Port Orleans - Riverside or French Quarter???

mommy*RN

<font color=limegreen>Does Imodium work for verbal
Hi,
Just a quick question...which is better with two little ones (ages 4 and 14mo at time of travel). I thought the Riverside because I can get a trundle bed for DS if needed, but I've heard great things about the French Quarter...
:confused3
What's your thoughts and opinions???

TIA! :cheer2:

IMO French Quarter. It's just smaller and quieter. You are never that far from the bus stop. And you are the first bus stop so you are guaranteed a seat. My kids also loved the dragon slide in the pool and the alligator statues around the property.

YMMV of course.

I vote for French Quarter too. It is just a smaller resort and easier to get around. Being the first bus stop is really a nice perk. The only thing I did not like was that I thought the food court was a little crowded.

We like FQ more than POR but your comment about the trundle bed is valid. We used it on our trip there and it was convenient. Now we travel with an airbed in our suitcase (it only weighs about 3#) and my DD6 uses that every night. It even slides under some of the beds while inflated. Your kids will like either one. Mine does.

FQ in my opinion. It is smaller and there is a play area for your age children as well as it is all closer together. After a long day in the park, it is nice not to have to walk far for anything. Have fun wherever you go. :cool1:

We Just Got Back Today From A Week At Pofq With Ds 5 And Ds 1. We Really Liked How Close Together Everything Was And Very Quiet Too. Ds5 Just Loved The Slide...more Than At Por. We Liked The Foodcourt, The Only Time That It Was Really Crowded Was In The Am!

tatooed goofy said:
FQ in my opinion. It is smaller and there is a play area for your age children as well as it is all closer together. After a long day in the park, it is nice not to have to walk far for anything. Have fun wherever you go. :cool1:

I already KNEW your opinion! ;)

Thanks to everyone for your input! I appreciate the advice and information!

Happy planning and travels! :wizard:

French Quarter! We're going with DD4 and chose POFQ because it seems like the easiest to navigate with children, and the pool there is more geared to younger children. It's was also rated "Best Moderate" by Fodor's Disney World With Children 2006. :thumbsup2

Riverside! It's smaller and easier to get around. Your room will be close to everything - bus stop, pool, etc. We loved it!

Enjoy!

A few people have commented that one pool is better - but when you stay at Port Orleans you're alowed to eat at both restaurants and even use both pools. So it shouldnt really come down to who has a better pool

We loved POFQ. There is only the 1 bus stop, first on first off. So you have a better chance of your children having a seat in the a.m. Coming back in the evening they each have their own bus. We were in building 5 and it was wonderful. It was steps away from the food court, back side of the building was the pool and very close to the bus stop.

Port Orleans Riverside has 2,048 rooms
POFQ has approximately 1,000 guest rooms

I would rather have to deal with half the amount of people when I am traveling with DD.

We never had a problem getting a seat on the bus and we were at POR for the week of July 4. :confused3

for your age kids i would do FQ less walking playground is very clean nice compact.. pool is kid friendly... slide is managable for the 4 yr old... food court is smaller..
older kids 5 and above i would say POR they have a huge sand and wood fort playground larger slide..

The French Quarter. You will not be sorry. It is a great place for the whole family. That is the only place we stay each and every time. Everyone there treats you great. You won't be sorry.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter