Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 2 days away from online check-in also!! I think the online check-in pops up in "My Reservations" when you click on "View Details".

I got my Magical Express packet yesterday!! :thumbsup2

Carla

The online check in pops up in My Disney Experience after you sign in.

Should I be concerned if I haven't received my Magical Express packet yet? I have just under 6 weeks to go. When do they usually come and did you just get yours early?

Not sure if that is completely unfortunate. Lol the American version is soooo slow it's ridiculous and they still haven't fixed it where you can see how much you owe or make a payment. Funny that you guys have to go a back way to get to the new site and we go a back way to get to the old site. Why can't they just fix these issues?? :{

Absolutely agree. The American site is buggy! I've stopped using it on IE altogether. Works better with Chrome.

Should I be concerned if I haven't received my Magical Express packet yet? I have just under 6 weeks to go. When do they usually come and did you just get yours early?

I think I just received mine early. We go every year and I don't remember getting it this soon. ;)

Carla

I recently asked a CM about the ME Packet when I called about all of my reservations being lost from My Disney Experience. They said if I don't receive by 14 days out, to call them and let them know.

MickeyEars said:
I think I just received mine early. We go every year and I don't remember getting it this soon. ;)

Carla

I was a little worried too. I'm at 34 days and haven't received yet.

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer with the search option. When taking the water taxi from POR to Downtown Disney, where exactly are you dropped off..and is there more than one drop off spot?? :confused3

So much great info on this thread!! We are staying at POR for the first time on our next trip and we are so excited!!

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer with the search option. When taking the water taxi from POR to Downtown Disney, where exactly are you dropped off..and is there more than one drop off spot?? :confused3

So much great info on this thread!! We are staying at POR for the first time on our next trip and we are so excited!!

Only one drop off spot at DD. It is right near the Rainforest Cafe.

Thanks for all the info and answers Andre and Venom.

I've read that the room safe can't hold a laptop, but can it hold two I pads and two I pods together?

Thanks
:stir:

Absolutely agree. The American site is buggy! I've stopped using it on IE altogether. Works better with Chrome.

Oooh...good to know. I had Chrome on my old computer and loved it. With this new one, I didn't think to download it, but if it makes the Disney site run better, I'm all over it!

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer with the search option. When taking the water taxi from POR to Downtown Disney, where exactly are you dropped off..and is there more than one drop off spot??

The boat drops you off at Marketplace, but there is another boat right next to it that will taxi you over to West Side. That's what we did. We started in West Side and made our way over to Marketplace to eat. Then we weren't backtracking. Have fun!

I'm from Canada and it says I can do online check in with 10 days left. Does this sound right forCanadians??

Sounds like you are still connecting to the old-style WDW site - I have the same problem over here in the UK, except for on ONE laptop (which I took to the states with me) and on that, in Internet Explorer only, the USA site has managed to stick.

Do you see the "My Disney Experience" link on the bar on the upper left of the main page? If not, try using the International link (bottom right) to go to the USA:English version of the page.

Andre

I check in next week and was going to fax POR by weeks end.
We are staying for 3 nights but I was only able to book a River view for the first night and then Preferred for the other 2 nights.
What do you think my chances of getting a preferred room for all 3 nights?
According to the Disney rep she noted my "continuous reservation" and hopefully that will be enough. I told her my preference is the preferred room anyway so it fine if they want to "downgrade" me the first night. I would like to avoid having to change rooms for such a short stay :)

Looks like we're going back! January 6th, 2014! Can't wait to be at Port Orleans again! I think I'm gonna book a preferred room in AB so we can get one of those pull down beds. :thumbsup2

luciagirl said:

I right there with you! Haven't gotten ours yet.. :confused:
Maybe the OP paid off their trip early?

We upgraded right at the 45day mark. :yay:
So I figured we'd be one of the last to get ours,
if the send them out in order of full payment received..

I check in next week and was going to fax POR by weeks end.
We are staying for 3 nights but I was only able to book a River view for the first night and then Preferred for the other 2 nights.
What do you think my chances of getting a preferred room for all 3 nights?

As some of the River View rooms are actually in the preferred buildings, you might even get river view in 14 or 27 to start with...

The only problem will be if River View is totally sold out on your dates (Easter Week) in which case they wouldn't have the option to upgrade you for the other two nights, and instead you'd get downgraded for the one night.

You need to tell them in your fax that preferred building is your main concern, and if you have to sacrifice the river view for one night to stay in the same room you are happy to do that. But it's still worth asking if there's any chance of a 14 or 27 river view for all three nights.

Andre

I right there with you! Haven't gotten ours yet.. :confused:
Maybe the OP paid off their trip early?

We upgraded right at the 45day mark. :yay:
So I figured we'd be one of the last to get ours,
if the send them out in order of full payment received..

This is our 1st trip to Disney since I was a little girl and 6 weeks is starting to feel like forever until we go.

We paid off our trip a little early too so maybe it will come soon.

This is our 1st trip to Disney since I was a little girl and 6 weeks is starting to feel like forever until we go.

I paid mine off two weeks ago and I got a call yesterday from the TA that my MIckey mail was in I am going to pick it up today. We are a month out today!:cool1:

I paid mine at the time of booking about 2 weeks ago. We have 47 days until out trip. Should I get concerned? What exactly do they send you in the mail?

Cobern said:
I paid mine at the time of booking about 2 weeks ago. We have 47 days until out trip. Should I get concerned? What exactly do they send you in the mail?

I know you get your ME info.. And luggage tags..
And ME tags
(yellow ones with mickey head, I think they are black with a DD in the mickey head)

They is other info. In the package.. But those are the important ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter