Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, slightly :offtopic:, but ADRs tomorrow! I have my list and credit card ready. Now to just patiently watch the clock :hourglass

The main one was a Saturday 8:05 am at CRT. It was a big deal to my daughter, and I got it. The others shouldn't be too hard to get (Chef Mickey's, LTT, T Rex). OK, back on topic, did I mention we are VERY excited to be staying at POR in 6 months!!

So I just changed my November ressie to include the Royal Guest Rooms!!!! I have a question though. If FD is offered, do they offer it for the RGR or are they excluded?

So I just changed my November ressie to include the Royal Guest Rooms!!!! I have a question though. If FD is offered, do they offer it for the RGR or are they excluded?

I think it depends. I've heard some on here say it wasn't available for them when they tried to book it. However, we stayed in a RGR in March with FD so it can be done! It probably just depends on availability.

The main one was a Saturday 8:05 am at CRT. It was a big deal to my daughter, and I got it. The others shouldn't be too hard to get (Chef Mickey's, LTT, T Rex). OK, back on topic, did I mention we are VERY excited to be staying at POR in 6 months!!

Call t rex direct to book that one disney offers very few times.

In 24 hours we'll be on a plane heading south to POR! Can't wait!!! We love French Quarter, so hopefully we'll love Riverside too!!!! :flower3:

I think it depends. I've heard some on here say it wasn't available for them when they tried to book it. However, we stayed in a RGR in March with FD so it can be done! It probably just depends on availability.

I thought I read that too! We hopefully, I will be on top of the free dining stuff and be on the phone first thing!!!princess:

We are going in August and staying in a RGR with free dining, so I would think you will be able to. It may depend on the promotion however. Good luck.

I am SO hoping we like the new AB rooms. We are staying at POR for the first time this summer and have a preferred room booked, which automatically puts us in AB. After studying the pictures of the refurbished rooms, I'm really not sure that I like them. At all. I especially don't like the big "crate" look in the middle of the room and the dark paneling in the bathroom...especially the shower. I'd switch to garden (or river view) and request the mansions, but DH LOVES being really close to the food court, and even the buildings right across the bridge are too inconvenient. Plus, my 84 year-old MIL will be joining us, and I'm trying to find the most accessible room for her. POFQ is not an option. As much as I love it there, we have stayed there already and looking for something new.

I just don't want to feel like I'm in a cabin in the woods. (Although we're staying at WL in Dec.! LOL! What's wrong with me!!!):rotfl2: I'm hoping the room will "grow" on me.

I'll take some reassurance that these rooms are lovely from those of you who've stayed in them already. Any thoughts?:confused3

Nonetheless...SO excited about POR!!! And Andre...I LOVE your site!:thumbsup2

Does the Fulton's store sell block cheddar cheese? Thought about bringing crackers for a snack and would like to have cheese to go with them.

TIA!

Kanga1 - You sound like my wife who worries about thing that may never be. Tell yourself it will all be all right. Just think queen beds and two sinks and most of all, YOU ARE AT WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanga1 - You sound like my wife who worries about thing that may never be. Tell yourself it will all be all right. Just think queen beds and two sinks and most of all, YOU ARE AT WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ditto... we hardly spent any time in our rooms except to sleep. also the murphy bed would be an added bonus...your MIL and your dd will have their own beds

Does the Fulton's store sell block cheddar cheese?

As they don't have a chiller cabinet (apart from the drinks cooler) I rather doubt it. I'd just bring some with you to be honest, it'd hardly take up a lot of space.

Andre

Thank you for that bit of advice. Thats where we plan on eating dinner the first day we are there.
Good choice I've done just that several times. Another tip is if your local grocery store offers landys gift cards or rainforest gc they are good at Trex. I personally redeem mypoints for landys GC and get meal for "free"

While I was never a particular fan of this specific range (too much like sportswear), does anyone else really miss having several wallbays of resort-specific Port Orleans merchandise to choose from? I know I do. And it was even better when there were separate POR and POFQ products.

POR-Main-2008-7889_forum.jpg

POR-Main-2008-7890_forum.jpg

Andre

I am so excited! DH and I decided to book a Sept trip for free dining, and we booked a RR water view for 9/5-9/11!!!! I am curious about one thing...the coffee pot. I understand that it is a pod style? Can someone elaborate? I am a Folgers girl, and I gotta have my morning coffee!!! LOL, I just need to know what kind to bring! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter