Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
When faxing in suggestions for room locations >5 days before check in, what is best format to send ? I assume 1 page, with reservation confirmation number from disney? my name, and perferred location at the resort? Any other pointers?

My wife said to have my DS4 draw a picture to suck up to the CM who checks the fax :rotfl: Any other tips?

I'm used to booking with AAA because we book so many rooms in our grand gathering it's easier to have them take care of the ressie, and then I keep an eye out for promos and we cancel and re-book the package.
I asked them if they have a room-only discount and they said no :confused3, they only have discounts on their packages (although in my experience AAA packages are not really less than Disneys non-discounted packages), they just a few things in).

Did you book with Disney online or over phone to get the room-only AAA discount, and do you mind me asking what % off you got off the 2013 rates?

Thanks!

Ok just got off the phone with AAA and they've applied the 10% rate discount; the rep told me she was glad I called as she realized she didn't have the correct discounts applied. No, I'm glad I called and glad I was reading this thread today!::yes::

Ok just got off the phone with AAA and they've applied the 10% rate discount; the rep told me she was glad I called as she realized she didn't have the correct discounts applied. No, I'm glad I called and glad I was reading this thread today!::yes::

Indeed, I have had to point a few things out to our rep on a few different trips. Not trying to tell them how to do their thing but come one set yourself some reminders, and check then re-check peoples plans. Geeeeeese. lol:lmao:

:thumbsup2

When faxing in suggestions for room locations >5 days before check in, what is best format to send ? I assume 1 page, with reservation confirmation number from disney? my name, and perferred location at the resort? Any other pointers?

My wife said to have my DS4 draw a picture to suck up to the CM who checks the fax :rotfl: Any other tips?

My only pointer is to make the letter friendly. Tell them you are looking forward to staying at POR and give a reason for you room request. It is better to keep it simple.

All sounds good to me. The basic details are as you have mentioned, but it's not a bad idea to outline WHY you are making the requests rather than just a building number for example. That allows them to make the best choices to help you out. I wouldn't make it too long (the quicker they can deal with it, the better of course) and be enthusiastic. I love the idea of adding a drawing from your son - especially if you get him to do something about the resort (maybe a house by the river and the waterwheel?).

Andre

Does anyone know when POR decorates for Christmas? We are really looking forward to our stay. We were lucky and got in on the free dining a couple of days ago.:cool1:

I recently booked POR with the river view category. I requested to be in the AB area. I really don't like the Mansions part of POR (based on internet pictures) and I know that AB is just a request. Looking at the map of POR it appears that most of the river view is the preferred rooms in AB and the mansions. Would I have a better chance of getting AB if I requested a garden view room? It would appear there are more garden view rooms than river view in AB. I didn't want to book preferred because it might be a view of the parking lot and being close really doesn't matter to me. We are a family of 3 adults. Your thoughts? (we are going December 9 - 14)

did anyone help you? I wanted to make sure you got a response :) andre? anyone??

Hi! :wave2: We are staying for the first time at POR- Royal this year. We had planned on WL then opted for moderate after some storm damage busted the vacation budget. However, after looking at pics of POR I am quite happy with the change. My problem now is deciding on the view. We normally stay standard at CSR, requesting the Cabanas. We have been lucky to get a room with a tropical view and a "pond". Not to be picky, but I don't want to see the parking lot accept when we park and leave. I am planning on requesting Oak (unless I should request Parterre?). I guess I am just a bit confused after looking at the map. Are all the rooms facing the river in the Oak mansion, river view? The ones facing the parking lot are standard? Where are the garden views?
Since we just switched resorts last week (storm hit June 29) I haven't read up on POR as much as I would have liked. I hope to do a lot of reading in the next couple weeks but want to book today if possible. TIA for suggestions!! :goodvibes

Hi! :wave2: We are staying for the first time at POR- Royal this year. We had planned on WL then opted for moderate after some storm damage busted the vacation budget. However, after looking at pics of POR I am quite happy with the change. My problem now is deciding on the view. We normally stay standard at CSR, requesting the Cabanas. We have been lucky to get a room with a tropical view and a "pond". Not to be picky, but I don't want to see the parking lot accept when we park and leave. I am planning on requesting Oak (unless I should request Parterre?). I guess I am just a bit confused after looking at the map. Are all the rooms facing the river in the Oak mansion, river view? The ones facing the parking lot are standard? Where are the garden views?
Since we just switched resorts last week (storm hit June 29) I haven't read up on POR as much as I would have liked. I hope to do a lot of reading in the next couple weeks but want to book today if possible. TIA for suggestions!! :goodvibes

We've also booked POR for our trip after 3 stays @ CSR the last several years. We reserved the Royal rooms too, which are newly refurbished in Oak Manor and Parterre Place only. There is a surcharge. We booked a river view in hopes of being closer to the front of the building (another surcharge!) and access to one of the bridges to the main building. From what I understand they do have water view, garden view and standard (parking lot view). Andre's site portorleans.org is a great site to research. Good luck! :)

My only pointer is to make the letter friendly. Tell them you are looking forward to staying at POR and give a reason for you room request. It is better to keep it simple.

All sounds good to me. The basic details are as you have mentioned, but it's not a bad idea to outline WHY you are making the requests rather than just a building number for example. That allows them to make the best choices to help you out. I wouldn't make it too long (the quicker they can deal with it, the better of course) and be enthusiastic. I love the idea of adding a drawing from your son - especially if you get him to do something about the resort (maybe a house by the river and the waterwheel?).

Andre

Awesome! Thank you so much, ill post plenty of pictures after my stay!!

I called disney direct and asked for a room only with the AAA rate. I believe it was only 10% off...7 nts, came to 1,383.14 for april 13-20th.

I called WDW for an AAA rate for POR GV room (then switched to FQ GV) and paid $1588 (incl tax) for 10 nights in January. I just went on WDW site to price without discount, and it's def 20%

Hello everyone! My husband and I are really excited to try out Port Orleans Riverside the week after Thanksgiving! We were going to be daring and try a value, but couldn't resist switching with the free regular dining that just came out for the moderates! :cool1:

Anyway, I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer. It sounds really fun to rent one of those sea raycers on our "day off" to explore the river. Does anyone know if this has to be done ahead of time, or just when we arrive at the resort?

We have a king room and would like to stay in the alligator bayou section. I saw posted on another thread somewhere this morning that the free dining does not apply to the alligator bayou rooms, but the cm did not mention this to me on the phone. Has anyone else heard this? What is the best way to go about requesting a room in that section?

Thanks for your help! :lovestruc

We have a king room and would like to stay in the alligator bayou section. I saw posted on another thread somewhere this morning that the free dining does not apply to the alligator bayou rooms, but the cm did not mention this to me on the phone. Has anyone else heard this? What is the best way to go about requesting a room in that section?

That's not true. No limitations stating the AB rooms are not included. Hope you get your first choice of rooms! :wizard:

ETA: Probably someone could not get any AVAILABILITY in POR AB for their time frame.

SueM that is great!!! I believe certain times of the year the discount is more. April is only giving me 10% off, but for now its better than rack rate!

Hello everyone! My husband and I are really excited to try out Port Orleans Riverside the week after Thanksgiving! We were going to be daring and try a value, but couldn't resist switching with the free regular dining that just came out for the moderates! :cool1:

Anyway, I had a few questions I was hoping someone could answer. It sounds really fun to rent one of those sea raycers on our "day off" to explore the river. Does anyone know if this has to be done ahead of time, or just when we arrive at the resort?

The moderator of this board has a great website full of info portorleans.org :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter