Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't make any room-related requests when I booked, and would like to check-in online so that I can do that before I send the fax next week. BUT...I have no idea where/how to do the online check-in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

From reading this board, I think my room request will look like this: a room in the northern wing of Parterre, on the second floor away from the stairs. Am I right in imagining that the stairs have more traffic/noise issues than the elevator?

Sounds like a good request. The stairs aren't too bad unless you are directly in front of them, and then on upper floors you get a fair few people walking directly 'towards' your room as they walk up the stairs. The worst noise would be from occasional suitcases on wheels or luggage trolleys banging up and down them though. We had a River View room just next to the stairs in Oak Manor and it wasn't a problem though.

I would strongly suggest making sure your request is in your original booking if you can (just call them to get it added). That's the 'official' way to do it, so if the fax thing goes wrong for any reason they've still got the info anyway. You do online checking via the Disney website, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ and using My Reservations or My Disney Experience to view your booking info. Which version of the website you use will depend on what country you are connecting from.

We have a 9 yr old daughter and a baby that will be 23 months during our stay. Any suggestions?

I'd definitely take them with you, they'll have a great time. :) :)

(I think your other questions have already been answered)

Thanks for the info. I booked Tusker house for breakfast the morning after we arrive. It's pretty early. Will the buses work at that time?

Buses commence around 6:30am, but the full park service doesn't start until about an hour before park opening time. There are earlier buses to service character meals though. Let the driver know where you are going as they can sometimes vary the route to help out if there are only a few passengers on board.

Andre

When you turn in the voucher for an arcade card, can you only use it at the arcade in POR, or can you use it at other resorts and the arcade in MK? We have an ADR at Kouzzina our last night, and I'm sure the kids would love to play in the Boardwalk arcades. Also, if we could use them outside the resort, we'd probably buy a second card so they don't have to share. Thanks!

10 days until we arrive!!!! :cool1::dance3::woohoo:

Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.

When we were there in September it didn't seem to matter which one we sat at waiting. They were always hit or miss. The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up. If the bus is full, usually there are nice men who will give seats up for ladies or children.

so..wal mart delivery of groceries...anyone know anything about this?

I had them ship water and other small goods to the resort last year. I ordered about three weeks out, they shipped very quickly. They sat at the resort for about a week and a half, but it was fine. I had to call bell services or something of the sort when we were in our room, and after pulling teeth it was delivered. It was a problem on POR's end for me....but that was just when I was attempting to get it to the room.

The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up.

Remember that only applies when the South stop is the first stop at POR. If the bus has already gone round the West, North and East depots before picking up at South (e.g. most MK buses) then there could be a number of people already on the bus when it arrives at the South Depot.

Andre

I had them ship water and other small goods to the resort last year. I ordered about three weeks out, they shipped very quickly. They sat at the resort for about a week and a half, but it was fine. I had to call bell services or something of the sort when we were in our room, and after pulling teeth it was delivered. It was a problem on POR's end for me....but that was just when I was attempting to get it to the room.

So its not a grocery delivery service where I can order online and have them deliver it same day then? Is there any other service like that?

Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.

I would use the South depot. It is the main stop, just outside of Fulton's gift shop. I always use this stop, I believe it is the first one.

If your mother is in a wheelchair the bus driver will load her first so you will be first on. But I should add if the bus already has people on it, it's possible that you may have to stand. Chivalry isn't dead though, I did see many a gentleman or teenager give up their seat for mommas with small children.

When we were there in September it didn't seem to matter which one we sat at waiting. They were always hit or miss. The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up. If the bus is full, usually there are nice men who will give seats up for ladies or children.

Thank you both. We'll try to be at the main stop. That's good information. Hoping our week will be a slow one. Extra bus stops has me thinking I should have done FQ, but we wanted to try the royal guest room. I think we'll be able to manage.

So its not a grocery delivery service where I can order online and have them deliver it same day then? Is there any other service like that?

We used Garden Grocer in October. They're not the cheapest (though I don't know that there's a good option in that respect), but we got everything we needed, and they delivered it to POR the day we arrived. They actually called me to tell me it was at bell services within about 10 minutes of the 2 hour window they gave me starting! There was a mistake with our order, but they came and fixed it right away. It's an option you might want to look at!

@ Andre: yes we will definitely be bringing the kids. What I meant was suggestions as to things to to at POR, lol

Yesterday I booked at Akershus at Epcot and also kept Tusker house. We planned on going to chef mickey but once we saw we could see him at Tusker we added the Princesses. Has anyone eaten at Akershus?

From the previous posts I see that there are different bus stops at POR. The south one is the best option?

Thanks again

@ Andre: yes we will definitely be bringing the kids. What I meant was suggestions as to things to to at POR, lol

Yesterday I booked at Akershus at Epcot and also kept Tusker house. We planned on going to chef mickey but once we saw we could see him at Tusker we added the Princesses. Has anyone eaten at Akershus?

From the previous posts I see that there are different bus stops at POR. The south one is the best option?

Thanks again

Akershus is great! Pork is best on the menu!!!

Akershus is great! Pork is best on the menu!!!

We normally get the chicken.. But I'll try the pork next time!

The princess dinning is not to be missed..
We like it better the CRT!
Ask to sit next to the fireplace.. It has some extra room and makes for great pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter