Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - I have a random question about an upcoming trip. I've booked the 'Magic your Way' program which includes free disney quest admission, free mini golf, that kinda stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows when we get those passes/discounts? Is it when we check in at POR?

thanks!

That will come about 2-3 weeks before your vacation date. It's what we all happily refer to as "Mickey Mail". You'll get vouchers for quest, golf, etc as well as some luggage tags.

Hi all - I have a random question about an upcoming trip. I've booked the 'Magic your Way' program which includes free disney quest admission, free mini golf, that kinda stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows when we get those passes/discounts? Is it when we check in at POR?

thanks!

I received mine in the mail 30 days before check in, but have seen others get mail between 12-40 days out. You will get luggage tags and a coupon book.

thanks!

Also, not sure how many of you there are but for mini golf and Disney Quest you only get two tickets....we are a family of five, so not much of a "bonus"

Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.

Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.

There are 4 stops not 3.

Just thought I'd share our experience this week at POR. we are a family of four here with my parents. When we booked, my parents had made a reservation for a garden view king bed room. We reserved a royal room. At 7 days out I faxed in a request for us to at least be in buildings that were next to each other, ie Oak and Magnolia (I think!). I didnt want my parents out in the AB section and us in the mansion area. When we arrived and went to the online check in area, they had upgraded my parents to a connecting Royal Room with us! And they gave us both Garden view rooms! I am so impressed with the service here! So if anyone is debating whether to fax In a request, I say go for it! We are here during a very busy time, spring break, and they were able to accmodate us and go above and beyond! And if anyone is wondering about the royal rooms, they really are so fun and pretty. Not sure we'd pay the extra again but I think it's for sure worth it at least once!

Just wanted to share our good experience! Thanks Venom and Andre for all your info you provide!

Did the Royal Room they upgraded your parents to have a king bed?

If your mother is in a wheelchair the bus driver will load her first so you will be first on. But I should add if the bus already has people on it, it's possible that you may have to stand. Chivalry isn't dead though, I did see many a gentleman or teenager give up their seat for mommas with small children.

That will come about 2-3 weeks before your vacation date. It's what we all happily refer to as "Mickey Mail". You'll get vouchers for quest, golf, etc as well as some luggage tags.

Thanks. We're having some issues getting the Mickey Mail (booked through TA and she's not being so helpful trying to figure it out). I'm still 3 weeks out though, so it could be still coming.

Also, not sure how many of you there are but for mini golf and Disney Quest you only get two tickets....we are a family of five, so not much of a "bonus"

This time there is only the two of us, so it works! Thanks for the heads up though. I assumed you got one for each person. We probably wouldn't be spending that much money on Disney Quest if we had to pay.

thanks!

Just got ours and we are 31 days out !!!

Thanks for the welcome yesterday!

I didn't make any room-related requests when I booked, and would like to check-in online so that I can do that before I send the fax next week. BUT...I have no idea where/how to do the online check-in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

From reading this board, I think my room request will look like this: a room in the northern wing of Parterre, on the second floor away from the stairs. Am I right in imagining that the stairs have more traffic/noise issues than the elevator?

Thanks again!

I have another question...reading through this thread has my head spinning.

We have an 8am departure from the airport, which means that the magic express would pick us up at 5am?? Does it run that early, or will I need to arrange alternate transportation?

I want to give a HUGE thank-you to those of you who keep this thread going, it's SO helpful!

Hi everyone
We just booked our trip to POR for 8/1 to 8/8, 2013. We'll be staying at the Royal Rooms. I loved the theme once I saw them. I had originally booked at Pop Century this but changed my mind. I like the fact that this resort has bigger size rooms and beds and decor.
We have a 9 yr old daughter and a baby that will be 23 months during our stay. Any suggestions?
We have the quick service meal plan but would like to book a character meal. Any suggestions as to which character meal is best? Where can I look for info on that? Thanks again.

Hi everyone
We just booked our trip to POR for 8/1 to 8/8, 2013. We'll be staying at the Royal Rooms. I loved the theme once I saw them. I had originally booked at Pop Century this but changed my mind. I like the fact that this resort has bigger size rooms and beds and decor.
We have a 9 yr old daughter and a baby that will be 23 months during our stay. Any suggestions?
We have the quick service meal plan but would like to book a character meal. Any suggestions as to which character meal is best? Where can I look for info on that? Thanks again.

My favorite website for meal planning is http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm. You can see the character meals there as well. My DS(9), DD(5), and DS(2) love Tusker House at Animal Kingdom and Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. We usually do breakfast because it is usually cheaper. You can book late morning and make it work for brunch. Another option is to book Tusker House or Crystal Palace as early as you can. Then you get in the park early! Having Main Street to yourself is very awesome!

Happy planning!

I have another question...reading through this thread has my head spinning.

We have an 8am departure from the airport, which means that the magic express would pick us up at 5am?? Does it run that early, or will I need to arrange alternate transportation?

I want to give a HUGE thank-you to those of you who keep this thread going, it's SO helpful!

Magical Express runs 24/7. Unfortunately though, you won't be able to take advantage of Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) because that doesn't start until 5:00 am.

Thanks for the info. I booked Tusker house for breakfast the morning after we arrive. It's pretty early. Will the buses work at that time?
I was looking at some character dining at MK and I loved the Cinderella one. The thing is we have to pay up front $150, ouch. I might have to wait and see if we decided to just stick with the AK breakfast. At the chef mickey rest what character are usually there?
Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I booked Tusker house for breakfast the morning after we arrive. It's pretty early. Will the buses work at that time?
I was looking at some character dining at MK and I loved the Cinderella one. The thing is we have to pay up front $150, ouch. I might have to wait and see if we decided to just stick with the AK breakfast. At the chef mickey rest what character are usually there?
Thanks again.

I saw crystal palace too, what characters are usually there?

Chef Mickey has the Fab 5: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald.

Tusker House has Donald and Daisy.. I don't think Daisy is seen at any other Character Meals.

Crystal Palace has Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore.

Thanks again.

I saw crystal palace too, what characters are usually there?

The buses start running at 6:30 every day.

Chef Mickey's features Chef Mickey, Chef Goofy and Chip and Dale.

Crystal Palace features the Pooh characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter