Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have been gone for a while everyone. Still dealing with the move. But I am trying to get back to the PMs as soon as I can.

Thx

Remember that only applies when the South stop is the first stop at POR. If the bus has already gone round the West, North and East depots before picking up at South (e.g. most MK buses) then there could be a number of people already on the bus when it arrives at the South Depot.

Andre

So, do you think I would be better off to walk to the West Depot to catch the bus to MK? I'll be in preferred. I really want to sit for the ride.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Could someone tell me which is a better pick for a room, Preferred or Royal? I know a lot of people like Preferred, and so I'm wondering what the draw is there? If there is no discount in Dec for BC, we are switching to POR and I'm trying to decide which room choice would be good. We are a family of 4, DS(11) and DD(8)!! Thanks for any help!!

Could someone tell me which is a better pick for a room, Preferred or Royal? I know a lot of people like Preferred, and so I'm wondering what the draw is there? If there is no discount in Dec for BC, we are switching to POR and I'm trying to decide which room choice would be good. We are a family of 4, DS(11) and DD(8)!! Thanks for any help!!

We stayed in a royal garden room and my DD's fell in love with the decor and fireworks behind the beds! They are both under 5 so it's the little things that matter lol! We drive and don't use the bus service at all and if we wanna head over to the main area we can walk or hop in the car so preferred doesn't really matter to us because location isn't a big deal:) the royal rooms are only in two of the mansions....we stayed in oak manor and it was great! They even did the movies right outside on the lawn which we liked. :)

So, do you think I would be better off to walk to the West Depot to catch the bus to MK? I'll be in preferred. I really want to sit for the ride.

From Preferred buildings, South is much closer to walk to, it's a bit of a trek round to West. But try it and see what you think (and as I said, it varies anyway depending on which Depot the bus happens to stop at first).

Andre

@mahicalmoments preferred are closer to main building the royals have a theme. I fell in love with the theme when I saw it online. It's what I think a room at a Disney hotel should look like. I then showed it to my dd that is 9 and she like it too ;) my husband also loves it so it was what sold us on getting the room at POR

As far as the movies go where exactly we're they located? I just don't want to be next to to much commotion because of the baby but I know we'll probably be going with dd to see them.

By the way love this tread.

@mahicalmoments preferred are closer to main building the royals have a theme. I fell in love with the theme when I saw it online. It's what I think a room at a Disney hotel should look like. I then showed it to my dd that is 9 and she like it too ;) my husband also loves it so it was what sold us on getting the room at POR

As far as the movies go where exactly we're they located? I just don't want to be next to to much commotion because of the baby but I know we'll probably be going with dd to see them.

By the way love this tread.

We were in oak manor. Our room faced the courtyard where they showed them which was right next to the fountain! Will have to look up our room number!

Sorry I have been gone for a while everyone. Still dealing with the move. But I am trying to get back to the PMs as soon as I can.

Thx

Welcome back, I was getting worried too.
I sure hope you moved closer to DIsney, the drive to/from Maitland must be a killer!

There is a road that goes around the resort, is it feasible to run on it? Or is the road really narrow and busy?

hey I wonder a similar thing, I was planning on trying it regardless, as the innner park "routes" are too short. I like to run 6-8 miles, and I don't want to have to cut back on myself several times or have to avoid people walking the paths.

May 5 - 17th.... running on the road ? :)
:banana:

What is mickey mail?

What is Mickey Mail? only the best thing you can EVER get in your mail box...
well, not really, but it does cause excitement :)

It's your resort/DME package that contains your magical express tags and resort vouchers. It has a big picture of Mickey on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter