Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too!! My husband grounded me! I can only talk about Disney once a week and on Fridays!

LOL! I just told my husband this and he said "hey, grounded, that is a good idea" People who aren't even posting find new ideas on the Dis. :rotfl:

Back to POR related things: Lots of people are talking about checking in on-line, not on-line- to fax requests or not fax requests. Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.

I did on-line check in at POR back in 2010 and check in was a breeze, no line & room ready at 11:35 am - however, I had requested an AB room and we were put in Acandian house, so my requests were not granted on that trip but i did NOT send a fax that time and we are a family of 4 and I know they try to keep AB open for families of 5. We ended up loving our corner room (8220) and location. (very close to North depot)

Obviously I'm just catching up with the thread today. My hubby appreciates all of my planning and he gets very excited when the trip gets close. He also has a lot to do with our dining plans, but unlike me he doesn't want to talk about it everyday. or look at my total trip spreadsheet everday, or the POR map from Andre's site that I printed in color, or my dining spreadsheet.... Of course now that I have my own Planning door it will be hard for him to miss. :cool1:

Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.

Sounds like a great idea to me, perfectly planned. (You can do online checkin up to 60 days out now by the way, if you feel so inclined)

Andre

Venom, so sorry I just sent my PM before reading your post regarding the format...

No worries...

LOL! I just told my husband this and he said "hey, grounded, that is a good idea" People who aren't even posting find new ideas on the Dis. :rotfl:

Back to POR related things: Lots of people are talking about checking in on-line, not on-line- to fax requests or not fax requests. Here is what I am doing: Booked preffered location - requested bldg 14, 15 or 18 ground floor room on original booking. I will be doing on line check in 10 days out, and sending a fax to re-iterate my bldg & ground floor requests 3 to 5 days out.

I did on-line check in at POR back in 2010 and check in was a breeze, no line & room ready at 11:35 am - however, I had requested an AB room and we were put in Acandian house, so my requests were not granted on that trip but i did NOT send a fax that time and we are a family of 4 and I know they try to keep AB open for families of 5. We ended up loving our corner room (8220) and location. (very close to North depot)

I still say 7-10 days out and stand by it. Gives them more time to make sure they have the room that fits your requests available.

LovingDisny said:

Hi there! I also have a preferred room reserved. Wondering if I should request certain areas. May I ask why you are requesting building 14,15 or 18? Thanks!

Hello, I am going with 8 others and getting two rooms. I am interested in something close to buses to get to parks and not to far from the pools. We also hope to have adjoining rooms. The kids are 11 to 14 so no pack n plays or anything. Should we ask for bottom floor and Where? We all have never been to POR. I have been to POFQ and it was perfect. Got corner room there for 4 people on bottom floor near front.
Thanks
Michelle

Can you do online checkin if you haven't made final payment? Since you can do online checkin at 60 days and have till 45 days to make final payment I am confused.

Can you do online checkin if you haven't made final payment? Since you can do online checkin at 60 days and have till 45 days to make final payment I am confused.

Yes, I just did my online 4 days ago and made my final payment today :)

Someone was asking a while back about Royal Rooms on corners? Here's what they do with the décor items to make space for the extra window (this is room 9239 by the way):

POR-Room-Royal-2013-1248_forum.jpg

The wall-mirror is removed, and the pennants get moved onto the wall next to the far bed:

POR-Room-Royal-2013-0919_forum.jpg

The rest of the artwork usually on that wall is moved to between the beds:

POR-Room-Royal-2013-0923_forum.jpg

Andre

I read somewhere that you can order groceries, beer, etc from Some place.......how does that work exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter