Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the info about transportation from Epcot after Illuminations. There are 11 of us so I think going to DTD and taking the bus or boat back will be the best option for us.

:):):)

Early morning walk to the Mill (Another humidity ate my lens shot)
IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Is that a natural foggy lense filter lol. Great pics we all know these things happen where you gt pulled away. It's cool. I just use your pics to carry me on until our trip. Is that bad?

I don't know what it is but I'm enjoying all these photos more then usual lately. I think it's because I'm feeling a little home sick for the sights, sounds and smells of my home away from home.

Will definitely be doing a happy dance tomorrow, will be a week away from arriving at POR!!!

:banana::banana:

Can anyone provide an update on the pool between bld 90 and 95 in the Magnolia Bend section? We are arriving on the 19th and were hoping to be in that area but didn't want to have the construction site and lack of quiet pool. I was by there last week and it didn't look to have much more to be finished. I think it was scheduled to be ready the 11th. Just looking for an update. Thanks.

IMG_1353.jpg

Wow. Don't worry about the foggy lens - it adds a wonderful dreamy quality to the scene. I love it!
Is that AB on the left?
It really brings back memories, especially the DSA where that guy is walking. I spent a lot of time at the DSA in front of Acadian House.
I don't smoke anymore (I quit 2 years ago. Don't miss it), but I do have fond memories of these areas and the people I met there.
Thank you for posting these photos.

After seeing Illuminations (we have a boat rented for the Illuminations Cruise), what would be the best way to get back to POR? Sounds like the busing is crazy after Illuminations because the whole place shuts down right afterwards. Is there boat service from the Yacht Club to POR?

Merilee

The boat service line at YC is a different route then the POR bus.

You can go to YC and take the DTD bus back and then the water taxi to POR. I do it from the BW all the time.

Well people come to get advice on their requests, tips etc. It doesn't matter if they want to be picky or not. But this site is for people to find out all the into they can to gain that knowledge. So please be positive towards them we all try to be nice to others, as well as I do think you take great shots so do feel free to post them. Great pics by the way.

Sorry. You are right. I think I just came so close to not being able to go that I just saw things differently. Hope you enjoy the pictures. The funny thing is I took a ton of pics on the morning I "thought" we were leaving only to go back to the resort (different section) for 3 more nights.:) So I took even more pics.

New lens??? THAT IS AWESOME. People put a lot of time and effort to get that effect! yours is NATURAL!
can't wait to see it for myself in 4 days!!!

Mo I wish we could go then too. I do hope you have fun and a safe time.

Disneyfan61
It's ok we all have them ups and downs with stuff like this. I mean last year we did I really late plan because we didn't believe we were going either.

You take some of the most amazing shots I really hope I can live up to the same level, but I know I have much to learn.

For those of you that have stayed at both POFQ and Riverside, can you tell me why you prefer Riverside?

We've always stayed on the FQ side in the past, and have never had any desire to try anything else. However, the week we want to go this year, we would need to pay rack rate at FQ. Riverside has either free dining, or the room discount available. I know it's crazy... but I'm still undecided. Please tell me what you love about Riverside!

TIA!

I've stayed at both and I really love POR better. There just seems to be alot more going on. When we stayed at POFQ I believe we were in building 5 and the noise from the hot tub kept me up late into the night. While POR is spreadout it does make it quieter. I also like the landscaping and the pool area better than POFQ.

For those of you that have stayed at both POFQ and Riverside, can you tell me why you prefer Riverside?

We've always stayed on the FQ side in the past, and have never had any desire to try anything else. However, the week we want to go this year, we would need to pay rack rate at FQ. Riverside has either free dining, or the room discount available. I know it's crazy... but I'm still undecided. Please tell me what you love about Riverside!

TIA!

We felt the same way as you with FQ but this was our first stay at POR because they had the rooms available for the AP discount. Well we loved it. The grounds are lush & beautiful, the food court has more choices. The make your own pasta was excellent, they have the sit down restaurant, & they have the quiet pools in addition to the bigger pool. The store is bigger. I really did not expect to like it as much as FQ but I liked it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter