Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
any way you could buy them online and have them shipped to you so you'd already have them when you get to orlando?

They won't sell me airtime on line or the cards on line because my MasterCard is billed to a Canadian address. When you fill out the form for your billing address the pull down menu only has the US states as an option.

They sure make it hard for me to give them my money, eh? I don't even know why they need my billing address, it's not like they are sending me a bill MasterCard is.

Sorry if this was already asked somewhere. Are all the mansions rooms being converted into royal type of rooms?

Jungles of the Bayou
IMG_1187.jpg

Stunning. You are a really talented photographer.

They won't sell me airtime on line or the cards on line because my MasterCard is billed to a Canadian address. When you fill out the form for your billing address the pull down menu only has the US states as an option.

They sure make it hard for me to give them my money, eh? I don't even know why they need my billing address, it's not like they are sending me a bill MasterCard is.

I got a T-Mobile stick for my macbook when I crossed the border in Seattle before my flight. It works o.k. for most sights EXCEPT for my Shaw e mail :confused: I can get mail, but can't respond or SEND mail :sad2: After an hour each on tec support for Shaw, & T-Mobile there's nothing they can do :mad:
T Mobile says it works with everything else, but not every web site is supported. I guess Shaw Web Mail isn't.
I just got a G mail address, so guess I'll use that.
Sucked up buying my Telus US roaming pass for text & phone. Everyone knows that # and didn't want to hassle with getting another #. :confused3

Are you taking the DME? We should be on the bus to POR around 11:45 am :banana:

No, we're in St. Pete Beach at the moment, de-stressing after Ft. Lauderdale visit :laughing: so we'll be driving in with car rental. Then I plan on dumping rental the next day at Disney CCC. :goodvibes

KCmike can't wait, we'll be walking that path soon :)

I can't believe there are no new room photos? No disers having a stay now in a new room????
Well, don't have long to wait. Sat we check into POR :goodvibes Enjoying the Gulf Coast now, de-stressing :laughing:

Hello all, been following this thread for quite some time now..thanks for all the great info!! We've just booked POR Oct 20-24th, and I'm out of my mind excited!!:banana: We've loved POR since the Dixie Landings days!

Can't wait to see the new mansion rooms,,hoping to score one during our visit.

I can't believe there are no new room photos? No disers having a stay now in a new room????
Well, don't have long to wait. Sat we check into POR :goodvibes Enjoying the Gulf Coast now, de-stressing :laughing:

Well it seems there are at least 5 or 6 of us checking into POR over the next few days. Hoping to get a rehab room! There should be pics sometime within the next week, depending if fellow DISers have a computer with them or not (I won't :(). Two day countdown for me :banana:

I'll be at my favorite place in the world in just 20 days :banana:. I just can't wait to walk those paths, swim in that pool, and get a salad at the food court. I'm even looking forward to buying my refillable mugs. We're planning on spending our first day at the resort just to relax and get our fill of POR. Otherwise, I'll be thinking about it while we're in the parks :rotfl:.

Judging by your signature, you're going in September? PP is correct that Parterre Place is the closest to POFQ. The rooms are not renovated yet, if that's a concern. If you're asking for a future trip that happens to be in 2012, Parterre Place is being converted to all royal rooms which will be a separate booking category.

Thanks! We are going this September-We weren't able to get POFQ with a AP discount so we switched to POR. My sister and her husband will be in POFQ- coning in from your neck of the woods-Niagara County,NY:)
I'm torn between trying for a refurbed room with a queen sized bed and trying for the closest to French quarter. I think I can stand a bit more walking if I can have a little more stretch room at night though:)

can you buy them w/a paypal account? how much are they?

Hi ya'll...I just need to get verification from the experts.;)

I called the Disney Travel Co to add a request to our reservation. I asked to possibly be in the new royal rooms. The CM said that they were a seperate, more expensive category, then told me they didn't have any rooms available anyway.

Is it true that the royal rooms are a different category? I wouldn't mind paying a little more, but I haven't heard this from anyone on the Boards yet (unless I missed it)

I called the Disney Travel Co to add a request to our reservation. I asked to possibly be in the new royal rooms. The CM said that they were a seperate, more expensive category, then told me they didn't have any rooms available anyway.

Is it true that the royal rooms are a different category? I wouldn't mind paying a little more, but I haven't heard this from anyone on the Boards yet (unless I missed it)

Yes, they most definitely are a new and more expensive category and are available starting in Feb.

Thanks! We are going this September-We weren't able to get POFQ with a AP discount so we switched to POR. My sister and her husband will be in POFQ- coning in from your neck of the woods-Niagara County,NY:)
I'm torn between trying for a refurbed room with a queen sized bed and trying for the closest to French quarter. I think I can stand a bit more walking if I can have a little more stretch room at night though:)

Ahh tell your sister and her husband to bring back some nice weather with them! ;) I say request Magnolia Terrace if you don't mind a little extra walking. It should be done by the time you go and at that point, will be the closest refurbished building to POFQ. It's a slightly longer walk than Parterre but I think the new rooms will be worth it :thumbsup2

Yes, the most definitely are a new and more expensive category and are available starting in Feb.

Yeah I back that up and the first ones won't be available til Jan, 21st if they don't fall behind that is.

(Strait from Disney World's Site) This is what the rates would be that first week:

Royal Guest Room - Standard View
$234

Royal Guest Room - River View
$264

Royal Guest Room - Garden View
$244

Royal Guest Room - Water View
$259

Yes, as PPs said it will be their own booking category at a higher price. Similar to the pirate rooms at CBR. When are you going? They're only available for booking for stays after March 2012. Work commences on them in January 2012, and will be done by early March if they stay on schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter