Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for any of you lucky enough to stay in a refurbished room at AB, how much drawer space is there on the bottom of the murphy bed?

We go to Disney every year - but have always stayed at poly or bc. This year we are trying out port Orleans (AB ...5 of us) in early february! Looks beautiful - we can't wait!!
Thanks to everyone who has taken time to post pictures and comments -- it made our decision easy :)

Making my LGMH to throw on my pack and camera. I know we can't wait!

I made them today. Got the luggage tags by 3m clear laminate then peeled the Mickey off paint swatch wrote names on them and voila !!! Not sure ho to post pics from my IPad.

I made them today. Got the luggage tags by 3m clear laminate then peeled the Mickey off paint swatch wrote names on them and voila !!! Not sure ho to post pics from my IPad.

Well you can upload them if you have a Photobucket account or Picasa photo uploading site. Id love to see them if you can get them up. Another, easiest way, is to email them to yourself like yahoo or gmail and then log into email on a pc and download them then post here. The Mickey pant ones will have the buttons added to them also before completion.

Here are some of my current projects:
IMG_20111222_112604.jpg

IMG_20111222_112547.jpg

IMG_20111222_112538.jpg

WOW, Venomhatch, that is a BIG pile of LGMH's, Home Depot must love you, LOL!

WOW, Venomhatch, that is a BIG pile of LGMH's, Home Depot must love you, LOL!

Yeah I figured, do a whole wall just in Mickey paint samples, lol. Jp, I got them for the family and to have back ups incase something happens, get wet or I don't laminate right some how. Still have to figure out how to get my name on them.

So for any of you lucky enough to stay in a refurbished room at AB, how much drawer space is there on the bottom of the murphy bed?

Just returned yesterday from a refurb room at AB (building 38). It ultimately depends on how much you want to store. I believe there were three drawers and they worked fine for our girls but we didn't store *everything* there. Our first reaction was there wasn't enough storage space. By the time we left we felt the storage was fine.

I have a royal room booked (with aaa discount:cool1:) on feb24th, so excited! Just curious if anyone reading this has one booked earlier? Would love to see a finished pic before we get there!

I'll make sure and post some after we check in! Merry Xmas everyone!

I have a royal room booked (with aaa discount:cool1:) on feb24th, so excited! Just curious if anyone reading this has one booked earlier? Would love to see a finished pic before we get there!

I'll make sure and post some after we check in! Merry Xmas everyone!

We have a Royal Themed room also checking in the 24th. But we have a river view upgrade booked until the 3rd. Maybe you will see my DIS LGMH hanging on my back pack.

Just returned yesterday from a refurb room at AB (building 38). It ultimately depends on how much you want to store. I believe there were three drawers and they worked fine for our girls but we didn't store *everything* there. Our first reaction was there wasn't enough storage space. By the time we left we felt the storage was fine.

I was hoping to get more details on the storage space. We have 2 adults, 13, 9 and 6 year old staying for 11 days. We will have a lot of clothes, shoes, etc (we do laundry while there so we don't bring something for every day). How long is the murphy bed? It doesn't look very big in the picture. My daughter is 4 foot 9 and she'd be the one sleeping in it. I'm worried we've outgrown POR and will have to move to a Deluxe to fit everyone comfortably in the room, but the cost of a deluxe compared to moderate is a lot. Plus we love Yee Ha Bob so moving would be hard.

I think I am more closer & closer to choosing the Riverside. :wizard:We received a 30% discount postcard which we can use for POR. Great timing from Santa on Dec. 24th. My DH teases that he scheduled it that way when the mail came with the postcard:rotfl: Please any thoughts about POR in the month of June? Get us excited. Our DS is 11 & is very outgoing.

Happy Christmas!

POR Xmas 2011 Recreation Schedule:

POR-Rec-2011-Xmas.jpg

Andre

Wow! How in the world did Santa have time to go to all those houses AND have time to pose for pictures at POR from 5:00PM-8:45PM on the 24th? It must be some sort of Super combination of Disney Magic and Santa Magic!

A Very Merry Christmas to all my Dis Friends!

:santa:Merry Christmas, Everyone!:santa:
We just returned Friday from a wonderful stay at POR. We checked in on Dec 17 around 8 AM. Of course, our room wasn’t ready but we knew our building would be 36. We heading to AK and around 1 PM- we received a text telling us we were in 3653. So when the park closed, we headed back to find our room. Now we paid for a standard view and I had request a refurbished corner room. So I figured it would be a “keep your eye on the car view” which I would’ve be happy with- after all- we were in Disney. To our surprise, we were got 2nd floor inside corner refurbished room overlooking the garden pond and we could see the quiet pool also. I was so happy!:yay:
Now our only set back to the whole trip was as we started looking around the room, we noticed mousekeeping had not finished their job.:sad2: The trash had not been collected, the murphy bed was not made and the table was not cleaned.:sad1: After a quick call to the front desk, we got a VIP clean and a $75 room credit. So the kids went swimming and around an hour later, we were back in our very clean room!:woohoo:
We are a family of 5 and storage was tight. But it work out perfectly. Each boy got a drawer, I used the hangers, and my Hubby’s clothes stayed on the shelf it the closet. The murphy bed was so nice to have. Two of my boys sleep on it. My 12 year old, who is about 5FT tall sleep on it perfectly.
The buses were great. The only day we had to stand was our last day when we headed out to the Epcot.
It was the best vacation ever. I hope to be back very soon.
Jenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter