed at POFQ last year and loved the atmosphere. The evening walks were wonderful. My daughter really wants to stay in the Mansions section (not the Royal Room) - guess she's too old for that. Anyway, I know room requests are just that, requests. Is there a particular room category (other the Royal Room) that I can book which would give me a better chance of staying the the Mansion section?

You can request mansions and not one of the particular buildings. You are not a party of 5, so you have even a better chance.

If you look at Andre's map, there are a great deal of garden view rooms in the mansions.

You can also reiterate at check-in, you do not mind waiting for a room in the mansions.

Just filled out my fax request for Alligator Bayou, second floor (we have river view booked). Sending it tomorrow. I had DD try on her summer clothes and pick her outfits - finally starting to pack. Woo Hoo!!!!!
:hyper:

No, there's no foot path and Disney definitely do not encourage pedestrians walking/running on the side of the roadways. The path within POR/POFQ is about 1.7 miles and especially early in the morning is pretty quiet and perfect for runners (although to get an 8 mile run you'd need to go round a few times).

Andre

Bummer my hubby was hoping to do the same thing. I don't see the fun in doing the path 8 times fun at all.

I ate at Ragland Road and I really liked it. They have some battered sausages that are fantastic!
Sausage and batter, two words that sound great together. The only other thing you could add to the list would be bacon!

Our plane lands at 4:30pm this Saturday, and we have a dinner ADR at Raglan Road at 7:30. Is that enough time? We are using ME, and then it will be either boat or bus to DTD. I would prefer boat for the ambiance, but I worry it will take more time than the buses. Also, the weather report shows thunderstorms, so is it possible the boats won't be running?

Our plane lands at 4:30pm this Saturday, and we have a dinner ADR at Raglan Road at 7:30. Is that enough time? We are using ME, and then it will be either boat or bus to DTD. I would prefer boat for the ambiance, but I worry it will take more time than the buses. Also, the weather report shows thunderstorms, so is it possible the boats won't be running?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the boats...I am assuming they stop running with lightning. I will be there Wednesday-Saturday and am praying the thunderstorms stay away!!

sophie832 said:
Our plane lands at 4:30pm this Saturday, and we have a dinner ADR at Raglan Road at 7:30. Is that enough time? We are using ME, and then it will be either boat or bus to DTD. I would prefer boat for the ambiance, but I worry it will take more time than the buses. Also, the weather report shows thunderstorms, so is it possible the boats won't be running?

You should just make it for sure. Figure arriving at your resort 70 to 90 minutes after deboarding, so it gives you another hour or so to get there after checking in. Love, love, love RR. Catch the dancers and musicians in the bar area.

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM said:
Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend...which is your favorite and why???

Mansions. I am a southern girl and love the section of mansions.

Loved Oak Manor until the RR's opened, but now I love Acadian House. The gardens, location of bus stop and quiet pool, and walk to the main building are beautiful.

We are a family of 4, but I have one young DS who will not take well to sharing a bed with anyone. If we request a room in AB will we get it? I'd really love to make use of the murphy bed.

Requests (especially faxed ones just before you arrive) do tend to work fairly well at POR. But as has been said, you could also book Preferred Location which would guarantee you an AB room if you are worried.

Bummer my hubby was hoping to do the same thing. I don't see the fun in doing the path 8 times fun at all.

Some people might question the whole concept of associating the word "fun" with running 8 miles while on vacation at WDW in the first place... :)

Our plane lands at 4:30pm this Saturday, and we have a dinner ADR at Raglan Road at 7:30. Is that enough time?

You should be fine. If the boats aren't running due to weather issues, just catch a bus.

Andre

Has anyone eaten breakfast (specifically the waffles!) at the Riverside Mill Food Court? My daughter REALLY wants to have Mickey waffles one morning, but because I booked this trip fairly last-minute, I haven't been able to get a good character breakfast booked and thought the POR ones might suffice!

I'm going to keep trying to get a morning reservation at the Crystal Palace, but it's not looking good ;)

Thanks

Has anyone eaten breakfast (specifically the waffles!) at the Riverside Mill Food Court? My daughter REALLY wants to have Mickey waffles one morning, but because I booked this trip fairly last-minute, I haven't been able to get a good character breakfast booked and thought the POR ones might suffice!

I'm going to keep trying to get a morning reservation at the Crystal Palace, but it's not looking good ;)

Thanks

Yes, they have Mickey waffles! They have a great selection for breakfast. It actually is the best food court in my opinion.

I have a garden view booked and am planning on requesting Bldg. 85. Does it really make much difference which floor as far as noise level? This is our first stay at POR and I cannot wait!!!!

Dixiemom said:
I have a garden view booked and am planning on requesting Bldg. 85. Does it really make much difference which floor as far as noise level? This is our first stay at POR and I cannot wait!!!!

No. Each floor has its own rewards. Third floor is quiet, second floor has a wonderful view and first floor is great to just walk right out to the amentities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter