Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach Resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Sommery, Aug 18, 2010.

1. LuvLDM

LuvLDM DIS Veteran

I love POR, it is my favorite moderate.
    It's a really beautiful resort, lush landscaping, recently renovated rooms, boat to DTD, great food court...etc.

I'm kind of neutral about CBR, I didn't dislike it but it didn't wow me either. The resort itself is lovely but the guest rooms were kind of bland. Food court & Shutters were mediocre IMO. CBR does have a fabulous pool, nicer than POR.
    I found service & housekeeping to be good at both resorts.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Luv4Dis

Luv4Dis Mouseketeer

My vote is for POR!!!! I have stayed there 2x, POFQ 1x, and CBR 1x. Honestly I didn't really care for CBR. The layout made everything feel so separate and far away. Yes, busses worked fine bc there are so many stops, but I felt like it was a hike to food court, pool, etc. overall it just felt too big for me. We went in September of 2011 w an infant and 2yr old so the layout mattered a lot for us and our excursions. Also I was not a big fan of their food court either. The pool was pretty awesome though....IMO probably their best feature!!!

I love POR theming and layout. I also think a boat to DTD is awesome!!!!! At night the resort is gorgeous and so fun to take a boat ride! I also enjoyed the entertainment in the lounge/bar as well. At the time we had our now 4yr old who was 1yr and it was very family friendly.

I honestly didn't "love" CBR and would probably choose a different moderate when we go next time.

4. snykymom

snykymom Still tagless after all these years

OK, I'm confused. Your comments seem to indicate that you would prefer POR, but you say that you actually preferred CBR? Or am I misreading something?

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Yep! I made a mistake! I fixed it. Thanks.

6. Peanut

Peanut Mouseketeer

I really have to go with POR. CBR was not a good choice for me. I thought I'd like it a lot more than I did. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, jut not my style I guess. I haven't seen the new pool, but I don't spend much time at the pools. In the end, you never really know until you see it for yourself. :)

7. misstdiana

misstdiana Mouseketeer

this is my dilemma right now. I have a chance to probably do either for similar costs. I have 2 kids 11 and 15 and it would be just me with them. Which resort?

8. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

If you don't have your own car, or would not have a preferred room, I'd say POR. CBR is just too big and has too many bus stops. Having your own car would make it a much nicer stay if you chose CBR.

9. misstdiana

misstdiana Mouseketeer

Yes I will be driving. Now I'm trying to decide between a split stay at POR and WL. Or CBR and WL. Decisions decisions. Lol.

10. Googelibear

Googelibear Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

that is funny. We always stay at POR and because it's not available for free dining in November, we chose CBR. I sure hope this isn't a mistake. I will read on and see what others have to say :thumbsup2

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

This was us 4 trips ago and we haven't been able to go back to POR since. We fell in love with CBR.