• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter?

DizneyManiac

Earning My Ears
Howdy all! I am sure this question has been asked many times before but I have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside in September and am thinking of switching to the French Quarter .. can anyone help me and tell me why I should or should not do this? Three adults in the party ... Dad and two lucky teenage kids (one boy and one girl). Thoughts?:joker:

Howdy all! I am sure this question has been asked many times before but I have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside in September and am thinking of switching to the French Quarter .. can anyone help me and tell me why I should or should not do this? Three adults in the party ... Dad and two lucky teenage kids (one boy and one girl). Thoughts?:joker:

POFQ is our fav for the following:
1. Small! Quaint, easy to get from one part to another and everything is relatively close in comparison to other mods.
2. Food court is small and quant...stayed her 4 times and never seen it that busy. Plus, we love the beignets!
3. Love the landscaping and homey feel it has, yet sprinkled with Disney magic but not enough to overwhelm.

I think some questions for you would be:
1. Sleeping question...will you be sharing beds or need trundles at riverside so everyone has their own bed?
2. Do you mind longer bus waits and be farther away from the main pool/food?

Those would do it for me. I would not want to be stuck in a bldg farther away in Riverside.

I would recommend getting Riverside, because one of the rooms are the princess rooms, and they are really cool to come in handy with the girls because they love princesses. On the other hand my dad and my brother stayed in the room where it has a make shift bed and two regular beds. And the theme is princess and the frog. Just sayin

I love both resorts. I think if you do not plan on being at your resort as much POFQ is perfect. We prefer Riverside because we spend more time around the resorts and I did not like how crowded POFQ pool was. We enjoyed the quiet pool options as well as the rooms appeal to us more at Riverside. Both are great choices but I hated POFQ food court but enjoyed being so close to refill mugs so there are pluses and minus to both in my opinion. I would gladly stay at both. I should say we never had a bus issue but have heard others complain.

I would keep your reservation at Riverside. With a teenage boy and girl you will most likely want the third bed and French quarter does not have them. You can still eat at the FW food court and use the pool there if you like.

I'm going in Sept. also. by myself. 1st time alone on a trip. I liked Riverside better. I've never stayed there but it looks like there is more to do and explore. You can always walk to FQ and I don't mind walking. Your at Disney. Your going to walk. I also heard the Food court was better at Riverside. In Nov. 2013 we stayed at Coronado Springs. That's my back up if I can't get the free dining (if Disney offers it) at POR. :thumbsup2

French Quarter! i've stayed at both riverside and FQ twice each. Hands down our family pick is FQ. Liked the food better, quick to get from the rooms to pool or dining hall or buses.
They are within 5 minutes walking distance from each other so we always go over to the sister resort a couple of times during the week just for a change of pace.

Tough decision, these are my two favorite resorts, but I always lean towards POR. I think POR has the best food court on property, the pool is much better designed for teens. The slide at FQ is very tame and good for small kids, but not bigger kids. I personally like the theming better at POR also. It's much more tranquil and relaxing. All of the activities such as bikes, boats, hair wraps ect are up at Riverside. You can always walk down to FQ for beignets.

Tough decision, these are my two favorite resorts, but I always lean towards POR. I think POR has the best food court on property, the pool is much better designed for teens. The slide at FQ is very tame and good for small kids, but not bigger kids. I personally like the theming better at POR also. It's much more tranquil and relaxing. All of the activities such as bikes, boats, hair wraps ect are up at Riverside. You can always walk down to FQ for beignets.

I second this! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter