Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that could count as a person. But 6 you may have to get two rooms regardless.

I've called and attempted to book online and amazingly they are still letting me stay at AB with the 6 of us. They said that once DS turns 3 then we wouldn't be able to stay there. I'm confused because usually they still count the infant as a person because of firecodes, but Disney says we are fine...:confused3

I've called and attempted to book online and amazingly they are still letting me stay at AB with the 6 of us. They said that once DS turns 3 then we wouldn't be able to stay there. I'm confused because usually they still count the infant as a person because of firecodes, but Disney says we are fine...:confused3

I'm sorry, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. That is way too many people to be staying in one room. :eek:

You are fine! We have stayed at POR before with 6 and are booked for 6 again for November. We have 4 kids, one of which is still under 3. They will give you a room with a trundle. For us, it was plenty of room b/c before we had baby #4, we stayed value, and moderate offers more square footage. Enough that you notice, anyway, and you get a fridge.

I love POR! I think it is an awesome resort. Don't get me wrong - at the time, I did love ASMo and the Toy Story theme. At the time, I loved POP and the themeing. But moderates have a more relaxed feel and we love the slide. I don't know what we will do when we are officially 6 when the baby is 3. I don't want to go back to value! :scared1: Might not have a choice, but I sure hope we don't have to go off site b/c I would be sad.

As far as the trundle - no trundle - murphy bed rumors, it seems to me that if parties of 5 or more are being allowed to book, they will either have the trundle still or some other option. My question is though, if it is a murphy bed, where on earth would they put it? Maybe it will be a "bed" chair. Big enough for a child, but not an adult. They probably wouldn't have the bench in the room and maybe it would be configured differently, but that would probably fit better. :confused3

I'm sorry, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. That is way too many people to be staying in one room. :eek:

We never spend a lot of time in our room so to me I don't see this being an issue. We have stayed at both POP ans POR and much prefer POR due to the atmosphere and amenities.....to me having slightly cramped sleeping quarters is well worth the upgrade!

Have fun:goodvibes

I think that could count as a person. But 6 you may have to get two rooms regardless.

Not wishing to be critical, but under 3's do NOT count towards main room occupancy levels. So you could have two adults, three children and an infant in one AB room (as long as you all get on well, anyway!).

Andre

Not wishing to be critical, but under 3's do NOT count towards main room occupancy levels. So you could have two adults, three children and an infant in one AB room (as long as you all get on well, anyway!).

Andre

and just to split hairs... you can have ONE under three in a room and not have that person count towards the room count... but you cannot have a family of 7, w/two of those under 3, and still be able to occupy a room for five (i.e. POR AB)... so, under 3's do count if there is more than one of them!

They are doing away with the five sleeping arrangement rooms. No more trundles.:confused3

What!!!!

Not quite right, they are doing away with the trundles, but not the sleeping for 5, a much better option is coming. This rumor is driving me nuts!!

Oh good! I assumed they would have something because the website let me book a room for 5!! I am sure that wouldn't have been an option if they couldn't sleep us all! If anyone gets any pics of the sleepping arrangements will you post them, thanks :)

Garden are standard, they can give you a view of trees, ponds, or parking lots.
In 2012, I believe Garden view will be a booking category up from Standard this costing more money.

We're booked at POR checking in on Nov. 16th. We're a family of five and this was the most economical resort on property for a family of five, even cheaper than any Values.

Any chance that they'll have any rooms for five (with the trundle option) that will be refurbished by then?

Just wondering if I should hope or let it go now...

I did book preferred room for a beter location.

Thanks!
I don't believe any AB buildings will be done by then but don't quote me on that. I think I read that AB buildings begin at the end of October. If one is done by then, I don't know if it will be a preferred one. You'll definitely be in AB, being a party of 5 and booking preferred.

When I was at POR July 27-Aug 6th I asked a CM and manager about this rumor and they said yes they hope to get rid of the trundle...but to replace it with a better option, he claimed they were looking into murphy beds. This is the exact same thing I was told on the phone by a CM when I booked our next trip there for March. I dont care what they use as long as they keep some rooms for families of 5. I feel confident that they are not doing away with this option.
Murphy beds would be interesting. I wonder where they would put this in the room? I used to work in a luxury hotel chain (not Disney) and we had rooms with murphy beds, but they were all in the living room portion of suites. You need ample room to pull down a murphy bed from a wall unit, so I'm wondering how they will do this if true. I don't think it's set in stone that they are getting rid of the trundles, but they definitely will have an arrangement for 5 regardless.

That is because in the NFPA code (National Fire Protection Agency) it is expected that a child under the age of three would be carried by a parent or older child and will not hinder the room available in the exiting corridor.

and just to split hairs... you can have ONE under three in a room and not have that person count towards the room count... but you cannot have a family of 7, w/two of those under 3, and still be able to occupy a room for five (i.e. POR AB)... so, under 3's do count if there is more than one of them!

That is correct.

The NFPA code (National Fire Protection Act) assumes in terms of exiting in case of fire, there would be at least one parent that would carry out the an infant under the age of three - but cannot guarantee there would be TWO parents or two adults in the room who would be capable in case of a fire to carry both infants. Carrying infants does not interfere with the actual exiting corridor, a carried infant is not taking up extra space.

This was determined after several years of studying fires that have occurred in the past. NFPA codes are very fluid and are updated as fires occur and they continuet to try to prevent them.

Here are some pictures from last week as promised. :goodvibes

020.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

Their rules have been and still are 5 to a room at POR AB, UNLESS you have a child under 3, then you can have up to 6 in a room. This is no secret. Also, for the person saying who cares what WDW says, that is too many, think about it, if you still have a child in a playpen weather there are 2 of u or 5 others, that playpen takes up the same amount of room. If you are comfortable enough go for it. No reason for a 2nd room. We would never get a 2nd room, we are only in the room to sleep and shower when at WDW.

Our trip begins in 10 days!!! I am really excited to stay at POR but after reading stuff online, I'm starting to get worried about overcrowded buses. We have stayed all over property, even Caribbean Beach (which a lot of people don't like but we love) and haven't had an issue. The more I read, the more it feels like POR has the worst bus service. Is this true, especially for the time we are going? I know there can be glitches and I am ok with that but I don't want awful service everytime i want to go somewhere and thats what I keep reading, it seems like.

We paid for a River view and I'm really hoping for AB. I didnt request a specific building in AB but we will see if they at least give us AB.

Our trip begins in 10 days!!! I am really excited to stay at POR but after reading stuff online, I'm starting to get worried about overcrowded buses. We have stayed all over property, even Caribbean Beach (which a lot of people don't like but we love) and haven't had an issue. The more I read, the more it feels like POR has the worst bus service. Is this true, especially for the time we are going? I know there can be glitches and I am ok with that but I don't want awful service everytime i want to go somewhere and thats what I keep reading, it seems like.
We paid for a River view and I'm really hoping for AB. I didnt request a specific building in AB but we will see if they at least give us AB.

We stay at POR every year at this time, and the only issue we've really ever had with the busses is coming back from a water park. It seems they reduce the scheduled trips after Labor day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter