Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked into POR at 10AM this morning, new room in Acadian :cheer2: AND an upgrade to water view, so we're nice and close to quiet pool & bridge. perfect location. If I look across pool I can see our room we stayed in at Mag. Terrace.

So enough of the small talk :laughing: The new rooms are beautiful. Soft green walls, white marble floor tiles in bathroom, really nice matching room divider curtain(closing off sink area) and tub curtain. New air conditioner units with wall mount temp control, LG flat screen TV, nice console/dresser, med. wood.
I thought I'd hate the head boards, but after seeing them, they're o.k. ;)

Great sinks WITH shelf underneath, a white marble/granite? top.

I don't know if I can send pics to someone to post for me, because I have only 1 bar on my internet stick, and that;s with sitting outside the room as I am now, on the walkway :rolleyes: so don't know how long the pics would take to send! Prob a week :rotfl: May splurge for a 24 hr internet connection just to get some pics out.

Checked into POR at 10AM this morning, new room in Acadian :cheer2: AND an upgrade to water view, so we're nice and close to quiet pool & bridge. perfect location. If I look across pool I can see our room we stayed in at Mag. Terrace.

So enough of the small talk :laughing: The new rooms are beautiful. Soft green walls, white marble floor tiles in bathroom, really nice matching room divider curtain(closing off sink area) and tub curtain. New air conditioner units with wall mount temp control, LG flat screen TV, nice console/dresser, med. wood.

I don't know if I can send pics to someone to post for me, because I have only 1 bar on my internet stick, and that;s with sitting outside the room as I am now, on the walkway :rolleyes: so don't know how long the pics would take to send! Prob a week :rotfl: May splurge for a 24 hr internet connection just to get some pics out.

Woohoo!!!!! :worship: Thanks for the quick update!!! I know we'd all love some pictures, but don't get the internet JUST for that purpose!!! I wish I was at POR right now!!! :thumbsup2

Okay, to all the folks down there this week, I hope you have a wonderful time.

And if no one gets pictures, then the walk back to the ME bus won't be the only walk of shame.....:lmao:

I'm just saying......

yeah, yeah, :rotfl: I have no bars with my lousy T Mobile stick, I think I'll have to splurge on a WDW connection for 24 hrs so I can send some pics.
Right now I've pulled my room chair onto the walkway, just to get 1 bar. Inside room zero bars :sad2:

Glad to hear you made it down! Don't worry about pics, we'll be here when you return-- tapping our foot waiting... ;)

Enjoy yourself Sue!

Hi Sue

Thanks for the update on the rooms! Looks like it's very hot there today. Hope you have a great time. How long are you staying for?

We check in tomorrow, fingers crossed we get a room in Acadian House too!!! See if they can save one for me??!!!

Yeah I plan on just tethering my droid3 to my laptop and sending when I get there. I always have full signal there with Verizon.

I know what you mean.

I work for T-Mobile. I get 2000 minutes a month and unlimited data all for $10 monthly. I get that for my kids. But me....

I use VERIZON just like you!!! LOL! :lmao:

Yeah I saw that also. Do you have a weatherbug watching Disney also?

I do most of my web surfing (about 99%) on my iPad. So every once in a while I'll click on the Weather Eye app that I have defaulted to Orlando. If there is a weather warning the app will let me know by poping up a small window. Today it went up to 30c/86 but felt like 39c/102 UV index of 10. For a northern boy like my thats just cruel.

DD and I arrive in 8 days:banana: <--- single digit dance!

We arrive on a Sunday we would love a refurbished room we put in our request months ago.

Do you think arriving on a Sunday will help our chances? I'm thinking a lot of families will be checking out that morning.

(still waiting for some quality refurbished room photos)

We will also be arriving early on a Sunday (but not in just 7 days!) and I am wondering the same thing.

I have not put in any requests because I don't know what to request! I prefer the exteriors of the AB buildings to MB, but I prefer the interiors of MB to AB! A corner room would be nice, but if I put that I'll most likely end up in AB! I'd love a refurbished room, but I haven't stayed in one of the current rooms, so if I get one, it gives me a reason to go back and it'd be like staying in a new resort.... :upsidedow

We will also be arriving early on a Sunday (but not in just 7 days!) and I am wondering the same thing.

I have not put in any requests because I don't know what to request! I prefer the exteriors of the AB buildings to MB, but I prefer the interiors of MB to AB! A corner room would be nice, but if I put that I'll most likely end up in AB! I'd love a refurbished room, but I haven't stayed in one of the current rooms, so if I get one, it gives me a reason to go back and it'd be like staying in a new resort.... :upsidedow

IMO it's MB all the way. I much prefer the look of interiors and exteriors.

How many in your party? I could be wrong about this but I belive the corner rooms all have a single king bed.

I'm thinking becuse we are a group of only two (DD & myself) that we will not be put in a refurbished room because of the queen beds.

Not all of the corner rooms have king beds, when I was younger my family of 4 would always request a corner room for more light and I'm they were always able to honor that request with 2 doubles. I do know many of the king rooms are corners, not sure if all are or not.

Another angle
IMG_1518.jpg

IMO it's MB all the way. I much prefer the look of interiors and exteriors.

How many in your party? I could be wrong about this but I belive the corner rooms all have a single king bed.

I'm thinking becuse we are a group of only two (DD & myself) that we will not be put in a refurbished room because of the queen beds.

We have 2 adults in our party. We are not paying for a king bed room. (Isn't that an upgrade?) At CBR back in 2007 I reserved a standard room and ended up in a corner, king bed room. :thumbsup2

There don't appear to be many corners in the MB buildings, so if we request a corner for more light, we'd probably end up in AB by default.

On the flip side of your only two and getting doubles, the vast majority (all?) families of 5 will be sent to AB.

I was thinking of requesting the Magnolia Terrace building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter