• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Food Reviews

V2000

DIS Veteran
Excited for my first stay at Port Orleans Riverside.

The photos for the hotel look great. :magnify:

Is there any reviews on the food at the resort? I looked at a few places on site and it didn't look too exciting.

What do you think?

I've never ate dinner at Boatwrights but a few years ago I ate breakfast there but they are not serving breakfast anymore. I really like the RiverMill food court
the create your own pasta is excellent. If you want good TS restaurants, i would head to DTD there are several very good restaurants.
You are gonna love POR, it is even prettier in person.

Sort of wondering the same thing.

From my research, Riverside Mill gets really good reviews for a CS food court. Boatwright's gets very mixed reviews as far as TS goes.

Problem is, we're table service snobs, in part, because we don't want to have to deal with a chaotic breakfast that involves waiting in multiple lines and worrying whether we'll find a place to sit (not sure, however, if finding a place to sit is ever a problem at POR).

We go to WDW about once a year or so, and in that regard, I'm pretty picky about where I choose to go for TS. Along those lines, Boatwright's seems pretty meh as far as Disney TS options go and, other than Raglan Road, nothing in DTD really appeals to me.

Have stayed at this resort two times in the past - staying again this December. Love the food court here - make your own pasta station, breakfast, salad station all very good. And the Warm Apple Blossom is a favorite :goodvibes
We did not care for Boatwright's - will not be dining there again.
Enjoy your stay!

Have stayed at this resort two times in the past - staying again this December. Love the food court here - make your own pasta station, breakfast, salad station all very good. And the Warm Apple Blossom is a favorite :goodvibes
We did not care for Boatwright's - will not be dining there again.
Enjoy your stay!

Make your own pasta is sounding great! I'll probably skip Boatwright's and go to Downtown Disney.

We ate there for the 1st time last year and really enjoyed the food. Everyone that was with us had nothing but good things to say about it. I know the reviews are mixed, but I would go there again.

POR Food Court is our favorite of all that the resort food courts that we've tried, which honestly isn't that many. (because we eat so often at POR!)
Seating is usually no problem, except during that crazy Christmas period. ga-Doi! ;)

Food court is decent....the Mahi Sandwich is very good.
Also ate at the restaurant and it was very good!

The POR food court is my favorrite on property but there may be a bit of nostalgia in that as it was our first ever resort and I was pregnant with my now 15 year old at the time. I'm not a fan of Boatwrights but mainly because the menu isn't me.

Good things to know...We're going in December and I was curious about this as well. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Food Court - Awesome, everything is pretty darn good !!!

TS - Boatwrights, just plain BAD.

Ordered the crawfish bites, instead of being crispy and fresh, they were soggy and oily and just not good.

The Steak was ok, but nothing special.

The jambalaya just tasted like a bowl of mushy peppers, there was no other real flavor to it.

The pecan pie was pretty good though.

Would not, and did not, go back. with DTD so close though, there are a TON of food options, and the food court IS awesome !

We usually stay at POFQ but we prefer the POR food court. If we eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, we always walk to POR - there are more choices (and better ones), more seating, etc.
The pasta and salad options are great but we love the sandwiches too - i love the blue cheese and roast beef on ciabatta!
I haven't been to Boatwrights but one of my co-workers just got back last week and he wasn't too happy. He got the jambalaya at Boatwrights then saw the same jambalaya at the POFQ food court as a QS dinner.
Most of our favorite QS meals have been at POR (our other favorite is CHH in MK)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter