Port Orleans Riverside Photos

WDWBetsy

found her happily ever after!!!
I meant to post these photos earlier, but got carried away with everyday stuff after our October 2003 trip. So for those interested in photos of the resort, here they are:
POR photos - October 2003
We really liked the resort. Hope this helps those who are planning their vacations.

Beautiful photos! As you can see, we love this resort. I can't get enough of other people's pictures. Thanks for posting!

WDWBetsy,

Thanks for posting your wonderful pics. I enjoyed looking at them. If I may ask, why did you chose MM over AB at POR. I am booked for Oct and can't decide what section. Were you happy with MM? I think that is what I am leaning towards.

Thanks,
Terri

terribm,

I guess I chose the mansions because I saw them as more of a romantic setting. We were in Acadia House. I wanted something somewhat close to the lobby, and this is what they had. I think since we reserved a king bed, it did somewhat limit the available rooms they could assign us to.

Our room was not that far from the North Depot, and I had read that it was not as crowded as the main ones.

Overall, we were very pleased with our room, the building and the entire resort. I thought the transportation was great. I heard others complaining, but we usually didn't have to wait more than 10-15 minutes if that. I wish I had taken more photos around the resort, but we were too busy.

The foodcourt was really good, too. Usually didn't have a problem finding a seat, and my husband was a frequent Mug Man running back and forth from the room refilling our mugs.

If you have any questions, ask away!

WDWBetsy, I have a few questions. I've never stayed at POR or POFQ, but have a friend who is heavily leaning towards POR. Is the transportation to the parks all bus service? Did it take very long to actually get to any of the parks? Also, you said you had a king room. I'm assuming this is an upgrade from the standard room. Is there anything different about it than just the king size bed? Better view? They are a late-20's couple with no kids going to the world for the first time. TIA for the help!

GoofItUp,

Yes, the transportation from POR (and POFQ) is by bus. If I recall, it took about 15-20 minutes to get to the various parks. We usually allowed extra time just in case (especially for those Priority Seatings!).

Depending on the time of year you go, the bus service can be crowded. But just remember that they'll send another bus if one is full. When we go again, I'll probably choose December. We were right around a holiday so it was busier.

We did pay a higher price for the king bed. Actually we had the Fairy Tale package that was 7 nights for the price of 5 with passes included for the duration of the stay. When I've priced the similar package this year, it's higher. To me, it was worth the price for the king bed. I don't think the room is any bigger and it didn't have a special view, but I have read that some king rooms are on the corners and have 2 windows. I really felt that our room was large - both of us thought it had a period feel about it and didn't feel like it had the typical sterile hotel atmosphere that a lot of normal hotels have. There was a lot of detail in the decor and furniture in the room.

When we walked out of our room, the walkway outside overlooks a beautiful fountain area. It was really relaxing, and as you can see from my photos, I kept posing there!

I personally think that a couple in their 20s would enjoy POR. I liked the landscaping, the far-away feeling like you're on a plantation, and the staff was wonderful.

Any more questions - I'll be glad to help. :-)

Thank you for sharing your photos!

I'm hoping to convince Dh to stay in one of the mansion rooms with a King bed on our next visit. I will show him your photos.

One thing I'm wondering is are there any sitting areas in the mansion building? Outside of the room, I mean. Or benches near the buildings?

DH & I spent a lot of time on our balcony this April, in the am's and the evenings. I'm wondering where we'd sit to read the paper, relax etc at POR.

Karen

Glad everyone's liking the photos. I know I searched everywhere for room photos before our vacation :-)

karemore - I'm pretty sure that there are benches around the building - I think they're more on the grounds - not in the actual building.

When you walk up towards the building you walk around the staircase to enter the elevator area. It's more of a hallway and not somewhere to hang out. I can't remember if there are benches on the walkways in front of the rooms. I know we stood there looking at the fountain, but I don't recall a sitting area.

They do have nice little areas along the pathways where you can sit on benches and nature/people watch. Lots of squirrels running around. Or if you walked to the foodcourt, there are seating areas outside where you can relax.

I couldn't get over the historic feel of the place. I wouldn't mind trying Alligator Bayou when we have kids. It definitely looked more rustic.

Talking about the resort is making me want to go back - but we're going on a cruise this December instead. Then no Disney trips until after we have kids and they're old enough. :-)

Thank you for the great photos. I really enjoyed them. They remind me just how much I can't wait to go back.

WDWBetsy--
Thank you so much for posting the pix of PO. DH and 3 DDs just
returned from 5 nts and 6 days at Riverside. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou area and loved it. Of course the main reason was b/c of the size of our family and needing the trundle bed but it was a great place. A little confusing finding our room at 10:00 at night after spending the majority of our first day in the Park but once we figured out where we were and how to get around we loved it. Tons of squirrels and ducks, nice walkways and views as we hiked to and from bus depot and lobby/restaurant area. 3 yrs ago I stayed at the French Qtr area and enjoyed it too. It's hard to complain when you're at Disney right?!?! :>)
Thanks again,
Karen
aka TN Traveler

WDWBetsy,

Was your room newly renovated? I am thinking of staying at Riverside in the mansions this fall. My wife’s parent’s (first trip) will be joining us and I want their experience to be unforgettable. Have any of the other Mansion buildings been renovated?

Does anyone else have more recent interior pictures of the mansions?

rocketman,

I thought our room looked pretty nice. The bedspread and carpet looked new, and the place was spotless. The furniture also looked well-kept.

Of course - a hotel can be recently renovated and some careless guest can burn a hole in the carpet or spill something making a stain.

I'll never forget working at a nice downtown Indianapolis hotel and seeing that the guests of a room left a pizza face down on the carpet. Made me sick thinking that people could care less about the next guest staying in the room or the housekeeper who has to clean everything up.

We just got back & I'm 90% sure the Mansion we walked past that had just gone down for renos was Acadia. They told us at check-in that our room in Magnolia Terrace had just been completed the day before our arrival and I read many posts while I was researching on the boards for our trip - that Oak Manor has been done. Not sure about the 4th one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter