Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
is building 14 the closest to Old Man Island, or is it actually building 27 due to it's proximity to the foot bridge on that side?

It's so close that it would depend on where in each building your room was located, there's very little in it to be honest. 14 would probably be better overall though, as it's also closer to the food court.

Some rooms in 38 can be very close for the pool too, but the absolute closest would be a northern-wing-end room in Magnolia Terrace.

Andre

I am sure this has been asked somewhere in this thread already so, please excuse me. How is the storage space in the Royal Guest Rooms? Will there be enough space to store 3 to 4 suitcases (1 large, 3 max. carry on size), enough closet space and drawer space for 4, etc.? I just want to be prepared and not shocked by space (or lack there of).

We just decided to change our reservations to POR... Planning on a river view room in oak manor or magnolia terrace (trying to decide if we should do royal rooms or not). BUT just had someone say noise from the boats at POFQ was awful on river... And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

someone has probably already mentioned by oak manor is ONLY Royal Rooms now.
We just stayed there and in our room, we heard nothing other than an ocasional faint beep from the boat horn.

It's so close that it would depend on where in each building your room was located, there's very little in it to be honest. 14 would probably be better overall though, as it's also closer to the food court.

Some rooms in 38 can be very close for the pool too, but the absolute closest would be a northern-wing-end room in Magnolia Terrace.

Andre

Thank you Andre!

Wow who ever before mentioned not getting too much sleep at night, last night was a killer again for me. Asleep around 2 and then back up at 7. Not feeling so good.

Wow who ever before mentioned not getting too much sleep at night, last night was a killer again for me. Asleep around 2 and then back up at 7. Not feeling so good.

Me too! But I'm ok, I run on adrenalin :thumbsup2 Oh, and no water from 10am-4pm today, county are digging/fixing/on a treasure hunt ... who knows :confused3

Do you think I could arrange with the Front Desk to have a card left in my parents room for their anniversary (42yrs yay!) from a character?

They would love that especially my Mum :goodvibes

Do you think I could arrange with the Front Desk to have a card left in my parents room for their anniversary (42yrs yay!) from a character?

They would love that especially my Mum :goodvibes

I think yes you can leave a message for them in the system, it only takes them a minute to code a new card to your room for them. So I don't think they will just have a card sitting at the desk, it is more of a security issue for your belongings. Someone else could pick it up.

I think yes you can leave a message for them in the system, it only takes them a minute to code a new card to your room for them. So I don't think they will just have a card sitting at the desk, it is more of a security issue for your belongings. Someone else could pick it up.

I think they meant like a greeting card... lol. I understand about the lack of sleep. Ended up crashing really early last night to make up for a couple days of 4 hour.

I think they meant like a greeting card... lol. I understand about the lack of sleep. Ended up crashing really early last night to make up for a couple days of 4 hour.

Wow your right I missed that big time. Yeah you can have someone at front desk put a card in there!

My ressie's are made for a Royal Room Garden View the last week in November :cool1: The question is should I call back and request which building? Is one really better than the other? We will be driving down so no concern about walking from lobby or depot to "home". I had planned on requesting Oak when I made the ressie, but was having a hard time understanding the CM on the phone, so didn't get to it. Now I am wondering if it really matters, should I just leave it to chance?

Very excited to be staying somewhere new!

Don't feel bad. I have an entire binder filled with printouts, maps, reservations, calendars with itineraries...etc. I'm OCD though and LOVE to plan!

:lmao:I do too! A whole red folder. I'm even getting ready to decorate the cover. We ARE sick, aren't we? :lmao:

Andre

I loved that Magnolia Terrace location, and the wing in Acadian House across the quiet pool we had last time was also wonderful. We could see our old room from it, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter