• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are considering a stay here in a Royal Guest Room but I would like to choose the option that will put us closest to the main building. Can anyone tell me the difference between standard view, garden view, water view, & river view and which of those options gives me a better chance of getting closer to the main building. Also am I correct that I want Oak Manor building.
Thank you.

We were in Parterre last week -- it was not too bad for the food court, but the big pool was a hike. I forgot my little one's swimmies one trip and almost cried that I had to walk all the way back there. Oak Manor is a lilttle closer to both, but I guess it depends which building you are in and whether you are on the riverside or the parking lot side (we were closer to the parking lot side). Ours was garden view, but we did have a view of the quiet pool near our building.

The Royal Rooms are awesome! Plus mousekeeping in our room (Room 9712) was terrific!

:lmao: yes, how did that go Venomhatch :p .... when the whole upgrading malarkey was going on I had to step away because I was floored at how some reacted :eek:

Ditto. I made a mild joke about something or other on the upgrade front, and got solidly flamed so I just unsubscribed. I'll pop along to visit the Poly at least once every trip still, just not that thread thanks very much.

Andre

Well I agree, I stepped away and then resurfaced with the trip report. I got room 3414 which was Theme park view, 3rd floor with balcony, strait view of the castle. My trip report is in my signature if anyone wants to see.

We just left POR last night. It was a wonderful stay. The day we left they were taking down the scaffolding from around Building 27. The resort was beautiful as ever.

I really like the refurbished room. My DD's 6 and 8 both slept on the Murphy Bed. They had their heads on opposite ends of the bed and it worked nice because my DS 17 doesn't like sharing a bed with anyone and I didn't have to get the air mattress out.

I really like the refurbished room. My DD's 6 and 8 both slept on the Murphy Bed. They had their heads on opposite ends of the bed and it worked nice because my DS 17 doesn't like sharing a bed with anyone and I didn't have to get the air mattress out.

Wow that bed doesn't look that wide. Just looking at pictures, I was afraid that whoever slept on it might roll off. Of course, I'm a wriggler, so just assume everyone else is too.:rotfl: No way could I sleep on that thing without falling off. My husband says I take up a whole queen size bed with my flipping flopping around.:rotfl:

Thanks everyone for your help, I booked a river view royal room but am now second guessing it.

We are staying at ASMu for 7 nights, after that my DD and my Mom are going home and DH and I are checking into POR for 4 nights. We are going to be tired! Our plan is to enjoy food and wine and go at our own pace and just relax for a few days. I am wondering if I should reserve a preferred room instead.

Do all rooms at POR have queen beds?

Thanks everyone for your help, I booked a river view royal room but am now second guessing it.

We are staying at ASMu for 7 nights, after that my DD and my Mom are going home and DH and I are checking into POR for 4 nights. We are going to be tired! Our plan is to enjoy food and wine and go at our own pace and just relax for a few days. I am wondering if I should reserve a preferred room instead.

Do all rooms at POR have queen beds?

All rooms in the whole resort have queen beds. All rooms in the Alligator bayou will have the murphy bed...the preferred rooms are in the alligator bayou. Go check out pics of the rooms in both alligator bayou and the mansions (called magnolia bend) at www.portorleans.org

This will give you an idea of where you want to stay.

Any word on the rennovations in the lobby? I think its scheduled to be finished tomorrow, 6/21. Can't wait to see the photos!

Well I agree, I stepped away and then resurfaced with the trip report. I got room 3414 which was Theme park view, 3rd floor with balcony, strait view of the castle. My trip report is in my signature if anyone wants to see.

Thanks! Loved your report - amazing photos!

Thanks! Loved your report - amazing photos!

Yeah it was my Nikon 5100's First trip so had to break it in there. Learned what lenses to take back with me the next time also. Sadly this time I cant do spy shots at POR. That was fun! I kept looking over my shoulder like is anyone coming? Lol!

Yeah it was my Nikon 5100's First trip so had to break it in there. Learned what lenses to take back with me the next time also. Sadly this time I cant do spy shots at POR. That was fun! I kept looking over my shoulder like is anyone coming? Lol!

Haha that was awesome .... being just an observer I felt kinda 'naughty' as I knew who we had on the inside ;) :rotfl: Good job hun :cheer2:

Any word on the rennovations in the lobby? I think its scheduled to be finished tomorrow, 6/21. Can't wait to see the photos!

Latest info is now around Monday due to some extra work finishing off the new floor tiles (and allowing enough drying time).

Andre

Just curious...

There will be 5 of us staying at POR with the murphy bed. Question...looked at the pics and couldn't see any dressers? Does the murphy bed replace the dresser? Yikes, that's a long time (2 weeks) living out of ones suitcase!

Just curious...

There will be 5 of us staying at POR with the murphy bed. Question...looked at the pics and couldn't see any dressers?

Nope

Does the murphy bed replace the dresser?

Yep

Yikes, that's a long time (2 weeks) living out of ones suitcase!

This is not a question, but yep.

There are three drawers that are under the Murphy bed and there are a few shelves beside the fridge plus you have a whole closet beside the sink area. Still for a family of five it is not much. The good news is the just about everyone that went and is now back said they had a great time and just made due with the room they had.

AK doesn't do a "rope drop" show anymore. They do let you through the gates early and hold everyone in the area where you see the Tree of Life.

Then they have one family open the park - I couldn't hear what they said - and then dropped the rope for everyone to go on their way about 8:50am when I was there the first week of May 2012.

So MK is the only park with a rope drop show now.

What a about the rope drop show at DHS is that one gone as well?

The AK one was...well...quite Goofy but it did have a good hidden Mickey.

Had to share.........last night rooms opened up under my pin code and I was able to switch from FQ to our beloved Riverside:love: Requested AB, as usual;) Im so happy we'll be staying there again. I was at FQ last month, and although I didnt mind staying there-I missed POR so much I walked up there everyday just hang around for a while:goodvibes

Cheers!

Just curious...

There will be 5 of us staying at POR with the murphy bed. Question...looked at the pics and couldn't see any dressers? Does the murphy bed replace the dresser? Yikes, that's a long time (2 weeks) living out of ones suitcase!

We are really really worried about this as well! We have younger kids-- 11,9 and 5 on our trip.. but I am scared we'll be on top of each other. We priced offsite suites and they are cheaper than POR..but we love the Disney feel etc.. ugh.. I wish WDW was cheaper ;)

We are really really worried about this as well! We have younger kids-- 11,9 and 5 on our trip.. but I am scared we'll be on top of each other. We priced offsite suites and they are cheaper than POR..but we love the Disney feel etc.. ugh.. I wish WDW was cheaper ;)

We had this room with a family of 5 in March. It was bad planning on the room refurb with allowing so little storage, but whats done is done.

We had 3 teens and 2 adults so everyone had to keep themselves organized or deal with me!:lmao: Really we gave the boys the drawers under the fold down bed and the rest lived out of suitcases. Bringing a hanging storage container for the closet area would probably help.

To us, it is still worth it to stay on-site. On site just completes the vacation for us! I don't think we would have the same feel of a Disney vacation in an off site location.

I would bring a shoe caddy to hang over the door to the bathroom and give everyone their own row....

I have done POR mansions with three friends the last couple of years and it was great for keeping organized.

Would give you some extra storage space.

We went to Boatwrights for dinner last night. It was very good. We had an excellent server named Chris. The kids didn't like their child's pasta with meat sauce, I was afraid they wouldn't so I started sharing my dinner with the girls and when he came back to the table he asked if they didn't like their dinner. I told him they didn't and I was sharing mine with them. He came back with mac n cheese. That was so thoughtful and I got to eat my entire dinner. What a way to start off the week. :)

So relieved to read this as reviews for this restaurant are all over the place, especially on the restaurant board. Anyone else had a recent experience with the restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter