• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, You can ship the box from the gift shop or front desk. You have to pack it, fill out shipping paperwork, and pay for it.

Since you have a teen child going with you, she can watch the younger ones at the movie, then, they can join you at Yee Haw Bob, hit the arcade or head back to the room.

You are going to LOVE POR. At least once during your stay, that you will realize that you are walking the grounds a little bit slower. And, "no", it's not due to all the walking we do in WDW. It's because the grounds are just that beautiful, that you want to take them in as much as possible.

The pictures are great. But when you are actually there... And surrounded by the scenery, the smells, and the sounds (and some times absence of sounds), it really is something else.

This is a good idea. MIL will also be there and is planning that the kids will sleep in her room that night. (She bought them tiaras and pajamas and is really excited to have a special weekend with them.) Perhaps DH & I will just go to the show while they watch the movie and enjoy an entire evening without the kids. :thumbsup2

As a family of 5, unless we want to pay for deluxe or two rooms I think POR is going to be our new "home" so I am really hoping that we all love it. We really like the moderate resorts because we go for longer trips and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. It sounds like POR will be perfect.

Which is better for additional storage in the new rooms- shoe organizer on the bathroom door or small containers on the shelf below the sinks?

For those of you that have had 5 in the rooms with the murphy beds, did you feel crowded? Was there room for the suitcases/clothes? We might be moving our trip to a different month and adding my nephew so thinking about POR.

As a family of 5, unless we want to pay for deluxe or two rooms I think POR is going to be our new "home" so I am really hoping that we all love it. We really like the moderate resorts because we go for longer trips and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. It sounds like POR will be perfect.

This is why POR is our home resort. I was seriously considering AoA and really, really wanted to stay there next year, but it costs approx. $1,200 more for my family and, if & when FD comes around, it will only be quick service not the regular dining plan.

Besides, we really have fallen in love with it. Hubby & I take a walk to the main bldg almost every night by ourselves to get food for the family. It's nice for us to have that quiet stroll together. :)

For those of you that have had 5 in the rooms with the murphy beds, did you feel crowded? Was there room for the suitcases/clothes? We might be moving our trip to a different month and adding my nephew so thinking about POR.

For us it was a little tight but fine. No storage was tough. However the price difference between that and FW (before AoA) was $900, totally worth the price.

Not sure, I've read that too but never actually heard from someone who did it. There is one in the food court though.

I'll have to ask when we go end of next May and then post what happened, unless someone is there before then and asks to get one (maybe just to see what they say):confused3

Not sure, I've read that too but never actually heard from someone who did it. There is one in the food court though.

Or in my case, two or three... :)

Andre

Talking to my friend there in you know where. They still do offer the microwave but it is first come first served. So if they are out then just ask each day your there and they will see about getting you one.

DSCN5445.jpg

OOHH AND AAHH! This picture is a perfect example of why we love POR around here! :goodvibes

I've said this before but we did surprisingly well with 5. In the past we got 2 rooms and it just isn't in the budget if we're going to go yearly. I was dreading the tight quarters because my kids are used to their own spaces . They're 11, 12 and 15. We discussed it ahead of time so every one was aware of the tight space and shock of all shocks, we did great! I honestly think it's your mindset going in to it. As a PP stated, there is a huge cost difference between POR and the next choice for a family of 5. We even had an air mattress with us because my kids don't want to share a bed anymore.

This is why POR is our home resort. I was seriously considering AoA and really, really wanted to stay there next year, but it costs approx. $1,200 more for my family and, if & when FD comes around, it will only be quick service not the regular dining plan.

Besides, we really have fallen in love with it. Hubby & I take a walk to the main bldg almost every night by ourselves to get food for the family. It's nice for us to have that quiet stroll together. :)

This is our reason for going to POR now too. My youngest will be 3 on our next trip and I think this will be perfect for us. We normally do CBR but I am really excited to try POR. And I can justify the price difference for AoA.

Gorechick said:
Do the royal rooms have a spot to plug in multiple electronics chargers? Do I have to pack a power strip?

Bring a power strip.

We definitely needed one--charging phones, camera batteries, etc.

So excited got my packet in the mail from WDW for our stay at POR in Sept! :cool1: This will be our first visit to POR, this thread helped me decide to try it.

Pulled out the luggage to air it out. Determined to be packed before the day before. Less than 2 weeks to go!

How often do you take the boat to Downtown Disney? We will go twice for dinner (T-Rex, Raglan Road) but also want to check out the new Splitsville bowling place that's opening this Fall. We enjoyed the outdoor live bands at DD on our last trip. Parks will close early in January so I don't want to give up a lot of park time. Do some nights have more live music outside at DD? I'm guessing it would be Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks!

Talking to my friend there in you know where. They still do offer the microwave but it is first come first served. So if they are out then just ask each day your there and they will see about getting you one.

Thanks for finding out. We'll have to ask then, when we were at Disney in '07we stayed at OKW in a studio and loved having the microwave there so we could just pull out a mini pizza in the night if we were hungry (or anything else that needed heating up), and not have to go anywhere to heat it up.

If we can't get one that's fine also but it doesn't hurt to ask.:thumbsup2

I am so looking forward to next May to going back to the world and staying at POR, it is so pretty there.

Thanks for finding out. We'll have to ask then, when we were at Disney in '07we stayed at OKW in a studio and loved having the microwave there so we could just pull out a mini pizza in the night if we were hungry (or anything else that needed heating up), and not have to go anywhere to heat it up.

If we can't get one that's fine also but it doesn't hurt to ask.:thumbsup2

I am so looking forward to next May to going back to the world and staying at POR, it is so pretty there.

Yeah you can also have either your travel agent or call Disney and have them attach that you want a microwave request attached to your reservation.

Hi All...I just got back this past Thursday from 10 days @ POR. All I can say is that it was HOT in July/August....won't be coming down in the summer again. Our room was lovely in The Magnolia section, garden room 8554 (I think). Very convenient --1st floor room , close to Bridge, quiet pool, main pool and as close as we could possibly be to the Food Court,considering we had a garden view room. I was very pleased with the room and location !!! :cool1: I did call in 3 days prior and put in my requests and happily they were granted !

Now the main reason I am writing is to see if anyone here on the Disboards would know what the "bathroom vanity"...double -sink and counter top was made out of. It was a very pretty white with grey/black specs and silver shiny particles...any ideas? Do you think it's Corian ? I loved it and would love to get something similar for my bathroom vanity at home.

Please let me know about the vanity , if you familiar with it. Any new pics would be helpful, too ......Thanks :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter