Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I have Tracphones as well; we love them! And I agree, it is so much easier now to add minutes to them. We just bought new ones for Christmas and they're way easier to load minutes to. A lot of friends have switched from their expensive cell phones to Tracphones.

Okay, to all the folks down there this week, I hope you have a wonderful time.

And if no one gets pictures, then the walk back to the ME bus won't be the only walk of shame.....:lmao:

I'm just saying......

:rotfl: I know, dying to see the new rooms!!

I had called WDW about reservations here and I was discouraged by friends who visited previously because its 'outdated'. So we stayed our short visit at French Quarter (we did CB last summer, fun, but he didn't love it). My 7 yr old (son) is an old soul & his heart was broken. HE LOVES RIVERSIDE. :cloud9: The buildings, the landscaping, everything. so our trip next summer will be here! And I think I will be surprising him with this one!
I'll be checking back regularly looking for updated pics.....I never can wait! lol

thanks for the info!

We've booked this week for a trip to POR, so excited! Although it's not until september 2012 so feels like ages to wait!

That's what I want to know, too! I had looked online one day and they had the Princess room showing up - I was super excited! I hadn't seen them before when I ran trips for our spring visit... then all of a sudden there they appeared. Come to find out, I had entered info for 4 people, not 5. So it must have been in the mansion rooms.... I'd like to see how they redecorate the Bayou rooms. We are a family of 5, so that is where we have to be. I didnt care if the rooms were too princessy for my boys or not - it sounded fun and I was going to have one. :(

Has anyone seen any pictures of the princess rooms? I'd love to see them!

There are no actual pictures of them yet, as they have not even been started. BUT... Portorleans.org has some concept pictures posted, and they are lovely:

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

:cool1: We just officially booked our spring 2012 trip! We'll be staying in POR and hopefully in Magnolia Bend! Based on the refurb calendar, the mansions should all be completed when we arrive.

I am just so excited! It's been 19 years since my last trip and this will be the first one for my children!!!

We will be in AB this Dec 3- 12 because we are a family of five. I have a feeling that the room will be super small for us and all of our stuff. We had no spare space with 4 in POFQ two years ago. But we are not in the room much!

When will AB be redone? Wish Disney had nicer family of 5 moderate accomodations. I think we will enjoy POR though. It look quiet and we like quiet.

Congrats Sue on heading towards WDW. Can't wait to hear how things go.

IMG_1515-1.jpg

And if no one gets pictures, then the walk back to the ME bus won't be the only walk of shame.....:lmao:

I'll be there on Monday for 9 days (I fly back to Orlando from the D23 Expo on Sunday night) and I will be aiming to get some nice room photos, and hopefully some info on what's going to be happening in the AB rooms too.

Andre

We will be in AB this Dec 3- 12 because we are a family of five. I have a feeling that the room will be super small for us and all of our stuff. We had no spare space with 4 in POFQ two years ago. But we are not in the room much!

When will AB be redone? Wish Disney had nicer family of 5 moderate accomodations. I think we will enjoy POR though. It look quiet and we like quiet.

Disney does offer the family suites at ASMu (and soon to be AoA) and they are roomier than POR... there are also the cabins at Ft Wilderness... we, too, are a fam of 5 and prefer taking two rooms when we go, as we are space hogs and the kids don't like sharing beds, etc... two value rooms (or the suite) could work well for you! :)

I just picked up the Nikon 3100 earlier this year and love it.
I'll be taking it with me for our next trip.

DD and I arrive in 8 days:banana: <--- single digit dance!

We arrive on a Sunday we would love a refurbished room we put in our request months ago.

Do you think arriving on a Sunday will help our chances? I'm thinking a lot of families will be checking out that morning.

(still waiting for some quality refurbished room photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter