Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bed rests on the seat, but it is also uses some type of hydraulic hinge. When you first pull out the bed, it releases very slowly for safety. In fact you can pull on the tab, then walk away. It takes 10 seconds or so for it to get to the full open position.

The bed seemed very sturdy. It could easily sleep an 8 year old as long as they aren't too tall...my 9 year old slept there a few nights. I think a person's height would be more of a limiting factor than their weight. My 11 year old seemed to be a bit too tall for the bed and chose not to sleep there. I'm sure he could have slept there, but with too smaller children, they were more comfortable. If you are concerned, the hotel could probably provide the actual weight limit.
Thanks you! I'm glad to know that that it's more of a height factor rather that the weight factor. I'd hate for it to break if any of my kids even attempt to lay on it just to say that they tried it. :)

Sigh we had to post pone our trip that was scheduled for this friday. My father in law has taken a turn for the worse and it not expected to live very long, we are talking days. Now we are going in June.

Thanks for the pictures and information on the murphy bed WC*123. Since you were there recently do you recall if there was enough room somewhere to put a twin blow up mattress? I'm guessing my 11, 11, and 13 yr olds would be a little big for the murphy bed so we're hoping we can squeeze in the mattress.

Thanks.

Does anyone know (Andre) if buildings 16 and 17 AB are refurbed yet? I put in a Garden view room request in those buildings yesterday for our trip in early August. They were recommended by Andre to be fairly close to the main building and pool without being preferred.

Thanks!!!

Sigh we had to post pone our trip that was scheduled for this friday. My father in law has taken a turn for the worse and it not expected to live very long, we are talking days. Now we are going in June.

My condolences. Best wishes to your family.

Thanks for the pictures and information on the murphy bed WC*123. Since you were there recently do you recall if there was enough room somewhere to put a twin blow up mattress? I'm guessing my 11, 11, and 13 yr olds would be a little big for the murphy bed so we're hoping we can squeeze in the mattress.

Thanks.

In a refurb room, you should be able to fit a twin mattress on the floor by the entrance door. The table and chairs might need to be moved around a bit, but I think it could be done. The non-refurb rooms have a pull out bed from under one double, so that space is probably not available.

I'm not sure how big the murphy bed is, but I thought the bed can accomodate a person up to 5 or 5.5 feet. It could work for one of your 11 yr olds.

So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Wow did we already fill up the old thread for 2012??? Hey everyone, I was wondering why I wasn't getting notifications anymore.

So sorry to hear. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers:hug:

OMG, I just saw this. I am so sorry to hear this! Good to post pone it. I went to POFQ in 2009 and we had no idea but my grand mother was just having minor health issues and they said you have while. So we went on that trip and while I was gone she got worse and passed. I was so heart broken that I wasn't there.

My sympathies go out to your family!

Your Friend...

Not trying to scare anyone, but here is a look at the POR pool during a Spring Break week (leading up to Easter)...

The park crowd levels were a 9 or 10 most days we were there. So, if you are there at a peak time, this is what your pool will look like. It was a little tricky finding seats each day, but we always found some. People seemed to leave chairs without removing their towels.

The pool activities were great for the kids mid-day. It is a little loud, but my kids were always playing bingo, limbo, trivia, etc. According to them, it was one of the highlights of their vacation. The main pool has activities from noon to 5PM. It wasn't posted, but the lifeguard said the slide closed at 9PM.

One final note...it was 90 degrees everyday! So, lots of people looking to cool off.

I'm so very sorry, and will keep your family in my prayers.

Not trying to scare anyone, but here is a look at the POR pool during a Spring Break week (leading up to Easter)...

The park crowd levels were a 9 or 10 most days we were there. So, if you are there at a peak time, this is what your pool will look like. It was a little tricky finding seats each day, but we always found some. People seemed to leave chairs without removing their towels.

The pool activities were great for the kids mid-day. It is a little loud, but my kids were always playing bingo, limbo, trivia, etc. According to them, it was one of the highlights of their vacation. The main pool has activities from noon to 5PM. It wasn't posted, but the lifeguard said the slide closed at 9PM.

One final note...it was 90 degrees everyday! So, lots of people looking to cool off.

It's that bad this week. We just took our one year old DD to the quiet pool by Magnolia Terrace and it was nice. When we left, about 15 teenagers were taking it over. The main pool has been crowded all day the last couple days.

So sorry to hear this. Blessings to you and yours.

Does anyone know (Andre) if buildings 16 and 17 AB are refurbed yet? I put in a Garden view room request in those buildings yesterday for our trip in early August.

Not yet (see the FAQ info in first post) but they should be done by August. Once the RGRs are finished and the final ones opened on Friday (yes, it's all still on schedule) then they will move on to the rest of Alligator Bayou, and that area seems to take around two weeks per building.

Andre

Sorry to hear about your FIL, I know how tough a time this can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter