Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how busy the dining hall usually is in the morning? And whether there's a peak time to avoid. Maybe the queues are never that bad. Also can you take food back to your room?

Another question (sorry first Disney World on property stay!) I've booked a King room, are they in every section? Where can I request a certain section, can I do it on the website or do I have to ring Disney?

Usually very busy! Obviously the peak hours will be from around 7-9 (ish)

Yes you can take food back to your room :) We find this a nice alternative to a busy food hall :)

I was wondering how busy the dining hall usually is in the morning? And whether there's a peak time to avoid. Maybe the queues are never that bad. Also can you take food back to your room?

Another question (sorry first Disney World on property stay!) I've booked a King room, are they in every section? Where can I request a certain section, can I do it on the website or do I have to ring Disney?

I know it can get busy, last year we had to scout tables while the other checked out. It was like going to the mall on black Friday waiting on a parking spot. Lol. I believe it was around 730-8am.

I don't know about the kings for sure. But I believe from what I remember reading here, kings will be available in all sections, except royal themed. Not 100% on that.

We've been in the food court around 8-8:30am, and while the lines for food weren't real bad - there was no place to sit. We had to wait and the run for the table when someone got up. I'd go either really early or maybe after park openings, it dies down. We did eat lunch there at an off time, like 2pm-ish, and it was empty.

And yes, PP is correct - king rooms are spread out and available everywhere, except royal rooms after they are complete. I believe there are still kings in oak manor and parterre place now if you're staying before they begin work on the royal rooms.

We've been in the food court around 8-8:30am, and while the lines for food weren't real bad - there was no place to sit. We had to wait and the run for the table when someone got up.

If that happens you can use the tables in Boatwright's as an overflow area. I find that after around 8.30am righht through until after 10am can get very busy in the food court, and if you can avoid those times you might do better.

You can take food back to your room too, or even buy cold items the night before and put them in the fridge (don't forget the extra bits - butter, cutlery, etc too!).

Andre

If that happens you can use the tables in Boatwright's as an overflow area.

This is a great tip, I never even gave that a thought. And I bet most other people wouldn't think about that either. No CMs say anything to you about this since Boatwright's isn't open?

We have booked 2 rooms at POR for my family of 5 and my brother's family of 4. They had to be done on seperate bookings but we have had them linked and have requested interconnecting rooms. My understanding is that because we are a family of 5 we will be in the Alligator Bayou section which is absolutely fine. Having looked at many room pictures I have never seen a door that would suggest interconnecting rooms, do they exist at POR and more specifically in AB Section? It's not a big deal if we don't have interconnecting rooms but hopefully we will be next to each other or at least close to each other as the kids are best friends so there will be much room swapping going on!

This is a great tip, I never even gave that a thought. And I bet most other people wouldn't think about that either. No CMs say anything to you about this since Boatwright's isn't open?

There is a sign on display at breakfast times telling you where the overflow seating can be found.

Andre

Having looked at many room pictures I have never seen a door that would suggest interconnecting rooms, do they exist at POR and more specifically in AB Section?

Yes, there are connecting rooms at POR and in the AB section - although I can't guarantee you'll get one of course.

Andre

There is actually a sign in the food courtsaying you can use Boatwright's in the morning! We did, though I think not that many read it because it was fairly empty while the main food court was packed!!:thumbsup2

We are thinking about staying at POR next year. We would need a room for a family of five. Can we still book a preferred room? Thanks!

We are thinking about staying at POR next year. We would need a room for a family of five. Can we still book a preferred room? Thanks!

You're in luck - the rooms that accommodate family of five are all in AB and the preferred rooms are all in AB as well! So yes!

There is a sign on display at breakfast times telling you where the overflow seating can be found.

Andre

we did the overflow to boatwrights a few times on our last trip... it was the only place we could find seating for 15! and it was quiet, we could talk, plan our day, etc... definitely a well kept "secret!" (even though it's "advertised" not many can be bothered i guess)

we did the overflow to boatwrights a few times on our last trip... it was the only place we could find seating for 15! and it was quiet, we could talk, plan our day, etc... definitely a well kept "secret!" (even though it's "advertised" not many can be bothered i guess)

Sometimes something like this is best kept out in front of everyone, sort of hiding something in plain site. We have done this a few times, and I agree about being able to talk without shouting.

I did not notice that sign about Boatwrights in the morning or I would definitely have taken advantage. Not that we had any trouble getting a table, but the peace and quiet would have been nice!

We just returned from a 10 night stay and we had breakfast at least 6 times at the food court. I didn't find it overwhelming at all and we had no trouble scoring a table. Yes, it was busy but not unmanageable; we were there a variety of times between 7:30 and 9 a.m. I believe that the yoghurt/snack section had the longest lineup on a regular basis but otherwise we just sailed through.

And yes, you can bring food back to your room. They even have large paper bags at the check out for carrying multiple meals in. We did this a couple of times....my DH went up and got breakfast, while I got myself and the girls ready for the day. No worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter