• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tri-Fold huh... We just use a mini planner usually in the school supplies area like now in every Walmart. Just write it all down and let the rest just happen.

Thats how it started .... then I got to thinking wouldn't it be nice for everyone to have one. I haven't included rides or anything, just key times like parades, ADRs, shows etc.

It looks really nice :teeth:

Thats how it started .... then I got to thinking wouldn't it be nice for everyone to have one. I haven't included rides or anything, just key times like parades, ADRs, shows etc.

It looks really nice :teeth:

Should let us see a preview.

I don't mind having one planner. We are all together all the time in the parks. I let her plan it all and I carry everything on my back lol.

Hoping for FD too in February - without blackout dates during my stay.
So would it be "unreasonable" that you would share the private postcard; say with a few friends in this thread. :rolleyes1

Then we shall have to add "TRANSFERABLE" to our wish list. :thumbsup2

Arrgggh pesky DISboards :mad:

So, I went as a kid (1980 & 1988 - shush your comments! :p)

It was a first trip for hubby and daughter last year and first for all staying on-site. It was *sings* M-A-G-I-C-A-L :cloud9:

This time, because of these wonderful DISboards I decided to 'plan' better.

I am ashamed to say I have CREATED A TRI-FOLD PLANNER that has each days schedules, then sections with TIPS, ADRs numbers. IT EVEN HAS AN AWESOME FRONT COVER DESIGN.

Pesky DISboards :mad:

:teeth:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE.

:rotfl:

I had a 30% off Deluxe Pin and 20% off of moderate for September to November but I don't think we can transfer them.

We just decided to change our reservations to POR... Planning on a river view room in oak manor or magnolia terrace (trying to decide if we should do royal rooms or not). BUT just had someone say noise from the boats at POFQ was awful on river... And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

The boats turn and stop just opposite Oak, so they don't carry on past Magnolia and Acadian. And anyway, you'll hardly notice the noise with the door shut anyway - it's never bothered us in river-front rooms in Parterre or Oak anyway.

Andre

We just decided to change our reservations to POR... Planning on a river view room in oak manor or magnolia terrace (trying to decide if we should do royal rooms or not). BUT just had someone say noise from the boats at POFQ was awful on river... And don't he same boats go by the river view rooms for oak manor and magnolia? Would love opinions and experiences from anyone who's stayed there.

I stayed in the oak building now aka royal rooms and not once did i hear the boats in my room so i would not worry about that.

Thanks!

How is the hot tub? Is it a decent size? DH has back issues that pop up with a lot of walking... Hot tubs save him at Disney!

Im booked for POR Jan 26th through Feb 3rd. Its my 2nd stay at POR, but first for everyone else in the party. Going to be my DH, 2 sisters and 4 year old nephew. I havent told the one sis, that we are paying for the other sis to go (shes poor, and i dont want her to miss out), but imagine that both sis's will be okay because we should have enough airline mines to fly everyone down free!!!

Im trying very hard not to overplan, because we are the, go to the parks mid morning, take a break for lunch, go back to the parks in the evening type. But now I have the arrival day fully planned out and with ADRs ... slowly planning out each day, which could change, when magic hours come out.

Thanks for all the info here, and for the links to the portorleans site. Amazingly helpful. So excited. :banana:

Anyone know if they sell whole milk and what size. I will be heading out there in 12 days and I can't wait to surprise my family.

Thanks!

How is the hot tub? Is it a decent size? DH has back issues that pop up with a lot of walking... Hot tubs save him at Disney!

It is decent sized, I just never seem to find it without being loaded with people. Probably just the times I went to go get in it.

It was a first trip for hubby and daughter last year and first for all staying on-site. It was *sings* M-A-G-I-C-A-L :cloud9:

I am ashamed to say I have CREATED A TRI-FOLD PLANNER :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:that has each days schedules, then sections with TIPS, ADRs numbers. IT EVEN HAS AN AWESOME FRONT COVER DESIGN.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And I thought my spreadsheet planning was bad!! ;)

I am ashamed to say I have CREATED A TRI-FOLD PLANNER that has each days schedules, then sections with TIPS, ADRs numbers. IT EVEN HAS AN AWESOME FRONT COVER DESIGN.

Don't feel bad. I have an entire binder filled with printouts, maps, reservations, calendars with itineraries...etc. I'm OCD though and LOVE to plan!

Ok, I've studied the maps but I need the opinion of those who have stayed on the AB side, in the preferred buildings, is building 14 the closest to Old Man Island, or is it actually building 27 due to it's proximity to the foot bridge on that side?

Don't feel bad. I have an entire binder filled with printouts, maps, reservations, calendars with itineraries...etc. I'm OCD though and LOVE to plan!

My Dad does that so I was trying to prove I was nothing like him- he has a huge folder for vacations ..... but by me trying to go the opposite, has ended up as something a print manager would be proud of :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter