Port Orleans Riverside - Location

mardi

Earning My Ears
We are all booked and getting excited about our trip in February - we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Is it best to request a specific area in the resort and just take our chances. I know the resort is quite large - should we pay a bit more and get a water view or is it too late?

We have also requested connecting rooms and I keep reading that some guests receive their requests, while others don't.

Your comments and advise will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
:dance3:

im lkie the OP. i'm booked at POR and i'm trying to figure out where the rooms are with the trindle(sp) bed? just need to see where we might be. thx

We just got back from POR on Saturday. The Aligator Bayou is the section with the trundle beds, and that's where we were. We were in Building 26....didn't request it, just took our chances, and it really was in a good spot. It wasn't a terribly long walk to the pool or the food court, and a bus stop was right behind us too.

If you want to be closer to the food court, you can always try to make a request and just hope for the best, but I was pleased with Building 26.

We stayed in the bayou last time and enjoyed it. I didn't want to stay there because it seemed like something I wouldnt' like, but it was very nice. My sisters had stayed in the mansions before and didn't want to stay in the bayou either, but in the end, they liked the bayou as well.
We were in building 27 and it was a good location. Only thing I didn't like was that there aren't any elevators-keept hat in mind if you have a stroller-it was a pain!!

1) Last time I stayed in AB 26. Good location overall except for the fact that I kept getting lost everytime I walked to it from the parking lot.

2) No elevators in AB. This may be difficult for some to lug there stuff up a flight of stairs. There are elevators in mansions.

3) I actually think that the AB is closer to everything than the Mansions. The mansions seem a bit more remote to me because they are across the bridge from check in and main restaurant area. I don't know if this is true, it just felt that way to me.

4) I've always stayed at AB section. I just think it's prettier; a deeper theme. The mansions are a bit more "modern" IMHO.

When we stayed at POR, I was very set on being in the mansion section - and requested this. However, upon check in, I was told that no rooms were available in the mansions and we were assigned a room in Aligator Bayou. I felt an initial twinge of disappointment - but ended up being completely happy with our room, and I think the kids probably even enjoyed this section more than they would have the mansions (aligator bayou just seemed more "themed").
I guess my advice would be to do your research and maybe make a request if you are leaning towards something, but keep an open mind and don't let it become "a big deal" if your request isn't met - it will all work out and be great anyway!

Alligator Bayou has the trundle beds. I stayed in the Magnolia Terrace building and it was close to the bus stop, a quiet pool and not too far from the main building.

The alligator bayou has the trundle beds. WE have stayed at POR 2 years in a row and have stayed in the AB both times. The first year we stayed in building 16, which was a great location, very close to the food court and main building, and the pool, as well as just a hop, skip and jump away from the bus stop. The 2nd year we stayed in building 25, which was also a good location, very close to one of the bus stops, but further away from the food court, main pool and main building...not that bad though. If I had my choice, I would go back to building 16, it was very close to everything, but far enough away from the noise, there is a very nice quiet pool and laundry facilities close by as well.

Just my thoughts,

H.

We have reguested building 39 for the last 2 years. We do get water view. Our room was second floor, corner room (2 windows), facing a quiet pool. It was really close to the bus stop and just a little walk to the food court. It was a wonderful location. In the afternoon at the quiet pool it was like it was our own private pool! I would def. request that room again.

Hi all (nervous 1st post:thumbsup2 ) - we will be staying in POR in august - 2 adults and 3 kids, so think we will be in AB, first question of what will be many in coming months - how far in advance can you get in touch with disney for requests:confused3 - would ideally like something not too far from the foodcourt, bus-stop, quiet pool, oh and a smoking spot - not asking for much I know;) , many thanks

i'm looking around for a picture or layout of the kingsize bedroom and can't find one

anybody know of one?

DSC03690.jpg
This is the view from Oak Manor building 90, 1st floor on the corner looking left.

DSC03694.jpg
This is looking straight out.

DSC03691.jpg
This one is looking right. I absolutely loved the water view room. Also, I only saw it once, but the horse drawn carriage comes right by on this sidewalk. It was awesome, I wish I had a picture of that but I wasn't quick enough to grab the camera.

thank you, ortholablady

beautiful pictures

::: sigh :::

i can't hardly wait

Hi all (nervous 1st post:thumbsup2 ) - we will be staying in POR in august - 2 adults and 3 kids, so think we will be in AB, first question of what will be many in coming months - how far in advance can you get in touch with disney for requests:confused3 - would ideally like something not too far from the foodcourt, bus-stop, quiet pool, oh and a smoking spot - not asking for much I know;) , many thanks

Let me be the first to say welcome to the Dis. (something noone said to me...sniff sniff :rolleyes1 )

Not sure about first question so will leave that to the more knowledgable.
With 5 you will be in Alligator Bayou so......
Building 38 with a RIVER view has all you need.
Loved it in Dec.

Check location on map as posted above http://allearsnet.com/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

This map seems to have better resolution for seeing the #'s http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

I'll tell you where not to stay - in the farthest parking lot view corner of mansion Parterre Place! I been placed there twice. :rolleyes: Quiet, but too removed from everything. Looking at that POR map, I realized my room was literally the absolute farthest one from the main pool - no wonder I only went there once. :(

If the OP has 4 or less in their family, they may automatically be placed in mansions. Sometimes POR does that, to save Alligator Bayou for families of 5 who need the trundle bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter