Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a road that goes around the resort, is it feasible to run on it? Or is the road really narrow and busy?

No, there's no foot path and Disney definitely do not encourage pedestrians walking/running on the side of the roadways. The path within POR/POFQ is about 1.7 miles and especially early in the morning is pretty quiet and perfect for runners (although to get an 8 mile run you'd need to go round a few times).

Andre

No, there's no foot path and Disney definitely do not encourage pedestrians walking/running on the side of the roadways. The path within POR/POFQ is about 1.7 miles and especially early in the morning is pretty quiet and perfect for runners (although to get an 8 mile run you'd need to go round a few times).

Andre

bummer...oh well, guess I'll have to do my runs early!

What is Mickey Mail? only the best thing you can EVER get in your mail box...
well, not really, but it does cause excitement :)

It's your resort/DME package that contains your magical express tags and resort vouchers. It has a big picture of Mickey on it :)

How exciting. About how long before your trip do you receive it?

How exciting. About how long before your trip do you receive it?

I got mine 34 days from my trip.. it varies.. but I've been seeing a lot of people getting it about a month out. A CM told me that if you don't get it by 14 days before you leave, to call them and they can express it to you.

And make sure you check it closely. Mine didn't have my flight information in it and I know I gave it to them and checked twice to make sure it was there. I called the number in the packet and, sure enough, it wasn't listed in their computers.

Less than 24 hours until we leave for our first Disney trip! I can't wait to get there and see all the beautiful things you guys have talked about! Thanks for all the help, hopefully we will get our room request but if not that's ok too bc I know we will still have a magical time! :)

Has anyone ever done the fishing at POR? We did it at FW last trip and there were no fish, which kind of made it a little boring. Anyone have good luck at POR?

Thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread! Great info! Be there next Fri night sitting by the pool for some much needed R and R.

How are the queen beds at POR? Specifically the ones in the royal rooms? Considering PoR for our first kid free trip, and the obvious choice would be a king bed...but I'm a kid at heart and I'm seriously in love with the royal rooms!! Wish they had them with kings! :/

How are the queen beds at POR? Specifically the ones in the royal rooms? Considering PoR for our first kid free trip, and the obvious choice would be a king bed...but I'm a kid at heart and I'm seriously in love with the royal rooms!! Wish they had them with kings! :/

The beds were decent but the pillows were awful. I learned after the fact that we could have requested feather ones. Do that!

The beds were decent but the pillows were awful. I learned after the fact that we could have requested feather ones. Do that!

Thanks, I was worried because I read some reviews where people said the beds were terrible and the pillows were flat! I wondered if that was true, and if so.were the king beds in AB any better or different. I'm just trying to find anything to make my choice easier! lol

I believe the boats to DTD starts at 11:00 AM, correct? What about the buses...what time do they start running to DTD?

Only 4 more days!! :cool1:

Hi there! What a neat thread. Im sure this is a question that has been asked before, but I am having a hard time sorting through 100+ pages lol.

I've been to Disney eight times, but this will be my first time at POR. When I called to book my reservation, they asked me if I had an area I would like to be in (I realize these are just requests, not guarantee's). Can you guys help me out a little bit?

I am not booking a preferred room, I realize this may be a bit more walking but that's ok. I will have a two year old and a five year old, so quieter might be nicer, but I'd also like to not be facing the quiet trash can collection site (which happened last time i requested quiet haha). I'll be on my honeymoon :lovestruc, with kids haha, so sitting outside the door and quietly chatting at night while the kids sleep would be nice (right outside the door and quietly so as to not disturb other guests). Does anyone have any good location suggestions for me? Thanks so much for your help!!

I lost my husband right after my son was born, and so this trip really will be the beginning of a new life for all of us. I used to go every year with my former husband, so this time around we are staying in a new place and hoping to create new family memories :)

Has anyone ever done the fishing at POR? We did it at FW last trip and there were no fish, which kind of made it a little boring. Anyone have good luck at POR?

The first time we went to POR ( then Dixie Landings) I did the fishing. I did catch one. If it was 2 inches long I would be surprised. Smallest fish i ever caught! We didn't have our daughter then, so I might give it a shot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter