Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not agree more.

Plus according to the Unifficial Guide, tge mods are actually quieter than the deluxes thanks to the weather stripping on doors that open to the outside world instead of a boring old corridor. :)

I agree with the unofficial guide. We stayed at Polynesian one year and POR the very next. I can't tell you how many nights I was awoken to the sounds of very loud people coming in very late at night down the long corridor at the Poly. POR is sooo quiet! 43 days and counting! :):cool1:

I agree with the unofficial guide. We stayed at Polynesian one year and POR the very next. I can't tell you how many nights I was awoken to the sounds of very loud people coming in very late at night down the long corridor at the Poly. POR is sooo quiet! 43 days and counting! :):cool1:

43 days - we will be there the same time! I'm so excited and counting down the days!!!

This will be our 8th trip to WDW since DH and I married, and the 5th stay at POR. I love this place!!

We love POR. It's our go-to moderate when we are doing a quick stay and plan on a going to DTD (and don't want to have to drive home). Anyway, I wanted to share a picture I took the last time we were there that I took from the boat on our way to DTD.
923525e2540311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

We'll be there again next Saturday and I can't wait.

I will be forgoing my usual week after Thanksgiving trip this year, because my mom and I are going on two other trips.

But I am going next June with an entire group, so I am savoring the fact that it is finally June and I can say almost this time next year (the 23rd) I will be back home.......

I have a carriage ride scheduled at POR, and I know I was given some information on where to check in/how early to arrive - but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where you check in for the carriage rides?

Thank you :love:

I would love to know about the carriage rides. How much etc?

Also, is there a early July movie schedule out yet?

I have a question about building requests please.

Originally we wanted the Royal Rooms but we decided to save the $ and just go with the regular rooms. But we want the mansions. Can we get the mansions? I would rather go to POFQ than have an alligator bayou room (no offense they are not my style at all).

Is this possible because I am well aware that room requests are just that...requests.

Thanks!

I have a carriage ride scheduled at POR, and I know I was given some information on where to check in/how early to arrive
I would love to know about the carriage rides. How much etc?

Everything you need to know can be found at http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php#Carriage. Please let me know if I missed anything out.

Also, is there a early July movie schedule out yet?

Nope, should be available by 1st July, could be a few days earlier if we're lucky.

I have a question about building requests please.

Originally we wanted the Royal Rooms but we decided to save the $ and just go with the regular rooms. But we want the mansions. Can we get the mansions? I would rather go to POFQ than have an alligator bayou room (no offense they are not my style at all).

You can indeed request a mansion building if you like, both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace have regular guests rooms - just as long as there are no more than four of you in the room. See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more information on the subject than you can shake a stick at. :)

Andre

Bumping our thread...68 days to go! Can't wait to get to POR, we need this family vacation really bad. We've had an extremely rough year.

We love POR. It's our go-to moderate when we are doing a quick stay and plan on a going to DTD (and don't want to have to drive home). Anyway, I wanted to share a picture I took the last time we were there that I took from the boat on our way to DTD.
923525e2540311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

We'll be there again next Saturday and I can't wait.

This is such a great picture!

We would like to go on a horse drawn carriage ride the day we arrive. How would I go about arranging this?

Just changed my ressies from CBR to POR today ! The main reason was for the refurbished Queen sized rooms. We want to stay in the mansions . Stayed in AB back in 2000 when we all went down as a family of 5 and it was tight! Looking forward to us each having our own queen bed....that will be so nice :thumbsup2.DD 16 and I are looking forward to a magical stay in 6 weeks time :woohoo:!

Sorry I missed that.... I am such a dork!!! :rolleyes1 Thanks for reposting!!

I was distracted by Princess Dolly's beautiful photos..... :goodvibes

Woo-hoo - was up at 05.45am as my 180 day window opened ... got all my ADRs sorted ... and I am now posting in the right thread, 4th cup of coffee ensured that :thumbsup2

Woo-hoo - was up at 05.45am as my 180 day window opened ... got all my ADRs sorted ... and I am now posting in the right thread, 4th cup of coffee ensured that :thumbsup2

That's great!! In two weeks I get to do that and I hope I can say the same thing!! Congrats!! :woohoo:

From news page at www.portorleans.org/rehab.php:

The Alligator Bayou guest room refurbishment program is continuing apace, with one new building commencing work every Sunday. Building #39 closed today, and building #34 is due to close on Sunday 17th June. The work is generally taking twelve days per 64-room building, so #39 and #34 are intended to be returned for guest use on the 22nd and 29th of June respectively.

As previously mentioned, the ‘twenties’ numbered buildings are taking slightly longer to complete due to the additional roofing work that is being carried out, which is being further hindered by the wet Florida summer weather. Buildings #27 and #25 are currently estimated to be returned for use on the 20th and 27th of June, but those dates are still somewhat uncertain.

Finally, buildings #26 and #35 will both be closed together on Sunday 24th June, which will signal the final goodbye for the last few non-refurbished guest rooms at Port Orleans. By the end of the first week in July there should be just one building still undergoing renovation (#26) which will hopefully be completed around the third week in July.

The work on the main lobby at Port Orleans Riverside is also moving along well now, with the new chandelier already hoisted up into place. Work continues on laying the fabulous new tiling, and currently the plan is for the construction walls to be removed overnight on Wednesday 20th June, reopening for guests on 21st June.

Andre

That's great!! In two weeks I get to do that and I hope I can say the same thing!! Congrats!! :woohoo:

Thanks - the only ones I couldn't sorted were the Epcot reservations but thats because of the CP Package blackout, I'll be able to book those 26th June.

Everything else went perfect - got all picks and the times I wanted (11 in total) :cool1: FYI, they are all park restaurants, no resorts. Good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter