Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

If I am hoping to send in a room request fax closer to our trip, should I go ahead and do online check in or wait until after I send the fax? Not sure.

jennyjinx3 said:
If I am hoping to send in a room request fax closer to our trip, should I go ahead and do online check in or wait until after I send the fax? Not sure.

I doesn't matter either way. Whatever you want to do.

As Dansdad says it doesn't matter. I would do it. I will not affect your requests.

Hi! We're headed to POR feb 8! So 5 days would be on a Monday and 7 days on a Saturday. What day would you suggest faxing?? I'm looking for a standard room the closest to bus stops bc we have my mom who is wearing a leg brace for a torn MCL. And we have a heavy double stroller with a one month old and two toddlers. We have 2 rooms booked, grandma and the toddlers in one room and parents and newborn in another, so how can I get joining rooms? Any building, floor level, or room suggestions you have to fit these needs? Can I get a word doc of the template? Thank you for your generosity!!!

Sent our fax request this morning. Hopefully I didn't send it too early. We arrive on Saturday!

The Room Manager is back today after their vacation and I just spoke with him so he is there.

Already posted thanks to Andre on his Q&A thread. I don't post often but I have read all the way thru this thread. Just sent my fax this morning with our requests. Not pushing in any way because we will enjoy our stay no matter whether we get any of our requests or not. There are four of us between the ages of 58 and 71 (that's me) coming for our FIRST EVER trip to WDW! We are excited. Thank you so much for all the wonderful help you have been. Edd & Deborah, Craig & Leapixiedust:

How exciting - your first trip to WDW! I didn't go until I was an adult with a 7 year old. Can you imagine, so I share your excitement. It is amazing. I was awed. Have a great trip!

Already posted thanks to Andre on his Q&A thread. I don't post often but I have read all the way thru this thread. Just sent my fax this morning with our requests. Not pushing in any way because we will enjoy our stay no matter whether we get any of our requests or not. There are four of us between the ages of 58 and 71 (that's me) coming for our FIRST EVER trip to WDW! We are excited. Thank you so much for all the wonderful help you have been.
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Leapixiedust:

Some posts do make it through the cracks and I do miss them from time to time. But LisaTC's comment made me want to come back and re-read this post. I am super thrilled that you are coming for the first time! Make sure you mention that to your CM that checks you in as well if anyone is celebrating anything while they are there! They give you special buttons and other little magic just to help make it that much more magical. CMs greet you left and right while wearing the buttons to brighten your day as you are at the resorts and while in the parks. It really does make it even more special. While I do apologize for letting your comment slip through as I am very busy CM at the Polynesian training to move up, I do wish you all a very Magical Visit here at Disney World!

Some posts do make it through the cracks and I do miss them from time to time. But LisaTC's comment made me want to come back and re-read this post. I am super thrilled that you are coming for the first time! Make sure you mention that to your CM that checks you in as well if anyone is celebrating anything while they are there! They give you special buttons and other little magic just to help make it that much more magical. CMs greet you left and right while wearing the buttons to brighten your day as you are at the resorts and while in the parks. It really does make it even more special. While I do apologize for letting your comment slip through as I am very busy CM at the Polynesian training to move up, I do wish you all a very Magical Visit here at Disney World!

Busy...yes, but always make time to give us great advice. I should've mentioned that, too. We always go around DD's b-day and she has her pin. All the CM's are so gracious and congratulatory. It is so special at Disney.

Kudos, Venom...have thought of staying at the Poly, but can't seem to get away from POR and need to be convinced the difference in $$ is worth it, which I'm sure it would be...just want the extra $$ for all that shopping Disney wants me to be doing! ;)

Busy...yes, but always make time to give us great advice. I should've mentioned that, too. We always go around DD's b-day and she has her pin. All the CM's are so gracious and congratulatory. It is so special at Disney.

Kudos, Venom...have thought of staying at the Poly, but can't seem to get away from POR and need to be convinced the difference in $$ is worth it, which I'm sure it would be...just want the extra $$ for all that shopping Disney wants me to be doing! ;)

Thanks Lisa, it is always a joy to see you posting on there also, along with all the other POR pros lol. I want to send you a PM to pick your brain on something.

D~

Getting my fax ready for tomorrow or Wednesday. We booked GV as it was the only thing available with Visa discount. Requested a ground floor near Sassagoula. Explained we've been trying to book Preferred but unsuccessful and willing to take any category room with priority bring close to food and transportation.
Does that sound reasonable?

Getting my fax ready for tomorrow or Wednesday. We booked GV as it was the only thing available with Visa discount. Requested a ground floor near Sassagoula. Explained we've been trying to book Preferred but unsuccessful and willing to take any category room with priority bring close to food and transportation.
Does that sound reasonable?

They may have it available still I would inquire about it and see if they can get you in a certain building you like and then mention your trying to get as close as you can to the Sassagoula also. That may help you. Also it never hurts to inquire again at check in. Most upgrades are done on the spot at check in.

Venomhatch are you able to check out my previous post and advise me. I plan to send my fax today or tomorrow based on your advice. Thanks!

Hi! We're headed to POR feb 8! So 5 days would be on a Monday and 7 days on a Saturday. What day would you suggest faxing?? I'm looking for a standard room the closest to bus stops bc we have my mom who is wearing a leg brace for a torn MCL. And we have a heavy double stroller with a one month old and two toddlers. We have 2 rooms booked, grandma and the toddlers in one room and parents and newborn in another, so how can I get joining rooms? Any building, floor level, or room suggestions you have to fit these needs? Can I get a word doc of the template? Thank you for your generosity!!!

Venomhatch are you able to check out my previous post and advise me. I plan to send my fax today or tomorrow based on your advice. Thanks!

I would mention that you were hoping for a room in preferred since you are traveling with you mother and her movement restrictions and you wanted to inquire to a possibility of being place in one of the buildings close to South Depot but with connecting rooms if possible. I have to confer with Andre and make sure about connecting rooms in preferred buildings or not but if you PM me with your email address I will send you a template in word format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter