Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs?

Frootcakes

Earning My Ears
My entire family is coming for a Disney trip this summer, and we are trying to choose between the Coronado Springs Resort and the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. (They had the best discounts for the dates we wanted.) My father is recovering from an intense battle with lung cancer, and he doesn't do well with walking long distances or extreme heat. (But, he doesn't want to miss out on the fun.)
Also on the trip are my neices and nephews (6,4,2 and 1)- and a great pool is truly the only thing they care about.
Does anyone have a recommendation for us? Thanks!!

I've stayed at POR and plan to try CSR this June. I thought POR was beautiful and had a great slide for the kids. But it is spread out for someone that might have mobility problems. My understanding is that CSR is just as spread out if not more. Have you considered POFQ? It's a lot more compact and might do better for your dad. It has a fun pool with a dragon slide. I believe you still get to pool hop with POR as well so the kids could try both pools.

If that's not an option, I'd definitely send in a room request and perhaps a Dr's note explaining your father's situation so you can get a room close to the main building.

Hope your father has a great time and continues to recover!

I just got back from POR and cant say a bad thing about it. I have never been to CSR but I know that POR has boats, bikes, and fishing poles that you can rent. Is there a possibility that you could get a wheelchair for your Dad. I am sure that he would love to try out the fishing hole at POR or there is also a Butterfly garden behind one of the mansions. It will definately be a walk for someone who is recovering no matter what building you request. But at POR there is so much to do that he would be able sit and enjoy watching his grandkids. Also in front of the playground there is a porch with rocking chairs and even though you can't see the whole playground I am sure that he would enjoy this. Also there is the boat to DD that docks right in front of the Rainforest Cafe which would be another great thing. Okay enough I love POR if you haven't guessed. Good Luck and have a great time.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I think CSR has the best pool and playground out of all the moderates, but the resort is rather spread out, so is PO Riverside. Your father might want to consider renting an ECV, or at the very least, a wheelchair. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter