• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

POR/POFQ do for sure! CBR and CSR mostly do.

Deluxes usually dont.
Tx......I have to now run a phone line to my printer :)

I booked a Standard Rooms.....whatever the lowest priced rooms are. Am I able to request a Standard Room in those Mansion Buildings?

or

Are those considered the "higher end" rooms that have no room Standard Rooms?

I love the decor, the atmosphere and environment.

Tx......I have to now run a phone line to my printer :)

I booked a Standard Rooms.....whatever the lowest priced rooms are. Am I able to request a Standard Room in those Mansion Buildings?

or

Are those considered the "higher end" rooms that have no room Standard Rooms?

I love the decor, the atmosphere and environment.

There are standards everywhere there. So if you want a mansion maybe mention that in the fax. If you go to www.portorleans.org you will there there are two mansions with regular standard rooms Arcadia and Magnolia Buildings. The only higher end rooms are like Royal Theme Rooms or Preferred Rooms, but preferred are in AB area near main building.

First off venom we wish you a full and healthy recovery:thumbsup2. Back in oct. While we were there i expressed our situation on here and you helped the best you could. We appreciated that. Also back then i questioned the "difficult customer" list i found out we were on cause of resort change and resort request. You avoided that and was just wondering if i could get more info on this "list" and how does one get off of it. Pm me if needed. Tia

There are standards everywhere there. So if you want a mansion maybe mention that in the fax. If you go to www.portorleans.org you will there there are two mansions with regular standard rooms Arcadia and Magnolia Buildings. The only higher end rooms are like Royal Theme Rooms or Preferred Rooms, but preferred are in AB area near main building.
Thanks again Venomhatch.

Any suggestions on a specific Standard Room #s to request for Building 85?

I just got off the phone and put in a Special Request for Building 85 on the ground floor just so that it's closer to the bridge to get to Old Man's Island ( my kids are going to do a lot of swimming at night ).

Really stupid question....but in this day and age....does the Disney Resorts really pay attention to faxes? Has it really worked to help get special room requests the week before your arrival? If so, I'm gonna have to hook up my fax machine. ;)

When my family went last March I faxed in 5 days prior to our arrival and we were lucky and received a phone call like an hour later! Totally unexpected!!! So yes they do pay attention to faxes!!

Thanks again Venomhatch.

I just got off the phone and put in a Special Request for Building 85 on the ground floor just so that it's closer to the bridge to get to Old Man's Island ( my kids are going to do a lot of swimming at night ).

Id say with first be the most important first: 8522, 8523, and 8524. Those would be near the quiet pool, laundry, and as close to main bridge you asked.

Thanks again Venomhatch.

It's really better to not be too specific. What if none of the rooms Venom suggested are available? If you only request a room number, they won't know what a suitable substitute would be. A better idea would be to say what you want (ground floor near bridge) and then give the room numbers Venom suggested as examples of where you'd like to be.

It's really better to not be too specific. What if none of the rooms Venom suggested are available? If you only request a room number, they won't know what a suitable substitute would be. A better idea would be to say what you want (ground floor near bridge) and then give the room numbers Venom suggested as examples of where you'd like to be.

That is true, could always follow up the rooms with, "in that area close the main bridge to ol man island." That should help as well.

Hmmm. I just tried sending my fax and it said "delivery failed: no fax machine detected on receiving end." I'm trying to double check the fax number.

UPDATE: I retried a couple of times and it finally went through successfully! It's been years since I have faxed, and I forgot all the glitchiness of wrong numbers, etc! AND I used an online service for the first time!

Fingers crossed for Pixie Dust! If not - this time next week, we should still be settled into a lovely room at POR, getting ready to head to a park!!! I can't wait!

Buckets of pixie dust! We got a lovely Royal Room, and the sweetest check in agent, ever. I know some have questioned the Royal Rooms, but the theming and detail are fabulous for my family!

Thanks for the advice!

Vanessa

Hello Donald: I'm really sorry to hear that you have not been well, sending pixie dust your way and hoping you are better soon!pixiedust:
I recall how helpful you were when we requested our rooms during our 2013 stay at POR in a royal room; the CM room assigner who assisted us at the resort was wonderful and even called me personally after we arrived (one of our 8 rooms got re-assigned, but they fixed it the next day).
Our next trip is coming up in a few weeks, and we're staying at AKL this time - it's been a dream and it's finally coming true.:cloud9:

Do you know if they also have a room assigner who will take faxes? I've checked over on their thread and it doesn't seem like that information is available.

Thought I would just take a chance and post and ask.

Thanks so much, and I wish you better days ahead. :)

-Sherri

Hello Donald: I'm really sorry to hear that you have not been well, sending pixie dust your way and hoping you are better soon!pixiedust:
I recall how helpful you were when we requested our rooms during our 2013 stay at POR in a royal room; the CM room assigner who assisted us at the resort was wonderful and even called me personally after we arrived (one of our 8 rooms got re-assigned, but they fixed it the next day).
Our next trip is coming up in a few weeks, and we're staying at AKL this time - it's been a dream and it's finally coming true.:cloud9:

Do you know if they also have a room assigner who will take faxes? I've checked over on their thread and it doesn't seem like that information is available.

Thought I would just take a chance and post and ask.

Thanks so much, and I wish you better days ahead. :)

-Sherri

Ok Deluxes don't usually do faxes. But you are welcome to try putting some in the notes of your my experience. They may see what they can do for you as it is Disney and we try!

Ok Deluxes don't usually do faxes. But you are welcome to try putting some in the notes of your my experience. They may see what they can do for you as it is Disney and we try!
Thanks so much for replying; I figured that may be the case. I did put in a request with online check in.
Have a wonderful day!

What should I request for our honeymoon? We paid for garden view but I would like the most romantic room we can get? I'm not sure how to translate that on a fax. We have never been to POR so I don't know from experience what to ask for. What would you recommend I say?

What should I request for our honeymoon? We paid for garden view but I would like the most romantic room we can get? I'm not sure how to translate that on a fax. We have never been to POR so I don't know from experience what to ask for. What would you recommend I say?

The most "romantic view" is arguably one of the river view rooms. My wife and I did this in 2009 for our honeymoon at POFQ, but that's a 30 dollar upcharge I think. It was really special indeed.

As for the garden view rooms, they do vary quite a bit from views of bushes to views of sprawling gardens. There is a web site that literally shows you a picture out the window of each and every room at the resort. Maybe someone can point Landslide305 toward a link to that?

Hello all, just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the advice and ideas. I just returned yesterday. I had initially booked only a standard room but I tried the fax upgrade request template and it worked like a charm! My boyfriend and I were going for his birthday and it was my first visit. We were upgraded to a river view royal suite! What an absolute pleasure & surprise!! My advice to anyone and everyone in this forum is just send the fax!!! You never know what might happen :) We had a beautiful visit.

This is all a little confusing for me.

I'm contemplating this - we booked our rooms through a travel agent so we were offered a garden view at POR in our quote and took it. I want to make this trip as special as possible for my boyfriend, who's never been to amusement parks (we're going during the last Star Wars weekend and he is a huge Star Wars nerd!). However, our flight gets in at 10:30 PM since we're flying down after work (plus need to take Magical Express, so we probably wouldn't get to our room until almost midnight). Seems like we'd get whatever rooms were leftover?

I know it's going to be a grueling day just getting there, so I'm hoping something like a river view might put him in good spirits. Our trip is in 3 months.

If I've booked a Royal Room River View for a June 29 - July 5 stay is there any point in attempting to go a step further and request a specific building? We'd really like to be in Parterre in order to be closest to POFQ. We have friends that are staying there around the same time and are planning on dropping by to visit every morning for breakfast at the POFQ food court.

If I've booked a Royal Room River View for a June 29 - July 5 stay is there any point in attempting to go a step further and request a specific building? We'd really like to be in Parterre in order to be closest to POFQ.

Sure, why not? Most people seem to request rooms close to the POR main buildings and/or bus stops, so I guess it'd be a welcome change to have someone request a room in the opposite direction. Give it a try!

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter