• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're here now and were lucky enough to get a room in bldg 36!! It's beautiful, clean, and the room somehow feels bigger. This is our 6th(?) stay at POR, and I don't want to stay anywhere else. I took a ton of pics, but don't know how to post them using my iPhone.

We're here now and were lucky enough to get a room in bldg 36!! It's beautiful, clean, and the room somehow feels bigger. This is our 6th(?) stay at POR, and I don't want to stay anywhere else. I took a ton of pics, but don't know how to post them using my iPhone.

Download the photobucket app, it's easy to use. A few pages back I put a few photos up using it.

ce668eb7.jpg

That was breakfast last week at POR

Just saw the new AB pictures tonight. Im so glad that they have a murphy bed! That is what I was told that they were going to do in July and then the rumors began of them not having rooms for families of 5. I knew they wouldnt do that!

Now, I just wish they didnt get rid of the storage. But, like DH said, we can just live out of our suitcases if we need to. No biggie. DD11 is the one that always sleeps on the trundle and likes the new bed, first thing she said though is that she still wont be able to lay in bed and watch TV. I dont know how quiet it will be right under the TV either. Oh well, still like it.But I do think that the mansion rooms look much nicer though.

Counting down the days until we are back at POR!:yay:

Can't wait to see your pics! How do you feel about the storage space?

Hi SurlyMermaid -

Did you have it noted on your reservations that you wanted a refurbished room?

Love the pictures! Thanks for your help!

Sorry if this has been answered. Do the refurbished AB rooms have queen or double beds? I can't tell from the pictures.

Great, looks like they are on schedule then - when did you check in, you must have been one of the first! Can you tell if they are working on building 37 now (and maybe even 38 too by now?)

I've PM'd you an email address, if you just email the photos to me I'll host them on portorleans.org for you and post them straight here like I did with Beth's last week. Saves you messing around with upload apps and stuff while you're on vacation.

Have a great stay!

Andre

Just saw the new AB pictures tonight. Im so glad that they have a murphy bed! That is what I was told that they were going to do in July and then the rumors began of them not having rooms for families of 5.

It was getting very frustrating seeing those rumours constantly bouncing around - and worse, being fueled by the Disney Reservations Center, who really should know better!

I got close to posting ALL CAPITALS RED MESSAGES saying that the fifth-person bed was definitely staying, as it just wasn't sinking in in lower case. :) :)

Andre

Sorry if this has been answered. Do the refurbished AB rooms have queen or double beds? I can't tell from the pictures.

Queen beds.

Thanks for that, I didn't read down the thread before posting! If you'd like to email me the original image files anyway (feel free to send as many as you like!) I can post bigger versions to show the detail better.

From what I can see from these pics though, it looks like the soft furnishings are following the theme wonderfully - could you maybe email me a few closeups of the bedding, curtains, etc, and the text wording on the 'crates', as I'm betting there is a whole load of hidden detail in there.

Andre

Ok, trying to post pics, hope it works...

Ah, those were mobile-page links. PhotoBucket does have larger copies of the photos are all - I thought the page looked odd!

[Edit: I've hosted these pics on www.portorleans.org for Candi now, as her PhotoBucket account was exceeding its bandwidth allowance]

Here you are everyone:

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo02_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo06_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo08_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo07_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo01_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo05_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo04_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo03_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo09_forum.jpg

PO.org-Guest-SurlyMermaid-photo10_forum.jpg

I adore the Port Orleans details on bedspreads, and also note the Alligator motifs on the comforter pillows which I mentioned a while back.

Andre

Love, love, love the pics from AB.

I love the comforter and the shower curtain; love the wall color and the new style bed.

You can now see the storage drawers under the murphy bed from that angle. I really like the headboard.

Love the tin cover on the fridge and the little side shelf next to it.

Also like the storage under the sinks, plus the detail of the washboard.

Fantastic job!

Awesome pics!! Love them! I put requests for building 36, 37 or 38 on our reservations!! These have just made me more excited!

25 more days until we are there! :lovestruc

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only family that normally always lives out of or suitcases on vacation :rotfl: We never take the time to put all of our clothes away in drawers.

The refurbished room pics are lovely. I love the idea that they replaced the trundle bed with the pulldown murphy style bed but it looks so small. Before I know I have read of larger/taller/older guests using the trundle bed but it seems as if this will not be possible now with the new style and I have to wonder if they will start to enforce the age limit of the 5th guest in the room to 9 or under(or something similar) :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter